Fire elemental totetem as enh?

as the name of the topic indicates,
    Is it worth useing fire ele totem as enh spec? when i lose the searing totem dot?
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

Deleted
    Definitely not for singletarget DPS, and probably not even for AoE. You waste 5 talent points by not keeping searing up and attacking a target.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that, in AoE situations, Fire Ele is great.

I think that for burst, Fire Ele wins over Searing totem. Otherwise, searing. not sure bout that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

lol i got yelled at the other day by a bunch of randoms saying its a dps increase in any situation as apposed to searing
    i only use fire ele if thers aoe or if im going to be switching targets very quickly making the searingtotem debuff not being used to full effect

Is it worth useing fire ele totem as enh spec? when i lose the searing totem dot?
    Considering Seating Totem is on top of our priority list i'd say stick with that. Fire ele totem might come out on top on AoE scenarios though.

Deleted
    Not a dps increase for single target burst. Reason: Most of your damage comes from Lava Lash. LL is boosted by Searing Stacks, 10% per stack, +5% per stack more if you have 2-set t12. So unless by burst you mean a timespan less than like 5-6 seconds for Searing stacks to max out and then use LL, no; it should not be a dps increase even for burst.

Also, no number crunching;
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ljwxzd221dgnhgwd/sum/damageDone/?s=662&e=868
    Enhancement shammies searing and the elemental shammies Fire elemental both had equal uptime. The Searing is behind by 1.3k dps, but the Searing boosts the damage of LL by 75%.
    Last edited by mmoc36be576a5a; 2011-09-23 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahji View Post
    Not a dps increase for single target burst. Reason: Most of your damage comes from Lava Lash. LL is boosted by Searing Stacks, 10% per stack, +5% per stack more if you have 2-set t12. So unless by burst you mean a timespan less than like 5-6 seconds for Searing stacks to max out and then use LL, no; it should not be a dps increase even for burst.

Also, no number crunching;
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ljwxzd221dgnhgwd/sum/damageDone/?s=662&e=868
    Enhancement shammies searing and the elemental shammies Fire elemental both had equal uptime. The Searing is behind by 1.3k dps, but the Searing boosts the damage of LL by 75%.
    Im sorry but it increases the damge by 20%, not 10%. If you put two points in the talent that is. With t12 2-set it's 25% increased dmg per stack of searing totem. You can get 100k crits, so I think it makes searing totem superior in burst situations.
    And dont even bother aoe, throw a fire nova when everything is at cd and flame shock as many target you can while single target dmg something.

Deleted
    Yes... of course, silly me. I only looked at the talent and forgot that you actually put 2 points into it >.<