Tab target on Rag

Anyone having problems when trying to tab target to Rag? As a H pally, usually using the hammer automatically targets the first guy in front of you. However that doesn't seem to work either. Anyone else having this issue?

Don't know if it was using tab or something, but i can confirm i've got some issues yesterday with targeting him at ragnaros. Probably he was too far to target by tab ...

Stupidly, even though Ragnaros is massive and has a giant hitbox, it can be hard to target him, just got to deal with it and use focus or a bossmod that has the bar. I think WoW's UI has a bar on the right as well?

I have this same issue as well also I am an Hpally. I have this problem when we go to do suns and I HW 2 of them and then target one and HoJ another then I try to tab to rag once they are all down to throw judges back on him but can't target him it is pretty stupid how big he is and we can't even tab target him lol. Anyways like Mudkiper said above just make a target macro "/target ragnaros" bind it mine is S1 and then its all good

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Stupidly, even though Ragnaros is massive and has a giant hitbox, it can be hard to target him, just got to deal with it and use focus or a bossmod that has the bar. I think WoW's UI has a bar on the right as well?
    Tryed standing closer to him and tabbing ?, or pluggin in your mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Tryed standing closer to him and tabbing ?, or pluggin in your mouse.
    This, you could just hover your mouse over him. He is only tall as a skyscraper.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    This, you could just hover your mouse over him. He is only tall as a skyscraper.
    This doesn't work if there's an elemental in front of him. It targets the elemental instead. It's just on that fight I have the same issue. I just click on my boss frame to target him now, instead of tabbing or trying to click on his model.

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    This doesn't work if there's an elemental in front of him. It targets the elemental instead. It's just on that fight I have the same issue. I just click on my boss frame to target him now, instead of tabbing or trying to click on his model.
    Move the mouse pointer away from the elemental and onto Ragnaros instead?
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

You can literally click anywhere in the front half of the room and end up targeting Rag...
    Eternos - Warlock - Emerald Dream US

I know there are other ways to target Rag. I was just wondering about the tab target option and being able to target by simply facing him and using the hammer. As all pally's are aware, the hammer auto targets anyone directly in front of the pally....yet it doesn't work on Rag (at least I haven't gotten it to work).

10+ Year Old Account
    Ran into the same prob last night....of course its easily fixable by just hovering and clicking on him but thats not what OP was saying...after seeds popped and everyone stacked I was the tank that was not tanking rag at the time and so I was cleaving and revenging my little heart out and I saw my burning debuff fall off but when I went to tab target to him to taunt off the other tank it wouldnt target him. Like I said earlier...easily fixable by just hovering and clicking but still frustrating that hes so large and Tab Target wouldnt work.

At least its not 2 months ago when Tab Target was completely broke....
    IBroughtGuns ~ Night Elf Warrior
    Specializing in Protection Services
    Dabbling in Smashing Faces
    Proudly Serving Alliance Since 2007
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/haomarush/Ibroughtguns/advanced[/URL][/url]
    Addiction Guild - http://addiction-haomarush.wowstead.com/

Rag doesn't cooperate nicely with tab target. I've had to make a couple of specific target switch macros just for the fight for the sake of convenience. Stick a /tar Ragnaros in there for your hammer and whip the macro'd ability out for just that fight, should do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Rag doesn't cooperate nicely with tab target. I've had to make a couple of specific target switch macros just for the fight for the sake of convenience. Stick a /tar Ragnaros in there for your hammer and whip the macro'd ability out for just that fight, should do the job.
    Great suggestion, thank you.

i have issues with tab-targetting raggy as well ( prot warr), i have to select it with my mouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.