lag spike issues

recently, my computer has been having major fps problems at the most random times. ill be playing wow normally with about 60 fps, and then suddenly it will drop to about 10, and in a few minutes it will instantly be back up to 60. This is happening in minecraft as well. Can anyone think of a solution? Thanks

P.S i know nothing about computers, but my friend said it may have to do with my processor?
    most likely drunk and posting

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    First thing I would recommend is dusting out the computer. Make sure all fans are clear of dust bunnies. After that you will want to run a drive cleaner program like cCleaner. Next up move onto downloading and updating the video card driver, you will need to know your video card make and model for this.

If that doesn't work post here again for more advice.

im not sure how to open my computer to be honest, i wiped all the dust off of the intakes though, and i have done all of the other things and so far i have the same problem

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    To open the computer there should be two screws on the back side panels, remove the screws with a philips head screw driver. At that point it is wide open for you to dust it out.

Was there any Windows updates prior to this issue occurring?

15+ Year Old Account
    Could be quite a few things, namely overheating, which is why the dust cleaning is recommended from the inside of the case.

i got it open, cleared the little dust there was there. i guess ill just send it in for servicing, ive tried pretty much everything else