Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... Holy have no fitting spells. We are special. Make us special things then

No clue why they are so stubborn, making all healing sets with similar bonus proccs... Just makes it easier to compare and find flaws tbh!

Would love to see some more effort put into this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hang on, what if the (2) bonus just made Lightwell function like, um..

What was it called...? Trial of the Captain? Anyway, the Lightwell in that. It was awesome!

Deleted
    I see they changed the 2pc to DH and PI does that mean Disc can make use of the 2pc set twice one after the other?

Also for holy they cast a DH with its normal mana cost there by activating the 2pc set after they use the fairly expensive spell then they either stop channeling it or wait 8 seconds for it to finish before making use of the 2 set bonus of reduced mana cost? it doesn't make a lot of sense.

The 4pc set for disc still isn't great because people will still be using the 2pc set + PI to cast as many shields as possible so the little tack on of double rapture proc is still useless because chances are a 60k+ shield wont break and if we happen to proc it mid spamming shields it will be sure to be the last to break.

I mainly use shields on tanks for rapture my self but that doesn't mean I don't spam them if needed. They are trying to cover up a bad bonus with a slap in the face double rapture that will most likely only pop when on tanks and for that you would have to be really lucky to land one on them or only casting shields on tanks.

So basically what they are saying is; If you want to make best use of the 4pc rapture and double shield then never cast a shield on anyone but the tanks.
    Last edited by mmocb7bc0f26da; 2011-09-30 at 03:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    CoolNitro, quick answer: Probably not.

It's fine because they made the length of the buff 23 seconds so that you can benefit for 15 seconds after the spell. You aren't meant to use it to gain 23 seconds of reduced cost.

Also, what if the 100% shield rapture thing is specifically for tank healers?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Hang on, what if the (2) bonus just made Lightwell function like, um..

What was it called...? Trial of the Captain? Anyway, the Lightwell in that. It was awesome!
    It's Trial of the Champagne dear.

I vote for this! Glittering, sparkling smartheals shooting over the whole raid, making baby angels fall giggeling from the skies, and you will see God smiling down upo..... oh wait...

How.. wai.. wha? I'm quite confused on this statement..

Deleted
    CoolNitro, quick answer: Probably not.

It's fine because they made the length of the buff 23 seconds so that you can benefit for 15 seconds after the spell. You aren't meant to use it to gain 23 seconds of reduced cost.
    That makes sense.

Even for tank healing it makes no sense unless you only cast 1 shield per rapture cooldown,

Chances are for raid healing disc even a 30k shield may not break if placed on a non tank who is doing his job, so a 60k shield will nearly always not break and chances are if you cast two or more shields then one of the smaller ones will break before it and activate rapture cooldown. So the likely hood of a raid healing disc priest ever gaining the double rapture proc is almost impossible, unless as I said before they only cast 1 shield per rapture cooldown.

So maybe you are right in saying the rapture bonus is only really for tank healers but the issue is that even tank healers use shields more then once every rapture cooldown so even for us it would be really hard to gain any double rapture procs.
    Last edited by mmocb7bc0f26da; 2011-09-30 at 04:11 PM.

Why 4th Holy piece cant be something like "Remove the cd on ur Chakra states" , Personally im sick of stick my ass to the Serenity chakra while doing 10m, There is several boss mechanics /spell cd's that dont let me switch chakras according to the encounter neeeds, even if i can swtich from Serenity to Sanctuary in time, after 6 seconds, the big aoe is gone, and then i have to switch to tank heals again / 1 target healing ( offtank, ppl with debuffs, etc ) and i CANT cuz i have to wait another 20 secs until next chakra state cd is up, ARRRRRRGHH.

AND for christ Sake, just make one of the pieces (while having 2 pieces ) to make on "use" ( just liek synapse springs ) , and let us use our damn "holy power infusion" whenever we need it / want it. Or just remove Hymn of hope and make a mana lightwell that can channel a mana back spell to the ppl around and (clicking on it for the last 10 secs) asap u cast this mana lightwell, u got the "power infusion buff" ( since the idea for this power infusion things is activated for the same mana cd's on the other clases, [mana tide totem, innervate]). Sigh,,,, still,,, dreaming doesnt hurt,,,, that much.
    Last edited by Chora; 2011-09-30 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Mainly cos its a filler spell. You don't use it for the crit bonus, you use it cos either:

A) You want to refresh renew and don't have time to cast or
    B) You want an instant spell to top someone up.

