Overheating Problems

My computer seems to be having some overheating problems. Wow will randomly go down to 1-2 Fps, and absolutely can't run. It used to happen, but just suddenly stopped. It's starting again and I have to put an ice-pack on it to keep it cool. It's just incredibly annoying and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to fix this without spending any money. Thanks!
    d=(^_^)z

Deleted
    clean it on the inside... for a beginning

Sounds like how my laptop used to be, the problem as most has told is dust inside your computer, if you have a desktop this is easy to clean up (Just be very careful).

If you got a laptop instead, you may think you got a problem as you can't open up your computer that easy, but hey, it's cool!

Go buy a can of presurised air, and spray it into your opening for your fan (While the computer is offline), this will make all dust fly out clean it up pretty well
    Retired WoW player - Active as a casual in Vanilla, raider in 3.0 and 3.1 and casual from 3.2 and forward!

Alrighty I'll give this a shot. Thanks guys! (It was a Laptop btw)
    d=(^_^)z

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alahondor View Post
    Alrighty I'll give this a shot. Thanks guys! (It was a Laptop btw)
    Hehe, the whole "I had to put an ice-pack on it" concept would have gotten a lot more interesting if it wasn't.