Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Dreadlord Miseration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    Posts
    808
    gryphon looks good, wind rider still look like balls

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post
    $10 they are more rewards from Tol Barad.
    Would make sense, since Tol Barad has been pretty deserted recently

  3. #23
    They won't be from Tol Barad. They won't be from the TCG.

    I'm guessing they will be store mounts, a new 4.3 faction rep reward or an achievement reward.

  4. #24

  5. #25
    The Patient paladinofcancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Streets of Orgrimmar
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakEyy View Post
    Only me who think the wyvern is the ugliest flying mount there is? It is cool and all on the FP but when you get one yourself it just feel disappointing. The gryphons looks way better (I play Horde btw)
    By this I mean, the Spectral gryphon looks pretty sweet, but the wyvern looks fugly as usual.
    ^ This. I am a die hard Hordie, but wyverns are straight up buck ass ugly. Basically the only reason I shelled out cash for Winged Guardian, and try to get each of my alts cool rarer flyers. Gryphons and night sabers are the only things the Alliance has I'd ever want.

  6. #26
    Yup, wyverns are hideous. Why couldn't we have gotten the undercity's bats as a mount?

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Does the Korean caption contain any useful information?

  8. #28
    I am Murloc! Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jagged Pass
    Posts
    5,546
    Eh -- i am pretty sick of those mount models.

  9. #29
    Scarab Lord Buckwald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    4,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankennoob View Post
    Does the Korean caption contain any useful information?
    Nothing useful at all.

  10. #30
    Mechagnome Nah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    That's not always true. A webserver can be configured to serve any page whatsoever to any request (minus the portion of the address used by the DNS system to find said webserver). Take Wowpedia for example:

    http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Nordrassil_Cataclysm.jpg

    This page ends in ".jpg" yet is actually an html document about the image.
    Too true, you can't always go by just the extension. The give-away here is the "File:" part, particularly the colon. I'm no web developer, so I don't know. Perhaps it's possible to do something similar sans-colon (or other mark) to fake a legitimate image link?

    Anyway, OT, I agree the gryphon looks way better. I've always been disappointed with the way they chose to animate wyverns on the ground, using a cat skeleton and ~magically~ reducing the wing size to fit instead of finding a way to fold them properly.


  11. #31
    And now it's on the front page Not sure if I like them or not though to be honest, will have to wait and see them in game I guess.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by zhixson View Post
    Everything's goin' spectral!
    When Blizzard finally ran out of mount ideas, they can make everything spectral version.
    Maybe Spectral raptors, Spectral dragons and even Spectral....bike?


    Quote Originally Posted by FreakEyy View Post
    Only me who think the wyvern is the ugliest flying mount there is? It is cool and all on the FP but when you get one yourself it just feel disappointing. The gryphons looks way better (I play Horde btw)
    By this I mean, the Spectral gryphon looks pretty sweet, but the wyvern looks fugly as usual.
    Yeah, it looked nice when flying but hopping at ground motion is quiet weird. And it's some body parts are really need upgrade.



    And Kaesebrezen, thanks for linking it!

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    Too true, you can't always go by just the extension. The give-away here is the "File:" part, particularly the colon. I'm no web developer, so I don't know.
    Nope, the File: part means nothing, it's just part of the URL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    Perhaps it's possible to do something similar sans-colon (or other mark) to fake a legitimate image link?
    A web server can take any request and serve you absolutely whatever it wants. The only way to be sure it's "safe" is to look at the domain, in this case battle.net is completely legit.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankennoob View Post
    Does the Korean caption contain any useful information?
    No, just idle talks.
    Last edited by annoyingmoose; 2011-09-24 at 04:10 PM.

  15. #35
    Mechagnome TarzoEzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The World...of warcarft
    Posts
    704
    Orrrnomonom, That looks Badass.
    20$ that it on the Blizzard Store.
    Hell, i will buy it.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Or a possible TCG / Darkmoon reward.
    next tcg mount is a tallstrider, so no I guess. maybe darkmoon, indeed

  17. #37
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    Posts
    131
    People have been asking for a new 125 / 150 mount achievement and since it's alliance / horde differences, maybe there will be new achievements to reward these like the dragonhawks.

  18. #38
    its like a whole new game

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    That's not always true. A webserver can be configured to serve any page whatsoever to any request (minus the portion of the address used by the DNS system to find said webserver). Take Wowpedia for example:

    http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Nordrassil_Cataclysm.jpg

    This page ends in ".jpg" yet is actually an html document about the image.
    Thank you for posting that. You explained it very well.

    Edit: Also, that was a healthy amount of skepticism from the poster that originally asked about the validity of the links. Nice to see that.

  20. #40
    Spectral mounts have a habit of becoming invisible in Shadowform, so I'm not peeing myself over these.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •