Monitor Calibration

Hey ya'll. Wondering if anyone knows much about Monitor Calibration Software. I recently purchased a 23" Acer Monitor (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ords%29&Page=1) and it has a slight blue tint. It's really not noticable unless I compare it with my second, older monitor, but it's definitely there. I saw someone online talk about adjusting reds and greens of the monitor online, but that didn't help at all.

Is there are free, or...not free...software that's readily available for calibration purposes? I feel as though if I don't do something about it, [nothing will happen][my eyes will see everything as slightly blue]. Thanks in advance!

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So if you notice it only when you have the second monitor, are you sure it's not a problem with the old monitor being maybe a 'warm' setting rather than a 'cool' setting on your acer monitor?

Also, there are plenty of calibration things for free on the internet, you can't really program using software to look a different way since it's more visual than technical.

If you have them set the same settings on the two monitors however, I would suggest using something like the nvidia control panel or Catalyst Control center to fine tune it a bit better.
    Last edited by Sephiracle; 2011-09-23 at 02:51 PM.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    So if you notice it only when you have the second monitor, are you sure it's not a problem with the old monitor being maybe a 'warm' setting rather than a 'cool' setting on your acer monitor?

Also, there are plenty of calibration things for free on the internet, you can't really program using software to look a different way since it's more visual than technical.

If you have them set the same settings on the two monitors however, I would suggest using something like the nvidia control panel or Catalyst Control center to fine tune it a bit better.
    Well it's a known issue, stated on Newegg and other sites that it has a slight "blue tint". The other monitor is whiter, if less crisp, but there is definitely a difference with the whites. The Acer was preset to warm, and I tried to configure it on user, but couldn't really get the colors to work. A fix on the internet talked about changing G/B to ~28/29, but that just made it look red, lol. I'll have to try to mess with NVIDIA's software again then; when I was trying to change them in the NVIDIA software, it wasn't doing anything (don't know why).

What was your older monitor? I ask because that one you listed uses a TN panel, and they tend to be slightly tinted blue, just by nature of what they are. Not REALLY blue, but still there.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    What was your older monitor? I ask because that one you listed uses a TN panel, and they tend to be slightly tinted blue, just by nature of what they are. Not REALLY blue, but still there.
    I beleive it is an older Acer...I don't know model or specifics right now as I'm at work >_<. Will get back to you. Just curious if tweaking it is worth it. If that panel is there, is it just not worth it? In general I don't notice it until I'm actually looking for it. I was playing DA2 last night and didn't even think to compare (not using Eyefinity or anything so it's just the game on one monitor). It's not a huge deal, just trying to see if there IS a fix. If not, it's perfectly fine, as it's a great monitor! Will get second monitor specs later (if I remember, I'm bugging out from tiredness right now @work -_-).

Deleted
    Try use some monitor calibration tool if ya have chance... like spyder3 or 2, Color wich you see from the screen changes even rooms where you using that... lighting, room color... etc..