Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obscurede View Post
    Howling Blast (HB) procs on Rime. Necrotic Strike + HB deals more damage to aoe and refreshes Frost fever. Obliterate consumes more rune and does 75% damage lesser than a necrotic + HB. Now, think a little more.
    Yea, Howling Blast procs on an ability you should only ever use on a low armour and low health player... And even so, it's so much worse than just using NS, I think this season i've only ever used Obliterate once or twice, and that was just for humiliation purposes on a low Resi mage that was running away. Free 40k obli crit ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Ieft View Post
    Bit hypocritical no? Can you please not clutter up this thread with stuff like "please dont clutter up this thread." If you're not adding new information or insight, please don't post.

The guy who I quoted apparently hadn't read it so I was informing him. Also if someone who wasn't experienced with a death knight is reading this thread and looks over his post after reading the rest, it could create uncertainty as to how to spec / play and they could end up listening to the incorrect information.
    Perhaps I came across a bit harsh. If so, I apologize. I was simply asking that rather than, popping into the thread and saying, 'Do this,' I'd appreciate if you'd explain the reasoning to the poster you were replying to. I want everyone to share their knowledge here - not provide FROST FOR DUMMIES. People don't learn from being spoonfed answers; they learn (and consequently make better future decisions) when they know the ins and outs.

What you said wasn't wrong by any stretch; however, it had already been said in the guide and you didn't explain it any further. If the poster hadn't read it, maybe refer him to the first post.

Anyway, yes, less clutter. Continue!

For both specs you've said you either "Never" or "Rarely" use Obliterate, my question, then, is why do you have the Oblit Glyph for the first? I figure this is just an oversight, and you'd use IT for both, but if it's not, why Oblit?

I've recently respecced to a pure pvp spec, since I've decided to pvp more than pve (Any pve I do will either be tanking, my main spec, or dps in pvp gear when I'm feeling lazy)

I don't even have Obliterate on my bars anymore, and I'm all the better for it.

(As for the Glyph, yeah Icy Touch instead of Obliterate. With the disease damage increase talent in Unholy and Frost's mastery, Icy Touch can do significant damage.)

Just wondering, is it better to stay in unholy pres for the movement or stay in frost pres for the dmg and then get the boot chant. Also if we go in unholy is it worth it to drop points from annihilation and put it in imp frost pres?
    Ty