Deleted

Does avalanche weapon enchant scale with enhancement mastery?

Clues in the title

And also if it does how much mastery would you need to make it more viable than landslide if atall?

If I had to guess, too much. The flat damage doesn't really come close to the raw ap gain.

1.) Yes it scales with Enhancement Mastery.
    2.) If it happens to outscale it at all, it would be unobtainable with any amount of gear in the near (even possibly next expansion) future.

Deleted
    Fair enough thanks for the answers so dual landslide it is then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    2.) If it happens to outscale it at all, it would be unobtainable with any amount of gear in the near (even possibly next expansion) future.
    Landslide provides AP ->
    AP buffs element damage ->
    Mastery buffs element damage

I've seen this topic a surprising amount recently. Mastery doesn't only scale with Avalanche. Unless I'm missing something (and I very well could be), it should be quite literally impossible for Avalanche to ever out-do Landslide.
    mhm? mhm.

Didn't they change Avalanche to not be affected by Mastery?

Not that it really does much, I remember it critting for a whopping 1300 when I had ~2000 mastery before I started using Landslide on everything. And 1000 AP with 30%+ uptime per hand is very much worth more than a meh chance on hit for 600-1300 damage.
    || Yuuzu - 85 Draenei Enh Shaman || Soulu - 85 Worgen Arms Warrior ||
    || Revii - 85 Draenei Blood DK || Convivia of <Bacchanalia> of Durotan US ||

The river flows outside of town/ Away from dirt, away from crowds/
    And if I could follow it to the sea/ I'd wash the sweat right off of me/
    So break my legs and weigh me down/ Throw me in, but I won't drown/
    I'll float away, go down the stream/ The river leads outside this city.

Million Dead - Carthagio Est Delenda

Quote Originally Posted by Seranov View Post
    Didn't they change Avalanche to not be affected by Mastery?
    No it's still affected as far as I know. Only thing they removed Mastery scaling from was DMC:H

Fair enough.

Landslide is pretty much better in every way, and iirc, Avalanche needs nearly as many Shards, which are by far the most expensive parts of enchants now, especially since Maelstroms are like candy. So it's not even much more expensive, either.
    || Yuuzu - 85 Draenei Enh Shaman || Soulu - 85 Worgen Arms Warrior ||
    || Revii - 85 Draenei Blood DK || Convivia of <Bacchanalia> of Durotan US ||

The river flows outside of town/ Away from dirt, away from crowds/
    And if I could follow it to the sea/ I'd wash the sweat right off of me/
    So break my legs and weigh me down/ Throw me in, but I won't drown/
    I'll float away, go down the stream/ The river leads outside this city.

Million Dead - Carthagio Est Delenda

Yeah anymore it's kind of pointless. Crystals are actually cheaper on my server than Shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Paf View Post
    Landslide provides AP ->
    AP buffs element damage ->
    Mastery buffs element damage

I've seen this topic a surprising amount recently. Mastery doesn't only scale with Avalanche. Unless I'm missing something (and I very well could be), it should be quite literally impossible for Avalanche to ever out-do Landslide.
    there will be a point where avalanche will be better than landslide since shaman attacks are based off a % of AP.

So 1000 AP might increase lava lash damage by 500 and mastery increases that by 25%

but avalanche is a set amount of damage which means it scales on 100% of itself which means you increase avalanche base damage by 25% and in comparison to lava lash you are increasing 50% by 25% which is less.

Though lava lash base damage is so much higher than avalanche, you would need a few 100% increase of mastery to see it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    there will be a point where avalanche will be better than landslide since shaman attacks are based off a % of AP.

So 1000 AP might increase lava lash damage by 500 and mastery increases that by 25%

but avalanche is a set amount of damage which means it scales on 100% of itself which means you increase avalanche base damage by 25% and in comparison to lava lash you are increasing 50% by 25% which is less.

Though lava lash base damage is so much higher than avalanche, you would need a few 100% increase of mastery to see it happen.
    It's like 18k mastery rating to get avalanche over landslide. Avalanche is fine for leveling etc but once you have a purple put landslide on it.