[Help] AVG & Windows Installer

So. Just reformatted my computer, re-installed Windows 7, and now, for some reason, AVG won't install. It extracts and all, but when it comes to Windows Installer to do its part, it just won't go any further. On the processes, msiexec.exe has a fixed memory usage of ~2,260K, and it doesn't go anywhere.

Note: Once, right after reformatting, I was in the middle of the installation when I had to close it and reboot the computer (don't ask why). Since then, the installation has never gone past the AVG extraction.

I've tried using CCleaner to clean registry and whatnot, tried Revo Uninstaller, but nothing picks up anything related to avg, so I started thinking it was a problem with the Windows Installer. Except that it works for everything else, and it opens when I tell it to.

What do?
    - wyrd bið ful aræd -

I know many that couldn't when they should because they didn't want when they could.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jotad4 View Post
    So. Just reformatted my computer, re-installed Windows 7, and now, for some reason, AVG won't install. It extracts and all, but when it comes to Windows Installer to do its part, it just won't go any further. On the processes, msiexec.exe has a fixed memory usage of ~2,260K, and it doesn't go anywhere.

Note: Once, right after reformatting, I was in the middle of the installation when I had to close it and reboot the computer (don't ask why). Since then, the installation has never gone past the AVG extraction.

I've tried using CCleaner to clean registry and whatnot, tried Revo Uninstaller, but nothing picks up anything related to avg, so I started thinking it was a problem with the Windows Installer. Except that it works for everything else, and it opens when I tell it to.

What do?
    Seems like there's something glitching out the install due to you exiting during it. Honestly, unsure how to proceed past using registry cleaners, short of manually searching and deleting files attached to avg.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Run the AVG removal tool. You can download it from the AVG website or do a google search for it

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Run the AVG removal tool. You can download it from the AVG website or do a google search for it
    This worked perfectly. Thanks.
    - wyrd bið ful aræd -

I know many that couldn't when they should because they didn't want when they could.