Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I Click Lightwells!! <3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muoteck View Post
    Maybe it's one of the priest devs... Would explain a lot!
    Hahaha!!! i wouldn't be surprised

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Refresh my memory please; Blizzard has previewed set bonuses before (as recently as T12), and they have been modified prior to official release, yes?

While I agree that these T13 set bonuses don't exactly float my boat, having 8 thread pages saying that they're shit doesn't really advance the conversation. Props to the folks who replied saying that the bonuses are shit and here's why.

Personally I won't be running around shouting that the sky is falling until I see the finished product.

Yes and actually they did say in the post that obviously PTR hasn't happened yet and changes may happen. However, people are definitely allowed to react to the bonuses as they have released them so far and to think about how those bonuses could affect their game play. Also, the people upset about being referred to as non-disc are more than within their rights on that one. It was (hopefully) a dumb mistake on blizz's part, but it still is a pretty big slap in the face to the Holy Priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yes and actually they did say in the post that obviously PTR hasn't happened yet and changes may happen. However, people are definitely allowed to react to the bonuses as they have released them so far and to think about how those bonuses could affect their game play. Also, the people upset about being referred to as non-disc are more than within their rights on that one. It was (hopefully) a dumb mistake on blizz's part, but it still is a pretty big slap in the face to the Non-disc Priests.
    Fixed for you.

:3
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Benea View Post
    Since you posted that this is your real feeling and not a troll:

The 25% mana reduction tied to lightwell will be wasted. If you haven't noticed, lightwell has a mana cost, so most priests will cast it before the pull. There is nothing to heal that you spam for 15 seconds on the pull, so that bonus is wasted. You can probably take advantage of the bonus on the 2nd lightwell cast during the fight.
    Dont see problem. There is no reason why you NEED to cast it before pull, mana cost of spell is cheap. Casting it before pull can enables more uses of it (sometimes) but it totally depends flow of fight if pre-pull casting gives any real advantage. With new set bonus you can cast Lighwell just before big aoe hits, together with macroed /s so your raid knows to click it, and get full usage of mana saving during burst healing phase. Example situations: stacking in Chimeara, Bethilac pull, Majordomo normal mode Scorpion phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyoric View Post
    Refresh my memory please; Blizzard has previewed set bonuses before (as recently as T12), and they have been modified prior to official release, yes?

While I agree that these T13 set bonuses don't exactly float my boat, having 8 thread pages saying that they're shit doesn't really advance the conversation. Props to the folks who replied saying that the bonuses are shit and here's why.

Personally I won't be running around shouting that the sky is falling until I see the finished product.
    Actually just saying this is shit does advanced the conversation. Unlike blizzard who just banns and deletes the post for that kind of feedback. Other people ask "why is he saying this is shit" instead of the person who said just crap and no proof to back it up, other people support him and think and list of the reasons why the set bonus is crap and back up the poster.

Confusing paragraph I know.

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sahtila View Post
    Dont see problem. There is no reason why you NEED to cast it before pull, mana cost of spell is cheap. Casting it before pull can enables more uses of it (sometimes) but it totally depends flow of fight if pre-pull casting gives any real advantage. With new set bonus you can cast Lighwell just before big aoe hits, together with macroed /s so your raid knows to click it, and get full usage of mana saving during burst healing phase. Example situations: stacking in Chimeara, Bethilac pull, Majordomo normal mode Scorpion phase.
    That is not practical though, saving lightwell for burst phases. People use lightwell if they are going to die regardless and they should, it will save them and maybe healers time. You can either set up lightwell and use it over time for people who need it or save it just for a burst phase and "hope" people notice it in time to click it.

Also on heavy movement fights you are not always near lightwell so its essentially also useless, plus 3 min CD for a small mana reduction that we really don't need... yea no.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by sahtila View Post
    I tend to want to cast lightwell 2x-3x in the fight. You do have some leeway on timing and can cast the first one around the 1st 2 minutes. Casting on the 3rd minute is hit or miss as most fights will end around 6 minutes (barring end tier bosses).

I suppose if you just want lightwell casted once per fight then it's not a problem.

The big problem with the 2pc overall (I'm talking about all healers) is forcing us to, essentially, spam cast in order to save mana. If you wind up using the bonus when you will be chain casting anyways, great. But anytime something forces us to choose x spell over y just to gain b buff, healing becomes annoying. Case and point: T12 2pc bonus.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    But anytime something forces us to choose x spell over y just to gain b buff, healing becomes annoying. Case and point: T12 2pc bonus.
    Uh, if you aren't casting one of those 4 spells (for the t12 2pc) during any part of a fight, there's a bigger issue about your healing style. I'm not totally against Blizz trying to change up our healing style, it can get interesting. It's just that the current suggested implementation isn't ideal.

