Poll: should they rerelease warcrafts 1 & 2 and the expansions as downloadable games?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Rerelease warcraft 1 & 2?

Alright title basically says it all, my first blizzard game was world of warcraft. I enjoyed the gmaeplay the world the characters the lore everything, so i went to my local game store to find copies of the warcraft games, and to my dissmay they only had the warcraft 3 battle chest which sells for about $20.00 I immediately bought it though when i brought it home I hesitated to play, i decided to play warcrafts 1 & 2 along with the expansions first so i checked online and it kinda shocked me a copy of warcraft 1 sells for around 50 bucks the price of a new game for one that came out in 1994! and warcraft 2 was no different, sure i wanted to play them bad, but not THAT bad. so my question to you is should blizzard rerelease the warcrafts and expasions as downloadable games? the anniversary for warcraft 1 is coming up in 2014, itll introduce the RTS series to those who have never played it (like me) and as nastalgia for those who have played it, does this seem like a good venture to some of you or should i just buck up and spend the 100 dollars for all the other warcraft games?

You do realise that mmo-champion.com is not Blizzard, right? While I'm sure some of them ready this forum sometimes, you will probably have better response posting this request in the official battle.net forums.

If they updated the engine's for the games (WCI at least) then I'd definitely pick them up. I play through WC2 every so often, cause it really is just an awesome game. WCI I normally try to play through, but don't get past the first couple of levels because it's just way too slow of a pace compared to today's games.

ive seen plenty of non wow topics general discusion is good for almost anything blizzard dude, besides battle.net is blocked at the school XD

Deleted
    That's what the game editors are for, for the fans to do those things.

I've got them both on disk, so I don't need to buy them, but I don't see why not...

Moved to the Video Games forum.

I remember in University one of my guys on my floor had a CD with lots of hacked games on it including Warcraft 1. When I went to play it the computer was too fast for the game which made it unplayable.

I enjoyed playing Warcraft 3 again after finishing WOW just to see the characters, locations and storylines. I would love to play Warcraft 1 and 2 for the same reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I've got them both on disk, so I don't need to buy them, but I don't see why not...
    So do i, but neither of them like Windows 7.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khargillian View Post
    They work fine on Windows Vista

Different publisher back then, think that's the issue.

Blizzard should release all of their old games as digital download.

Also, both games are considered abandonware, so are in a grey area of copyright.

Have to use a DOS emulator to run them

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it'd be a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Khargillian View Post
    XP Mode for the win...