Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I kinda lol'd at the "non-Discipline" part. They really don't want you to think about playing Holy, eh?
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Tragicomic. But I don't really think a Raid Tier set is aimed for such noobish group members. Probably LW is just a placeholder trigger. They didn't release the tier looks, yet.
    I think, perhaps, you forgot that LFR will drop gear w/ tier bonuses... thus theoretically making a full tier piece accessible to pretty much anyone who maybe thinks they want it [for transmog].

---------- Post added 2011-09-25 at 09:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Executz View Post
    I have always loved disc and mitigation over throughput but not to the point of bubble botting i hope it doesn't become viable again.
    Nah, no way. 9[10] 45% reduced mana cost bubbles every 2min does not a bubblebot make.

At the very least, Holy 4pc should increase healing of your Holy Words by 20% instead of reducing the CD... It's not like CoH or PoM that you might actually use on CD, and if you're not using it on CD, why have a CD reduction at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Kaels opinions is always great to read:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...031?page=7#130

EDIT: Kaels, I love you! This topic is brilliant!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3229036359
    I pretty much posted the exact same things as him.

Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post
    2pc: if you PI yourself this will be amazing for burst (I think the 10 sec vs 15 sec is to try to prevent too much pre-damage PWS Spam; time will tell if it will work).
    Nah, it's simply due to PI being on a 2min CD, while LW being on a 3min CD. Ratios & whatnot. I seriously don't even think they thought about using it for PW:S. My guess is they balanced it off PoH [what ppl are doing in T12 vs. what people will do in T13]. Wouldn't be the first time [Holy Bubblebot].

I might end up canceling my subscription if this is what goes live, but I'm going to have some faith that blizzard will see how absolutely useless these bonuses are for holy priests.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    Nah, it's simply due to PI being on a 2min CD, while LW being on a 3min CD. Ratios & whatnot. I seriously don't even think they thought about using it for PW:S. My guess is they balanced it off PoH [what ppl are doing in T12 vs. what people will do in T13]. Wouldn't be the first time [Holy Bubblebot].
    Good point. M is for Math!

I guess Lightwell will get a "cheap" re-design: Pulse-type single target smart healing.

Ofc they'll say something like " Ok now you got one more CD. You're fine. No, your mana regene is not sub-par!"

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    I guess Lightwell will get a "cheap" re-design: Pulse-type single target smart healing.

Ofc they'll say something like " Ok now you got one more CD. You're fine. No, your mana regene is not sub-par!"
    Where are you getting that Lightwell information from?

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Where are you getting that Lightwell information from?
    I think that was the "guess" part.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    I think that was the "guess" part.
    Alright... just seemed really matter-of-fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    as a Disc/shadow priest I'm pretty happy with the bonuses...

but as an Attonement Disc I'm a little upset... once again we get slighted on bonuses, it's not a HUGE change, just make the bonus 'yadda yadda 25% reduction for you holy spells, not healing spells, that was the bonus would still work with Smite and Holy Fire. Tbh though this is such a minor thing that I dont mind if it goes live as is.

sorry for all you 'non-disc' priests... damn blizz suck sometimes.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    as a Disc/shadow priest I'm pretty happy with the bonuses...

but as an Attonement Disc I'm a little upset... once again we get slighted on bonuses, it's not a HUGE change, just make the bonus 'yadda yadda 25% reduction for you holy spells, not healing spells, that was the bonus would still work with Smite and Holy Fire. Tbh though this is such a minor thing that I dont mind if it goes live as is.

sorry for all you 'non-disc' priests... damn blizz suck sometimes.
    Wait you want smite healing to be MORE efficient than it I currently? /boggle

15+ Year Old Account
    If you feel that way, I don't think you are playing Atonement in the intended way.

As far as the disc 4p goes, the 100% increase to PW:S should really be a proc off of all healing spells. Doesn't push you into bubblespam, doesn't mess up rapture for those of us who really only shield for the mana return, but still maintains the flavor of RNG. Plus its a chance for me to add yet another power aura.

Regarding the healing 4piece, I think it'd be slightly more interesting to have a 10% chance to proc a free bubble on the lowest health target in a certain range either off of a PW:Shield or healing spells. Rather than increasing the bubble's strength.

Does someone think like me that the 2pieces bonus for discipline won't be additive with the mana reduction of power infusion? Meaning the bonus will reduce the mana cost of the already reduced spell, so 25% of the 80%?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermyt View Post
    Does someone think like me that the 2pieces bonus for discipline won't be additive with the mana reduction of power infusion? Meaning the bonus will reduce the mana cost of the already reduced spell, so 25% of the 80%?
    It would still only cost 60% of the cost instead of 55%.

Deleted
    ow at first i thought "using the lightwell" is clicking on the lightwell, as opposed to casting or placing the lightwell. guess it'd be too good to be true >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Ellumina View Post
    Regarding the healing 4piece, I think it'd be slightly more interesting to have a 10% chance to proc a free bubble on the lowest health target in a certain range either off of a PW:Shield or healing spells. Rather than increasing the bubble's strength.
    I'm not sure an "extra bubble" is a very good idea, for any situation. Proc'ing a x2-strength bubble on a target and not popping the bubble is overheal (except on tanks). Proc'ing an additional bubble on a 2nd target would likely result in overheal outside of "pulse-type" raid damage.

I'd like to see a 100% chance to proc a raid-wide bubble when you cast PW:S. The raid-wide bubble, of course, wouldn't be as strong as a normal PW:S (10% too much?), and could also be limited to a number of targets and/or have a range limit. It could be made to not stack with itself so as to not encourage bubble spamming 3-5 people to stack shields on raid. I think this could add some interesting decisions on when to bubble outside of Rapture procs. Big AoE incoming? Shield at least 1 person to grab some small bubbles on raid (or the random few) to mitigate the damage a little. Gives us a weaker "flavor" of WotLK bubble-botting without being over-the-top-spamming-1-button.

And yeah, the "non-Discipline" part is pretty funny. For the Warlock bonuses, it kind of makes sens to say "non-Demonology," as they're referring to two specs (Aff and Destro). "Non-Discipline" only refers to "Holy" (Shadow doesn't get Lightwell) which requires less keystrokes.
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2011-09-25 at 06:50 PM.