Go on the Blizzard website and click forums and go to the priesty section, there are probably about 20 pages of people saying "this is shit" and that's about it. I'm sure this is going to change because the overall feedback from the priest community on the wow forums and here is pretty negative towards this bonus (mixed feelings on the disc portion of the pieces it seems but I think they're crap)

15+ Year Old Account
    Former holy priest here. I quit wow 4 months ago and neither of those bonuses make any sense. Last time I played the spells holy used most were PoH, CoH, and PoM. The bonuses don't do anything for core spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorend View Post
    Uh, if you aren't casting one of those 4 spells (for the t12 2pc) during any part of a fight, there's a bigger issue about your healing style. I'm not totally against Blizz trying to change up our healing style, it can get interesting. It's just that the current suggested implementation isn't ideal.
    Casting your Flash Heal, Heal, Greater Heal, and Prayer of Mending spells cause you to regenerate 2% of your base mana every 5 sec for 15 sec.

ProM does NOT have to be cast on CD, let alone every 15 seconds. It's actually a big HPM loss and is not beneficial to recast a ProM before it has continued jumping, not every situation requires you to cast FH, H, GH - sometimes you just cast PoH & CoH and it's an HPS loss to even stop to cast ProM, which of course just means either you take the HPS hit and cast it or take the mana hit and don't cast it (ie Heroic Rag seeds explode there's no bouncing of ProM but you have to spam cast PoH/CoH)

15+ Year Old Account
    This don't make any sense to me. One of many reasons to go on forums and say "I don't like this" is to make Blizzard aware before they make silly things.

Casting your Flash Heal, Heal, Greater Heal, and Prayer of Mending spells cause you to regenerate 2% of your base mana every 5 sec for 15 sec.

ProM does NOT have to be cast on CD, let alone every 15 seconds. It's actually a big HPM loss and is not beneficial to recast a ProM before it has continued jumping, not every situation requires you to cast FH, H, GH - sometimes you just cast PoH & CoH and it's an HPS loss to even stop to cast ProM, which of course just means either you take the HPS hit and cast it or take the mana hit and don't cast it (ie Heroic Rag seeds explode there's no bouncing of ProM but you have to spam cast PoH/CoH)
    Didn't the glyph of ProM make it so it was incredibly efficient? It only needs to bounce twice I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Didn't the glyph of ProM make it so it was incredibly efficient? It only needs to bounce twice I think.
    There's been plenty of talk (and math somewhere on these forums) that it still is not an HPM or HPS increase to continuously cast it on CD just for the sake of it.

Yeah, but once every 15 seconds isn't going to make or break your hps.

There's been plenty of talk (and math somewhere on these forums) that it still is not an HPM or HPS increase to continuously cast it on CD just for the sake of it.
    In cases where there isn't continual multi-target damage [within it's bounce range], I'm fairly certain that on CD on the tank is an HPS increase. Of course, it's always an HPM increase to wait for it to run out of charges before recasting regardless of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Yeah, but once every 15 seconds isn't going to make or break your hps.
    Like I said, you are forced to make a decision of losing HPS by casting it or losing the Mana from the 2pc buff by not casting it in some situations.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post
    The Disc 4PC isn't AMAZING; especially for raid healing discs. If we see this age of constant raid damage continue into T13, increase the proc chance and make it Aegis... say 20%. If its more of a HM Rag damage model, aegis on the raid will go to waste often if not it benefits both Tank and Raid Disc.

For Holy, I understand they WANT to use Holy Words since its so 'iconic' for the spec this Expac, but they need to fix them first. I've been a fan of the many priests suggesting Sanctuary to provide a healing buff to the priest. Alternatively I also like a suggestion I read on the O Forums allowing COH an X% chance to hit double the number of targets and increased its reach to 70 yards.
    OK, not amazing, but many Holy priests feel that the 6% chance to get a free flash heal and Serendipity charge from Surge of Light is well worth the 2 talent points. A 10% chance to get a "double shield", and a cooldown that reduces the cost of the mana required to cast shield (its main detriment) seems just as "good".

I agree that Holy Words need fixing as a concept. They are too tied to Chakra in my opinion. I think they should make the Holy Words a baseline ability for healing priest, but enhance them with an additional ability when in the appropriate chakra. For Serenity, add the 10% increased chance to crit and renew refresh when in that chakra, but allow Serenity to be cast when not in that chakra, perhaps without the 20% crit buff.

I like your idea of an extra target for aoe, so much in fact that I think that should be a Chakra Sanctuary state bonus in addition to the aoe healing. "Your Chakra Sanctuary state gives you a 10% chance that your aoe will hit an additional target."

I'm certainly not saying what Blizzard came up with for healing bonuses for T13 are awe-inspiring. I was looking for something usefull in what they proposed for us because I hope they aren't that careless. But it goes without saying that the priest community here has devoted many countless hours over many years perfecting their use of their class' skills and abilities. We really expect to get something better than meh for playing the closest thing there is to a pure healing class.