new graphic card and power source question

I bought a new graphic card (AMD Radeon HD 6770). I didn't know it needed a power supply of atleast 450 watt. It is now connected to a 300 watt. I havent played WoW yet with this new card, so my question is, what will happen if i play it when it is not connected to the minimal amount of watt? Will I damage anything in my PC?
    Lois Lane, Lana Lang & Lori Lemaris, lasciviously licking lollipops at a London landmark.

What brand is the PSU ( if it is very high qualiy you are good)

GTX 560 TI stable at 1GhZ
    PCPartPicker Love it.

I made a photo, in case more info is needed. I dont know if this is a high quality psu.

http://i53.tinypic.com/jubn5w.jpg
    Lois Lane, Lana Lang & Lori Lemaris, lasciviously licking lollipops at a London landmark.

Well, it looks that it would be cutting it pretty close, I personally wouldn't risk it.

GTX 560 TI stable at 1GhZ
    PCPartPicker Love it.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    As Arslay suggested it would be in your best interest to upgrade your power supply. If you strain this power supply by installing the new video card you could in turn damage the video card and other parts.

The worst thing that will happen is your PSU will overheat. The second worst thing to happen is you will get random crashes.

But, the card says 450 and you have a 300, but it's a generic 300.

I've read stories of people running their system on PSU's way lower than the "required" specs and not having an issue so tbh you can just try it and see what happens.

It's not generic. its LiteOn. While they are more well known for optical drives, they do make OEM power supplies that are fairly decent. I'm guessing you have an HP comp? You'll probably be ok with a 6770 as long as your system is pretty basic without any other additions. You still may want to consider buying a new PSU to be safe.

First I had a Compaq, not a HP . 2 weeks ago my motherboard broke, so I had to replace the board or buy a new system. I chose to replace the card. I also bought a new processor (i5) and new ddr3 Ram (4gb). Now I bought a 500 watt PSU (Mod-xtream pro). I think i am safe now

Everyone thanks for answering my noobish question!

I wouldn't risk it as well. You're running the risk of blowing the power supply, I would personally go with at least a corsair 650w. But that's just me. I bought a 850w for my radeon hd 6850 and it's running like a charm with all the other stuff I have hooked up.