Free 2 play MMORPG

Are there any good F2P MMORPG out there that isn't buy to win?

10+ Year Old Account
    Vindictus is one, and it's more like a console game than an mmo, combat wise that is. :3

People say Vindictus, but that game is way way too much like RPing with the way the text talks about (basically talks about all of the actions you do). A game that's like Vindictus, though, is Dragon Nest (which I really enjoy). It's currently in Beta in the US, but it seriously is fun with the way combat is. However, prepare for a little grind-fest. If you can get pass that, you'll enjoy it.

Deleted
    Guild wars , age of conan

Deleted
    Other then that, not really no - thats the model of a F2P mmo, they have an ingame shop that requires you to buy fonds or use rl cash in it, to gain items that might give you an edge vs others, once one buy it - you are kinda forced to do it as well, if you want to compete.

Others require you to get a premium membership, which has a sub fee too it as well - if you want to experience end game content.

But im sure that there are some out there, like Vindictus - I belive that its NA only, or did it ever get to EU as well ?

Quote Originally Posted by mgscs View Post
    Guild wars , age of conan
    I'm waiting for Guild Wars 2, need something to keep my interest until it comes out. I used to play Age of Conan before it went free to play. Kind of lost interest, plus does the expansion come with the new free to play model?

Try a search on MMO Hut's website. Just about every F2P MMO out there is listed along with a short review of the game.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    LOTRO is just about to launch its 3rd expansion on Monday. I started playing it a month ago as a filler, and I can say I am hooked on the game. Will for sure keep me entertained till at least SWTOR comes out. It is free to play so doesn't hurt to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by CSanthony View Post
    People say Vindictus, but that game is way way too much like RPing with the way the text talks about (basically talks about all of the actions you do).
    You mean it has role play in a role playing game? Unheard of!

As others have said, Age of Conan, Vindictus, Champions Online, Everquest II Extended, Rusty Hearts, Eden Eternal (those are the ones I currently have installed/play occasionally) and a ton of others.

redit:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...light=f2p+list

Here's a thread that has a massive list of MMO's of different genres, with links to their website. All are free to play. Be warned though, some may be pay to win, so look into them a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vindictus, LOTRO, and Spiral Knights are all pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    You mean it has role play in a role playing game? Unheard of!
    Thing is, others break away from RPing in their games, but if you're totally into it, you're free to join one of the servers. Vindictus has RPing in all of it's chats. I know such things are okay like (X person looks closely at Y item), but V takes it a step further, stating what you're doing, to the point that you don't really care.

I never paid much attention to the chat in Vindictus. I don't even know what the main story is about.

Dragon Nest is pretty cool but I dislike the constant zoning there.

LotRO is definitely worth a try although I haven't played since it went free to play.

A bunch of other free to play mmos out there. I have never really seen any that are buy to win. I almost think that is a myth.

Downloading guild wars right now, it looks like you have to payu 20 bucks for a full account since I'm on a trail atm.

I might fork out the cash though.

Deleted
    Runes of Magic, a f2p mmorpg, where you with alot of grinding, can buy cash-shop items with ingame gold. Its pretty much a wow copy

Deleted
    I tried a lot of free games and the only ones i've actually played for more than one hour before deleting are Rusty Hearts, Global Agenda, All Points Bulletin and Dragonica. age of conan is REALLY good but it is basically an extended free trial. there's a lot of content not playable unless you pay. it's the same with champions online. subscription and free are so far apart that you may as well call it a pay2win.

but yes, a lot of the free mmos (not previously paid then downgraded to free cause of low population) really aren't pay2win. you mostly buy costume or vanity items, or early unlocks, so if you put the time in you can easily compete with paying customers. the problem is, most of the games just bloody suck, be it free, pay2win or whatever design they're aiming for.