That makes its use very situational. The only time I use it is in combo with another spell that won't bring someone to full. I'll cast GH and as it lands I'll cast Serenity to hopefully top them just to save a cast time. If you're using it for low health, again thats situational but you could glyph flash heal and just flash heal them for serendipity stacks.

Sanctuary isn't any better. Healing to spell cost, its still very poor, with a small radius and only of use on grouping up.

I appreciate they want to give a set bonus for the defining play styles of each spec, but buffing situational spells a tiny amount (considering its a 4 piece) aren't cutting it. If they're wanting to make a 4 set around Holy Words they're gonna have to give something that makes you want to use it more. An actual buff to the spell, not just a duration extention on something you don't really care about (Serenity) or isn't really worth casting unless 90% of the raid are grouped (Sanctuary).
    I raid in a 25man. I will not be swapping to Chakra: Serenity just to use serenity to refresh renew. It would cost less mana just to cast renew again. Also, you could do what you said WITHOUT the four set. Our four set right now is such an extremely minimal bonus....

---------- Post added 2011-09-30 at 11:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafter View Post
    Disc has the best mana regen by far? Ever heard of a Resto Druid?
    I guarantee you that I get more mana back than a resto druid in any fight as a disc priest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Considering how bad State of Mind is in the tree, at this point I don't really care. I'm just happy to have it gone.
    If you spec Tome of Light, it's actually a 10.5 second cooldown. The only thing is they just need to fix the damn ability. The upside is Sanctuary's uptime is bigger, it's cooldown is smaller, and its mana cost is reduced. Oh my, this just became an awesome awesome thing and I'm beside myself... assuming this one doesn't get fixed (go figure).

I went Celes because I was hoping to be playing FF6 from the PSN. Then Sony trolled the hell out of me. But how do you not recognize Saria? Honestly, Fenix, you disappoint me.
    I did forget to factor in Tome of Light, this does make this change even better than I originally projected it (even moreso if it increased Serenity's buff duration).

Also, I thought that's what your new avatar was, but I wasn't entirely certain if it was that or a more anime-styled Rydia. It sucks that Sony didn't release FF6 on PSN. It sucks moreso that Enix won't give me my damn FF6 remake for DS. They did such a great job on 4 and even remade those other crappy ones...why they refuse to (or continue to put on the back burner, whichever the case may be) to remake one of the greatest FF games they've ever done perplexes me.

---------- Post added 2011-09-30 at 12:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    It's Trial of the Champagne dear.

I vote for this! Glittering, sparkling smartheals shooting over the whole raid, making baby angels fall giggeling from the skies, and you will see God smiling down upo..... oh wait...
    You mean like a more angelic version of the 4-pc bonus half the priest community still complains about to this day? Yeah, I'm sure everyone will be on board for that one. :P
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

2p - I think these bonuses are rather lame and not very interesting. You normally want to save these raid CDs for dire situations so you won't be just using them on CD. This means that the effect the set bonus has isn't that effective. It's the same with all healers this tier though so. Disc does get to double dip though the overall duration is much longer for holy priests which makes up for it (sort of).

