Videos having serious issue

You can see the crap here: http://i7.aijaa.com/b/00564/8749523.jpg

Ok, so that it looks like my GPU could be broken. But I get the issue with all video clips, no matter if it's from youtube or just play .wmv file. Even weirder is, windows media player while maximized doesn't have this issue. And those artefact boxes scale with the size of the clip.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried updating your video card driver? Tried updating your Adobe Flash and removing hardware acceleration?

ATI card?
    i had some issues with their drivers in IE and some games

10+ Year Old Account
    i know that having video' files at bad resolutions will cause tearing in the clip, and maximizing can fix that issue, so maybe you have set your monitor to a bad resolution? This is something i have never experienced (bad resolution causing tearing), but i have heard about it. Give that a shot, switch the resolution and see what happans, wont take long, and cant hurt.

Aaaaaah fuck my life.

Tried everything I can think off, removed/reinstalled drivers, most of the softwares.. Starting to get pissed off. Going to try windows repair laters.

My card is HD 6870 and my monitor is running it's native (1920x1200)
    Last edited by Thes; 2011-09-24 at 09:25 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Aaaaaah fuck my life.

Tried everything I can think off, removed/reinstalled drivers, most of the softwares.. Starting to get pissed off. Going to try windows repair laters.

My card is HD 6870 and my monitor is running it's native (1920x1200)
    Lower the screen resolution to 1920x1080 or 1680x1050 and see if the problem persists.

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Lower the screen resolution to 1920x1080 or 1680x1050 and see if the problem persists.
    Tried, didn't help.

---------- Post added 2011-09-25 at 11:24 AM ----------

There seems to be issue with hardware acceleration after all. Flash works now, and I got 1080p movies to work. But the problem still persists in 720p... fffffffuuuuuu[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by Thes; 2011-09-25 at 02:48 PM.