Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorend View Post
    That's a pretty useless way to use it for a lot of fights IMO. It's alot more efficient to use it in high incoming damage phases, when you have disciplined raid members (as in they all click it at the same time after a big burst of damage). If you don't have such members, then I agree.
    ....And why not pre-cast it before the high damage phases so that after everyone uses it, you can cast it again?

Like others have said, Blizz' priest team seems to be on crack currently. Either that or they're sick and tired of trying to balance disc and holy so they're trying to force everyone to be disc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

The point is, you need to click LW, find a good place for it, cast it & announce it's been cast, have the raid acknowledge the announce, have the raid locate it on their screens, and click it at the appropriate time.

So, barring some uber coordination, you'll want to cast LW at least 10sec ahead of a spike, negating the whole point of the bonus if you wish to use LW properly. The only go around I see for this is to plunk down a raid marker 10sec in advance, then drop LW just before the hit. That seems overly complicated to gain full usage out of both LW and the bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellabel View Post
    Meh, I hope this isn't the final cut for healing priest set bonuses.
    PTR isn't even up yet... they will prob change them during the PTR testing. It's all preliminary you know

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    ....And why not pre-cast it before the high damage phases so that after everyone uses it, you can cast it again?

Like others have said, Blizz' priest team seems to be on crack currently. Either that or they're sick and tired of trying to balance disc and holy so they're trying to force everyone to be disc.
    I can't say I share the way you think, but I can relate. Some times it feels the balance the priest team seeks takes away from one.
    Last edited by Bellabel; 2011-09-25 at 02:59 AM.

This is infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I never said not to do that. Obviously you should do it. Which is another reason the bonus is too weak.

Also, about the positioning, you normally always cast it the same position relative to the boss, so you don't really need a so called "uber" coordination.

So not only did the worst healing spec get shafted in terms of itemisation for firelands but now in 4.3 we can't even get good set bonuses.

The 4-pc for disc would be good if it instantly proc'd rapture

15+ Year Old Account
    Wank for Holy... Abysmal really, they won't stay and i'm amazed the designers thought these balanced the 4 piece for Disc.... I guarantee both will get changed for Holy and I'm fairly sure the 4 piece Disc will get nerfed. It's Massively OP.

These are honestly the worst designs for piece sets I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Wank for Holy... Abysmal really, they won't stay and i'm amazed the designers thought these balanced the 4 piece for Disc.... I guarantee both will get changed for Holy and I'm fairly sure the 4 piece Disc will get nerfed. It's Massively OP.

These are honestly the worst designs for piece sets I've ever seen.
    It isn't massively OP, but it is definitely better than holy's. Pi for 45% mana reduction and then spam bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Pi for 45% mana reduction and then spam bubble.
    As crazy as it sounds coming from me, I'm actually OK with that. Every 2min, Assuming GCD capped, you can drop 10[more likely 9] super-cheap bubbles + 5[4] more cheap bubbles w/ a 10% chance [assuming no ICD] for a double-bubble. They only last for 15sec. Seems reasonable, TBH.

Giving players an option to ramp up something big is good design, as long as it's balanced by something else [in this case, 2min CD].

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    As crazy as it sounds coming from me, I'm actually OK with that. Every 2min, Assuming GCD capped, you can drop 10[more likely 9] super-cheap bubbles + 5[4] more cheap bubbles w/ a 10% chance [assuming no ICD] for a double-bubble. They only last for 15sec. Seems reasonable, TBH.

Giving players an option to ramp up something big is good design, as long as it's balanced by something else [in this case, 2min CD].
    Yeah, I was saying it is a good thing :] But they need to figure out something for Holy... because the set pieces just aren't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Yeah, I was saying it is a good thing :] But they need to figure out something for Holy... because the set pieces just aren't worth it.
    Yeah, it's almost like they were saying "Here are two things Holy isn't really keen on. Lets tie bonuses to 'em so they'll use 'em more often."

Holy Priest bonuses are probably as useless as possible. Lightwell is cast before high healing requirement scenarios because of the GCD. If lightwell was maybe off the GCD and more intuitive to use in a hurry (macro, petbar, something) it would be a decent 2 set, and lightwell would be a better raid cooldown.

The 4 set though...christ. Sanctuary is only used in 25 mans because it is bugged and healing over 4 times what it should be. It's already questionable in 10 man even with the bug. Serenity? If I'm tank healing I'm Disc, who cares. 4 Set gives us -20% cooldown on a spell that's only useful in 25 mans cos its bugged and another spell that we never use. Hooray.

Quote Originally Posted by setheral View Post
    I think holy gets the shaft more with the 2 piece bonus.. Most holy priests I know pop their Lightwell once at the beginning of a fight or not at all.
    EXACTLY! I know I personally do. I mean why wouldn't you, its literally free heals because you regen that mana back before the fight. Usually anyways lol

---------- Post added 2011-09-25 at 12:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Ive said it before ill say it again. The priest design team is on crack.
    I so could not have said that better myself!

I love holy priest so much, but this continual neglect is really sucking my interest out of this game.
    Last edited by Afflictid; 2011-09-25 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post

oh god. if this goes thur disc my even be able to out heal a tranq druid are far as cds go...................maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

What the...? I don't even...

The only bonus that's even "worthy", IMO, is 2pc for Disc. Gives us the option of using PI for a DPS'er (pretty big bonus for a 10man, I must say) and still having some mana reduction for ourselves, or save PI for ourselves and super-duper bubble spam the raid (probably depending on the fight). 4pc's 10% chance to proc a x2 shield is RNG-BS. If it's on a tank, sure it's helpful, but if you're PI'ing yourself and super-duper bubble spamming the raid, a x2-bubble on a random fellow raider is rather useless because the incoming raid-wide burst damage probably won't bust it (aka overheal). If in the event the damage *would* burst it, that means 70k+ damage raid-wide on every player you bubbled (meaning the ones w/o x2-bubble took 40k damage after shield) in which case, was PW:S spam the best option? Sure, you saved one player from taking 40k extra damage (RNG-BS, btw), but you'll still probably AoE-heal up the rest of the raid anyway (which would be OHeal on any x2-bubble targets).

Bonuses for Holy are just crap, I can't even find one good thing to say except 4pc's bonus for Serenity. Woot for quicker instant heals (I usually use Serenity on non-tanks anyway).
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2011-09-25 at 05:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spazzeh maybe over-exaggerated a little, but I agree with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

What if the Holy 2-piece activates when you use (e.g. click) the lightwell, not cast it? That would probably be way OP in terms of mana regen, but wording on those bonuses is so retardedly unclear...
    You see, there's this thing called "aggro". It's a very complicated, very technical roleplaying expression.
    Loosely translated, it means "the priest dies".