Deleted

[Movies] Dragon Age - hits JAPANESE theaters in 2012

My Jaw dropped when a friend of mine sent me this link: http://www.dragonagemovie.jp/

I was utterly terrified, when i finished watching the trailer. Looks like Dragon Age 2 won't be the worst thing happening to the Dragon Age franchise.(my opninion)

Feel free to discuss the Movie.

At this point i hope this is one giant prank by Bioware.

Update:

apparently this movie will be an Anime. Yes, an Anime; called "Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker."
    Announced all the way back in june 2010.
    Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pres...-age-franchise

Even though Funimation is creating the movie, i'm not convinced, that this film is going to be good.
    Last edited by mmocc5db4f7881; 2011-09-23 at 12:53 PM.

O_o?

reminds me of the Final Fantasy Advent Children

but not in a good way

not sure if its real, but good find

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Me View Post
    you think DA2 was bad ?(
    I would like to argue bout it, if you will.
    PM me if you want, but i won't argue in this thread about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't tell anything from a teaser trailer, you got a total of 7 seconds of action. Plus if the fighting is better than in the video games I'd rather watch the shitty movie, because DA1 nearly put me to sleep. I was just thankful I borrowed the game and didn't waste my own money.
    WoW Hunter WarriorPaladin Death Knight
    D3 Crusader
    Gw2 Lvl 80 Dragon Hunter, Lvl 80 Warrior, Lvl 80 Revenant
    Bnet GrapeSoda#1671
    Gw2 GrapeSoda.5980
    Hit me up, let's play.

Deleted
    Knowing the nature of Anime and the characters in said genre, i highly doubt, that Dragon Age japan is able to capture the feel of the dragon Age universe.
    What i saw in the trailer was pretty much what i feared: Ninja samurai grey wardens fighting evil monsters. There will probably be pointless dialogues, characters with a dark past, spiky hair, painted fingernails and one Sasuke guy. Every manga/Anime has Sasuke in them.

You can't tell anything from a teaser trailer, you got a total of 7 seconds of action. Plus if the fighting is better than in the video games I'd rather watch the shitty movie, because DA1 nearly put me to sleep. I was just thankful I borrowed the game and didn't waste my own money.
    Dragon Age was never about combat, but that is not the topic of this thread. Tastes are different, i guess.

I never got into the Dragon Age games, though the art style looks very interesting I might just give this a chance. Though I have no idea what happens in the stories.

if its as dark as BERSERK it might get the dragon age feeling right but probably not. who wrote the story and who is directing? the small bit about the story is in japanese so dunno what the anime will be dealing with.

when in the timeline is the anime placed?

maybe the anime will show whats so dragon about the dragonage
    Last edited by obc; 2011-09-23 at 03:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It has potential. It's a good universe for it.

I would love to see the whole mages vs everyone else conflict :P Maybe it's me being evil but I love fantasy worlds where mages are looked down upon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks fan made.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    It has potential. It's a good universe for it.

I would love to see the whole mages vs everyone else conflict :P Maybe it's me being evil but I love fantasy worlds where mages are looked down upon.
    For some reason it bothered me when they did that, I've always prided myself in being evil in whatever game i could if there was the option for it. But in that game they frowned upon mages and my main was a mage in the previous and im sitting here like...can't i just kill you all instead? >.>.

It's not going to be anything like the games.

Although a lot of people didn't like DA2, there's no denying that it was a Dragon Age story. This doesn't look like that at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lol'd when they showed that dude after the "2012" scene and to pulse in the background was in sync with him blinking. That sure was an epic scene worthy of a place at the start of a trailer /sarcasm.