Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by user18 View Post
    no. its you who suck.

on fight like beth, where you have a lot of multidoting, mastery gives you more dps than haste.
    your dots gain 1.63% dps per point of mastery and only 1% per point of haste.

and, by the way, demon can do more damage on spinners than affliction.

Keep it civil ~Prozac
    The issue is that adds die before dots get their full ticks off.
    I'd rather have a DoT hit 5% less hard but tick twice instead of 5% harder and tick once.

If your dots are ticking their full duration on spinners your raid is doing it wrong.
    Eternos - Warlock - Emerald Dream US

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seph696 View Post
    The best way more or less is to sim your character, period.
    I for instance go for heavy mastery which for my ilvl (361) and i easily pull over 25k in zandalari hc's and i dont even got chalise yet.
    The build has insane burst yes, but you must keep in mind that all the procs and cd's, know when to pop meta without the chalise (yes it may be necessary in some cases).
    Its not an easy build to play cause it has a lot peaks and valleys and its not forgiving if you make an error.
    That been said do not hurry to judge your performances based on a few examples cause fight to fight things change.
    Demo as it is atm needs dedication to perform and thats what draws me back to the spec again.
    Not to break you down but I reach 50k+ in my affliction gear with demospec in zandalaris because the fights are way to short to get a proper number on it.
    25k in a heroic is nothing impressive since most fights don't last longer then 1 minute.

OT:
    You say Mastery sucks for Demonology because it isn't good for Affliction... You realize how silly that sounds, right? That's like saying a Boomkin shouldn't stack Intellect because it doesn't help them when they switch to Feral...
    Don't think I could have said it better. Speces are independant and require different gear. You simply cannot call a stat bad because it is bad for another spec.

Now about your little problem.
    Either stay demonology and learn how to effectively kill the spinners or reforge all to haste and stay affliction.
    You can also try to get 2 different sets but since it aint that easy, I'll give you some help on how speces and gear work together.

Affliction with affliction gear: good
    Affliction with demonology gear: bad
    Demonology with affliction gear: decent
    Demonology with demonology gear: good

lol - some toons are just figuring out that dual speccing sucks in cata. What we need is mobile reforger just like the mailbox.

Oh no we have to put together an offkit like most other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tritone496 View Post
    lol - some toons are just figuring out that dual speccing sucks in cata. What we need is mobile reforger just like the mailbox.
    I am secretly hoping they add in a mobile reforge with an upgrade for jeeves.

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    butterzz if you speak about bosses and can do 50k well done for you i cant and i dont speak about the highest peak but about median.
    If you talk about thrash thats a different story cause really any demo lock within meta can maybe pull oooooover 100k on some trash easy.

I was talking what can i pull on a boss with Meta poped once and no DG summoned....the minimum i can do is over 25k.
    And you dont break anything lol...

Anyway back on topic i agree with:

"Affliction with affliction gear: good
    Affliction with demonology gear: bad
    Demonology with affliction gear: decent
    Demonology with demonology gear: good"

And with:

"You say Mastery sucks for Demonology because it isn't good for Affliction... You realize how silly that sounds, right? That's like saying a Boomkin shouldn't stack Intellect because it doesn't help them when they switch to Feral..."

As i said in the first posts....i dont see a reason complain about it.....

that's similar to problems with my elemental/restoration shammy gear.

with restoration gear, 367 i do 4-5k less dps than my 360 elemental gear with good reforges.

Deleted
    1 addon: Reforgelite

Quote Originally Posted by Hankenji View Post
    The issue is that adds die before dots get their full ticks off.
    I'd rather have a DoT hit 5% less hard but tick twice instead of 5% harder and tick once.
    if you trade 3% mastery for 100% haste it would be exactly as you say.
    however, if you trade 3% mastery for 3% haste, your dots will tick 5% weaker, and 3% faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Hankenji View Post
    If your dots are ticking their full duration on spinners your raid is doing it wrong.
    whether dots are ticking full duration or not, relative weights of mastery and haste do not change.

i play ms affliction with fights like ryo and rag demo with my affliction gear/reforges/gems. works out fine for me. i like the ability to just switch specs and not hold up my raid. for heroic rag attempts tho i will go full mastery demo as thats still a dps race on some phases.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    Wanted to ask something about mastery, I have 30,1% haste raid buffed and I am hit capped, should I go for mastery now or keep favoring haste or crit?

Haste is still your go to stat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Haste is still your go to stat
    Thanks Penguin

Edit
    I have, like all, reforged the Drakmoon card volcano to haste, Meaning i would lose haste if i repkace it,I shouldnt replace it with Heroic Necromatic Focus? This week I will be able to get it and I am wondering if the heroic form of NF is better than the card.
    Last edited by mmoce15625bea6; 2011-09-24 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arathoss View Post
    Thanks Penguin

Edit
    I have, like all, reforged the Drakmoon card volcano to haste, Meaning i would lose haste if i repkace it,I shouldnt replace it with Heroic Necromatic Focus? This week I will be able to get it and I am wondering if the heroic form of NF is better than the card.
    HNF isn't better than DMC, no