Poll: Is Diablo III's delay until 2012 for "releasing when it's ready" or to "play chicken&

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Item database showed they are just not ready. I have no idea if there is really some marketing behind it..but well, it seems that Diablo 3 needs few more months.

I don't think other games will effect D3 very much, since it's b2p. I think there's a lot of people that will end up buying both, or all (swtor, gw3, and d3) since they'd only have to worry about 1 sub.

I pretty much expected a 2012 release anyway, with how late the beta started.

10+ Year Old Account
    IT seems more likely that they are postponing D3 for GW2's release date, as of now, didnt ToR say it was launching in October or a bit later this year? More than likely they are going to try and hold 4.3 for about the same time until ToR ships, but because D3's launch date was never confirmed, they can withhold the product until GW2 makes its debut, keeping the interests of their playerbase.

but at this point in time, I hardly even care for blizzard anymore, they seem to have lost some enthusiasm and creativity in their games as of late, and I think its time i seek my entertainment from a fresh source.

Hope GW2 takes over as my Main MMO when it hits!
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

delayed for marketing reasons
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Man View Post
    I think they messed up bad on balance and want to fix it, IMO
    You do need to balance a game that has RMT built into it.

This is why PvP is not going to be developed on, exactly what they said. You cant have RMT and PvP ladder / rewards, only one or the other.

Same reason i'm not buying it. I cant resist the urge to buy shit in games when it saves so much time. And where there is heavy RMT, games get old fast, presteige of items gained is non-exsistant as well.

No matter when D3 drops in, I will STILL buy SW:TOR without doubt. If they land ~same time I will go for SW:TOR anyways, and I'm sure a lot of people is in the same boat. So trying to collide with their release date is not win/win situation.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly Blizz is probably sitting back laughing about SWTOR, the game is not fun and I doubt it will even maintain Rift numbers for very long. At this point GW2 is looking like WoW's only real competition in the MMO market, but we will see how that goes when it gets closer.

I dunno, Blizz has delayed the release of games in the past when they haven't even been around the same release date as other games that would have been competition. That's not to say that part of the reason isn't to compete though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    Honestly Blizz is probably sitting back laughing about SWTOR, the game is not fun and I doubt it will even maintain Rift numbers for very long. At this point GW2 is looking like WoW's only real competition in the MMO market, but we will see how that goes when it gets closer.
    I highly doubt that, seeing as Blizzard actually acknowledged and talked good things about TOR and the success they will have. I don't recall them ever doing that in the past for another game. Not to mention a very high percentage of people that have played TOR have high praises for it.

But, opinions are opinions.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

i`d get both, diablo III doesn`t have a monthly fee, so I could buy that game like i`d buy any other game, and play ToR if I wanted to, so... yeah?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    They are very different games. I see no reason for Blizzard to postpone Diablo because of ToR. Sounds dumb as hell.
    also with blizzard delaying they run into the possibility of losing potential buyers because some people might rather get ToR instead, vice versa of course,

but both companies would lose buyers because some people bought the other game, releasing at separate times means everyone who wants buys D3, then a few months down the road some people may buy ToR.

ehh, would only effect the average joe who does not have to much cash to spend.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard isn't the type of company to postpone a game just because of the competition. SW:TOR's possible delay may have factored in a bit, but I think it is much more likely due to them wanting extra time to polish the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    They have always released games when they are ready, and that's why all their games are pretty great. I stand by any decision they make for this.
    Pretty much.

I mean delaying for marketing reasons? because releasing games AFTER christmas is the prime time to do it >_>

i dont think they intend for d3 to compete with tor or gw2, but i dont know it might still steal players or vice versa. but i dont think that the real money AH sits well with a lot of players and therefore i think d3 is going to flop. i dont plan on playing it but not for the real money ah reason, they outright stated that there would not be runeword type gear and i thought that thats what made the awesome barter economy that i loved so much in d2 so i dont intend on playing

Because clearly an ACTION RPG = MMORPG. Clearly they're the same type of game with the same type of player base. OH WAIT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by doesnotcare View Post
    they outright stated that there would not be runeword type gear and i thought that thats what made the awesome barter economy that i loved so much in d2 so i dont intend on playing
    I think that's a good thing. Everybody teleporting around is just stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    It's kinda irrevelent how much time is spent on each game. What I meant is that by being very different games, they have different kind of fan base. One fan group plays Diablo 3, the other one plays ToR.
    That's wrong. First of all these games are designed to devour your free time the most effective way possible. There are psychological advisors for all these games making sure they are as addicting as humanly possibly.
    Most gaming enthusiast have a really broad taste in games, however Diablo 3 is especially similar to loot based mmos since they share the players biggest incentive to throw countless hours of your life into these games - hunting items to empower a virtual avatar that you are grooming bigger and better and stronger to tackle new challenges with friends who are driven by the same craving.

Most people I know waiting for ToR to be finally released are absolutely anxious to get their hands on D3 too.

im pretty sure blizz would skip the cristmass rush just to f**k ToR up with a game what plays in a totaly different league... oh wait

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    Because clearly an ACTION RPG = MMORPG. Clearly they're the same type of game with the same type of player base. OH WAIT.
    Isn't it ironic how easily attempting irony often turns out to actually be stating the truth?

Deleted
    After hearing SWTOR is being released 22/11 in the EU, can i change my vote to playing chicken? It sounds as if both companies have moles operating undercover.