Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
  1. #201
    Thank you for the guide! made the change from assass to sub and was hoping for something like this didn't want to walk in blind glyph wise :P!

  2. #202
    So I was looking at the logs of the people that ranked with sub on hm Ultraxion, and it seems like some of them are using find weakness and others just ignore it (basing this claim on the fact that those who used dance must have used it just to apply find weakness as there is no other reason to use it).

    So my question is, if you can't ambush, is find weakness a dps gain? There any math on this or are people just going with ever way they are leaning? Or am I crazy and you won't get a fw if the mob was immune?

  3. #203
    You can't apply Find Weakness without Shadowstepping on Ultraxion (and most likely dying as a result). We use Shadow Dance for Premed.

    EDIT: Find Weakness is always a gain though.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathal View Post
    You can't apply Find Weakness without Shadowstepping on Ultraxion (and most likely dying as a result). We use Shadow Dance for Premed.

    EDIT: Find Weakness is always a gain though.
    Ah, thought you might be able to get it with a cheap shot. Never tried it on a stun immune mob though. Anyway, I feel dumb, forgot about premed.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Ah, thought you might be able to get it with a cheap shot. Never tried it on a stun immune mob though. Anyway, I feel dumb, forgot about premed.
    In fact you can apply it on Ultraxion: Shadowstep, Ambush, Parachute cloak, Life Grip. But well, pretty tricky.

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    In fact you can apply it on Ultraxion: Shadowstep, Ambush, Legendary daggers use, Life Grip. But well, pretty tricky.
    fixed for you although not tested with cheap shot -> has anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    What the fuck did you just say.

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    fixed for you although not tested with cheap shot -> has anyone?
    It doesn't if the target is immune to CS, eventhough some of us would like to, for PvE purposes of course.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    It doesn't if the target is immune to CS, eventhough some of us would like to, for PvE purposes of course.
    shame, although i recon to many would attampt to use a "premed/step/cheap" resulting in their death from falling off it it did just because thats their macro for it
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    What the fuck did you just say.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    shame, although i recon to many would attampt to use a "premed/step/cheap" resulting in their death from falling off it it did just because thats their macro for it
    Macro that automatically do things are always pretty bad if they are not done correctly. If you have to make such a macro, be sure to have it do exactly what you want when you want, else you'd end up with pretty bad results.

    Some of my macros are looking like this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    /cast [mod:shift,nostance:0/3]Shadowstep
    /cast [stance:1/2][stance:3,mod:shift]Sap
    /cast [stance:0,mod:shift,@focus][stance:0][stance:3]Blind
    /cast [stance:1]Pickpocket
    of course it takes sometime to set up, but once it's done, you can get some nice stuff

  10. #210
    Question: lately I find myself losing track of the Hemo debuff (glyph one) on bosses (especially LFR) - any idea what this is?
    With losing track of I mean that it disappears from boss' debuff list

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Girei View Post
    Question: lately I find myself losing track of the Hemo debuff (glyph one) on bosses (especially LFR) - any idea what this is?
    With losing track of I mean that it disappears from boss' debuff list
    I dunno what frames you are using, but most of them limit the number of debuffs it shows. Usually addons know to prioritize your own debuffs, but either get new boss frames or another addon to track it. Honestly, I find looking at the debuffs on the boss frame one of the absolute worse ways to track something important, I would just get an addon specifically for that.

  12. #212
    /agree Sessh.

    Running off the default frames, though, I've seen some odd occurrences where the glyph ceases to show on a target if someone overrides the base hemo debuff with another +bleed damage debuff. The dot's still ticking, but the dot's been lost in the gui. Best solution: don't use the default UI for debuffs, especially since there's no way to move them around or organize them differently. Any number of addons can make tracking the debuffs you want to watch actively easier to keep track of.

  13. #213
    I had intended to borrow this template to update a sub PvE guide for 5.0+, but until something changes to make PvE subtlety more compelling and/or useful on the beta, I'm going to resign that intention, in case anyone else wanted a stab at it.

    I've seen Synex show up here on occasion, but as the OP reads, he's no longer updating, and from a PM some time back: "If it so happens that my guide becomes out of date and un-stickied, then feel free to take up the reins, so to speak. I don't mind you taking the design of the guide if you do create your own. I'm in no place so say no anyway, so if you do a good job and the mods support the guide then I hope all's a success!" -- consider it open game.
    Last edited by Kael; 2012-05-03 at 09:13 AM.

  14. #214
    Fight to the death!

    I saw they made Recuperate redundant. Can't say I didn't see it coming, but it's still a shame that they kill the fun-factor that made me play Sub in the first place by making it easier. I predict it will end up being spammier than Combat, but who knows. Man I don't even know why I'm here but hi.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •