Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Glyph of Cheap Shot, 9 sec stun?

With the new rogue glyph (unable to post links yet, check frontpage or wowdb.com/spells/56801-glyph-of-cheap-shot#15650-15657) is it possible to open with a 9 sec stun?
    Seems a bit OP to me

Lol........

Mod Edit: User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by Kelticfox; 2012-05-03 at 07:49 PM.

Sounds rather OP, unless that PvP resilience stat is amazingly great to reduce damage taken and possibly kills the fun of PvP :P

Think it's some kind of tooltip bug or they changes the way Cheap Shot works.

Guess ghostcrawler mains a rogue now. Time for his mage to sit on the alt list.
    Last edited by Legion; 2012-05-01 at 04:18 PM. Reason: to be taken with a grain of salt

Wow...did it really not occur to you that this is a beta or datamining error???
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

Wow...did it really not occur to you thatI hope this is a beta or datamining error???
    Fixed that for you
    The great Friedrich Nietzsche once said, Shit happens deal with it.

The cheap shot glyph on beta reduces energy cost by 50%. Probably a datamining error.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    The cheap shot glyph on beta reduces energy cost by 50%. Probably a datamining error.
    Or maybe a build that hasn't yet reached the beta servers ?
    The login screen display "Build 15650", and the datamined build seems to be 15657.

I would not put it past blizzard for them to do this even though it's obvious it's completely broken. Hopefully it is a datamining error for the future build because even putting this version of the glyph in as a TEST is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Skimme View Post
    With the new rogue glyph (unable to post links yet, check frontpage or wowdb.com/spells/56801-glyph-of-cheap-shot#15650-15657) is it possible to open with a 9 sec stun?
    Seems a bit OP to me
    I knew this would get a lot of QQ as soon as I saw it.

Wow...if other clesses are gonna have such long CC (althou all current CC's are waaaay to long for me, CC shall last max 2-3 seconds)...well, wow's pvp is over for me. Moar QQ U say? It deserves it. Too long CC/ too much cc = pvp is broken.
    Please tell us it was an error

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Wow...if other clesses are gonna have such long CC (althou all current CC's are waaaay to long for me, CC shall last max 2-3 seconds)...well, wow's pvp is over for me. Moar QQ U say? It deserves it. Too long CC/ too much cc = pvp is broken.
    Please tell us it was an error
    Priest / Warlock fear says hello.

AOE fear for 8 seconds = fine
    9 second single target stun = OMG SO UNBALANCED!

Please. That is absurd.

I skipped fear cose I play undead :P Got macro for it. So no, thats not absurd. Think about it.

While long stuns are not entirely unprecedented (pvp cc is capped at 8 seconds regardless btw) from rogues, with essentially a 9 second stun on live right now (glyphed revealing strike five point kidney shot), I was getting excited about the synergy that the 20 second cheapshot has with a variety of other things (such as shadowdance, and that thing that keeps you stealthed and lets you do another opener). Obviously, a 9 second stun is far superior, but... I don't know if I would be ok with such a thing.

I suspect that the actual truth is something like: now stuns NPCs for 9 seconds, so instead of being great in pvp it has no use there at all. But even for use on NPCs, a 9 second stun seems shockingly long.

If this datamine is legit at all, I don't really understand what's going on. I was really happy with the 20 energy CS.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    I skipped fear cose I play undead :P Got macro for it. So no, thats not absurd. Think about it.
    I am thinking about it. And I don't really see any major difference if I'm feared for 8 seconds or stunned for 8 seconds (See post above this.) Especially since fear effects multiple targets, I don't see how this is unbalanced in comparison.

I can dispel fear, get fearless buff, use undead racial to get out of the fear.
    Stun? U can only use a trinket Which I never wear cose I find other trinkets better. Give every class ability to get out of stun/blind etc - then it will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    I am thinking about it. And I don't really see any major difference if I'm feared for 8 seconds or stunned for 8 seconds (See post above this.) Especially since fear effects multiple targets, I don't see how this is unbalanced in comparison.
    You can go from 100% -> 0% in (such) a stun - you can't in a fear.

Stun doesn't break when you get damaged. Stun can't be cleansed. Seems a pretty major difference to me.

If you're stunned for 9 seconds...you're dead.

Fear is not the case.

Not all forms of cc are treated equal. They're all different. CCA=/=CCB

If you don't understand how a fear that can be dispelled and breaks on damage is no where near a single target stun that has no cd (requires stealth) and cannot be dispelled and won't break on damage for those 9 seconds, then I must assume you are trolling, because your previous posts don't suggest you're that gullible.

Anyway, a 9 second stun would never go live, it's either a data mining or a bad joke. Any stun over 6 seconds would just be absurd.
    Last edited by Eskobar; 2012-05-01 at 05:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevra View Post
    It's a #$^&*@ fantasy game. You're a blue space goat riding around on flying serpents killing dragons the size of continents. And you're wondering why a gryphon doesn't look like an eagle?