Koolance EXOS lcs

I am looking for feedback about the Koolance EXOS 2.5 (EX2-1055). I have to build a new liquid cooling system and would like any feedback anyone may have on this system. I just priced out what I would really like to do which is a dual loop all Koolance system and it came up to just over $700. While this price is doable I can do the EXOS and save a couple hundred while leaving room in my case for more upgrades if ever needed. If I were to go with the EXOS it would not be mounted on the top of my case as most would with this system. It would be on a stand next to it to keep proper airflow of the case. I would love to hear some feedback from people with real world experience on the EXOS. But any informed comment ( good or bad ) about it would be appreciated

To try and stop the flaming ahead of time, the reason the dual loop system is so expensive is that I included two pumps, two radiators, a dual 5.25 drive bay dual side reservoir, all the fittings tubing and a new CPU block. I will probably add a NB block at some point as well.

Main components of my system:
    ASUS Rampage III Formula
    Core i7-960
    EVGA GTX 590 hydro copper
    12g DDR 3 Crucial Ballistix Tracer
    OCZ Game Extreme 1010w psu, (yes I know it's old but it works like a champ)
    Cooler Master Haf X

full system can be seen at EVGA Mods Rigs http://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=3343

I know I could do a normal lcs for cheaper with other brands, but I like what Koolance has to offer. I don't have money to burn, but I have no problem paying for something that is worth it.

Last I heard about Koolance external devices like that one was that they overstated the wattages and that they aren't as good as they seem. Plus that thing uses aluminum instead of copper, so you would need to either use aluminum blocks, or copper and an anti corrosive.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

It's rated at 1000w disipation. I'd like to find some real tests on this but I haven't as far as wattage only temp. I understand about the aluminum radiator in the EXOS, the Koolance CPU-370 is nickel plated and the EVGA Hydro copper is chrome plated. It's a question i'm going to call both EVGA and Koolance about on Monday. If it works out the way I hope, there will be no aluminum to bare copper in the system
    Last edited by alzagoth; 2011-09-24 at 01:09 PM.

1000w with the Rad in that thing? Sure if you want temps at or worse than air, go for it.

---------- Post added 2011-09-24 at 01:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by alzagoth View Post
    It's rated at 1000w disipation. I'd like to find some real tests on this but I haven't as far as wattage only temp. I understand about the aluminum radiator in the EXOS, the Koolance CPU-370 is nickel plated and the EVGA Hydro copper is chrome plated. It's a question i'm going to call both EVGA and Koolance about on Monday. If it works out the way I hope, there will be no aluminum to bare copper in the system
    The issue is dissimilar metals, not aluminum and copper alone.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2

Doesn't your own system have dissimilar metals? The thermochill radiators are brass tubes and copper fins, while the EK blocks are nickel

The blocks are copper on the inside. The nickel is on the outside. Copper and Brass are considered similar(considering Brass is mostly copper anyways), Nickel is not, but it's not very far off. Either way the Rad in that thing is aluminum which is much different from either copper or nickel. That and it's rather small. It can dissipate 1000W sure, but not very well, so your temps won't be all that great. Well, unless you only cool a single CPU or GPU with it.

http://www.engineersedge.com/galvanic_capatability.htm <-- Info on Galvanic Corrosion.

Thanks for the info, that's exactly what I want to clarify with the manufacturers is whether it's plating only on the outside or whether the blocks are fully plated. It sounds like then the only problem would be the aluminum in the radiator. In which case that radiator can be changed with a copper one for about $79. At that point it's getting close to the price of the dual loop system anyway.

But the rad is still small. And for a single CPU and single GPU, dual loop isn't needed at all.