10+ Year Old Account
    FL ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡

I need some help with my Ret paladin.

So I need help improving my retribution PvE dps, any suggestions or advice on rotations and priorities, caps /stats I should have?

elitistjerks , google it. Read the faq there
    Besides that, of course the usual hit/exp cap etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuzzie View Post
    elitistjerks , google it. Read the faq there
    Besides that, of course the usual hit/exp cap etc
    I've already done elitestjerks, and I'm pretty well geared too my Ilvl is 376, and I do have a nice PvE set of gear, but I just don't see why with my Ilvl and gear I'm having trouble breaking 22k+ dps when I see other classes in my raids or pugs doing 30k+, it just seems unfair, here is a link to my armory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Emolura/simple

can you log out in your pve gear and post some logs if possible?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesonia View Post
    can you log out in your pve gear and post some logs if possible?
    Yeah but I'm on my phone atm not at home with access to my computer, so i'll have to do it later.

Deleted
    Get hit/exp cap, stack mastery, gem full str unless 20 str bonus with at least 1 red socket (unless you're fully FL geared, then you can start taking 10 str bonuses).

Prio: Inq > TV(3hp) > CS > Exor(UD/Demon) > HoW > TV(DP) > Exor > Judge > HW > Cons. Prio HoW above TV when using wings, since you want as many Hows out as possible. Use your brain when refreshing Inq. You want 100% uptime, but you should not refresh it too early either. It's better with a 2hp refresh at 1 sec than a 3 hp refresh at above 5 sec for example.
    Last edited by mmocbf46be2757; 2011-09-24 at 10:18 PM.

without looking at your armory page theres not much that can be done. but you should know that ret is not front of the pack in terms of dps right now. our dps does not scale with gear nearly as well as other classes. we're extremely proc based. and our cd's are basically the only reason we can clear 20k+. throw that together with fights that are not melee friendly and you've got a dps that will only shine on a fight like Occu'thar. the best thing you can do is try to squeeze every last bit of dps out of your rotation and gear

this would include min/maxing stats as much as possible. knowing fights like the back of your hand so you can time CD's and downtime accordingly. and knowing your rotation inside and out. this may be a moot point but if your a clicker that will severely impede your dps as well considering sometimes when procs come up you have to make a split second decision whether to hit one ability or the other.

if none of this applies to you then to be honest its probably the class or roles you'r given on certain fights. for instance, if your set on the legs on rhyolith your dps will just look terrible. same with taunting adds on beth, and interupting adds on alysrazor. for some reason blizz made a lot of fights this tier that enable 3 or 4 people to do outrageous dps while the rest of the dps have to do some mundane job. best of luck to ya.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming your maxing all your stats/gear out to the best of what you can you still need to take RNG into consideration.

That's because RNG is a major factor concerning ret's dps, as much as 30% or more of your dps comes from completely random procs that you cannot control & when those procs don't happen you simply have nothing else to do but wait on CD's.

So my advice is make sacrifices to the gods of luck & pray for procs, if that doesn't work get used to dead zones & if you cannot do that then it's time to shelve your paladin & wait fior blizzard to fix the clusterf#ck of a spec they made.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

I'll give the greatest tip for playing ret

Autohotkey

http://elitistjerks.com/f32/t25906-autohotkey_thread/
    Last edited by anaxie; 2011-09-25 at 12:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Auto hot keying was only of any real use during wrath & even then was never as useful as actually playing & paying attention.

Though it is still be totally viable for warriors since the changes they got to strikes & rage in cataclysm + with them you don't have to worry about missing nearly as many procs because of it.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok thanks guys for your advice, I've been doing what you guys say, and still not helping, I am a clicker but never really miss a proc, I guess I'll just have to do what alot of other people did, shelf the pally or delete it and reroll or quit.

I am a clicker but never really miss a proc
    Problem found guys.

Don't be a clicker. It's nowhere near as fast as using hotkeys. That can be worked around by being GOOD at clicking. What that won't help with though, is effective character movement and keeping a visual awareness while still using abilities on CD. If you're dead set on being a clicker and not failing, re-roll as an arcane mage.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post

Autohotkey

Need to ask; how do this help ret dps? We never use the same spell two times in a row (Except when we get lucky procs)

Tried to read up on this Autohotkey thing, but didn't realy understand the great deal with it as a ret.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post

Autohotkey

05/18/08, 12:07 PM
    last edited: 05/31/08 at 9:13 PM.

GL.

Deleted
    if you have hit cap
    if you have exp cap
    if you have decent mastery/crit/haste

if you have firelands weapon

all you need is rng to top the meters

if you hve all of the above but
    pre-firelands weapon
    best you can hope for is mid-table we are stupidly weapon dependant and especialy weapon speed. a 359 magmaw mace is beter than the 365 crafted due to weapon speed and avg damg per hit. we are damg per hit dependant to the MAX.