4p - Great for disc, horrid for holy. Why is the Rapture mana regen even in here? Lets take a cvlass that has a massive mana pool and great regen and give them more regen!?! And yes holy priests can cast shields, but they generally don't, especially when another disc priest is in the raid. The holy word bonus is essentially nothing as 20% is quite low. This bonus will cause holy to not care about the set bonus at all, needs to be fixed!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynet View Post
    2p - I think these bonuses are rather lame and not very interesting. You normally want to save these raid CDs for dire situations so you won't be just using them on CD. This means that the effect the set bonus has isn't that effective. It's the same with all healers this tier though so. Disc does get to double dip though the overall duration is much longer for holy priests which makes up for it (sort of).
    Most everyone including myself agrees that fumbling about a spec looking for some random spell on a 3min cooldown to staple the 2-piece effect onto isn't working very well for non-disc priests. At first I thought it would make more sense to proc it on Guardian Spirit to take advantage of the bonus healing with reduced mana in an oh-sh*t situation. Then right before the 15seconds end hit Divine Hymn if things warranted it. But now I think the best solution is to just make the 2-piece an on-use proc on the actual tier gear, and free us up to use our CDs when we want to. A Tier piece bonus should never take away abilities from us, or force us to expend a cooldown to get another bonus unless there is total synergy in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Raynet View Post
    4p - Great for disc, horrid for holy. Why is the Rapture mana regen even in here? Lets take a cvlass that has a massive mana pool and great regen and give them more regen!?! And yes holy priests can cast shields, but they generally don't, especially when another disc priest is in the raid. The holy word bonus is essentially nothing as 20% is quite low. This bonus will cause holy to not care about the set bonus at all, needs to be fixed!
    The Rapture mana regen is there because of all the Disc QQ about how double shields would endanger their ability to utilize their Rapture talent to regain mana. Much in the same way spriests QQd that their 2-piece eliminated the possibility to regain mana from one of their mana-regen talents (Masochism). So in true Blizzard fashion the fix is a bit broken itself for Disc. When was the last time a tank went for more than 12 seconds without getting at least 60k damage? For a disc priest in 10-mans they will be hard pressed to spend all that mana. For 25-mans we may see many of the Disc-switchers go back to Non-Disc now that they have a real raid cooldown, leaving the Disc priests to focus back on tank healing with some raid healing.

Deleted
    Hmm.. the Rapture bonus is only for the boosted shield?

I am just wondering .. since there is a cd @ rapture + there is only a 10% chance for this "ubershield" so you are not able to plan it.. so there is a pretty high chance in shield-heavy-fights that there is a rapturCD in the moment it breaks and just nothing happens?

Not sure if it has been stated (Probably has) but im pretty happy about the holy changes. with T13 4pc and the new Tome of Light, Holy word:Sanctuary becomes 24 second cooldown and 24 second duration. ie. can be constantly kept up. Plus reports are it has been secretly buffed and the mana cost nerfed. And Serenity becomes a 6 second cooldown 8 second crit buff. So it can be constantly kept up on the tank. which means if we are tank healing we just gain 25% by default. along with the Divine Hymn buff Holy is looking damn good imo.
    Last edited by Sikizim; 2011-10-07 at 05:36 AM.

Some ideas from myself, after healing as disc for the past few years.

Tier 13 2 piece: Casting Power Word: Shield has a 10% chance to make your next Power Word: Shield 100% more effective and have no mana cost.
    Tier 13 4 piece: All players under the effect of your Power Word: Barrier also gain a shield equal to 10% of their maximum health.

Or something like that.

Discs raid cooldown is good enough.

With the new tome of light cooldown, we could be seeing a 99% cooldown reduction of the holy word spells.
    That's actually something I can get excited about as a holypriest.

Though to be honest, I would probably still just pass the token to the next player. But at this point, it's just me, not the bonus that there is anything wrong with.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Tome of light is CD reduction, t13 4p is duration extension, not the same!

And in its current state, sanc will have 16sec CD, 24sec duration with t13 4p.

Seren would be great, if they fix it! 25% crit with a very high uptime, plus chakra plus some base crit and buffs brings you over 50% crit on tanks! Man that will be great! Could make holy a halfway acceptable tankhealer :-)

TheTrueM4gg0t: Ooh. Good point!

As far as sanctuary goes, the duration is boosted from 18 to 23.94 => 24 seconds with the set bonus.
    And sanc will go down from 40 to 16 seconds assuming 2/2 ToL.
    At this point, the set bonus is again pointless, as I have no belief you can have two of these up at one time.

And there is no point in checking serenity until they fix the bug. Not holding my breath for that one... so... hm. I guess this doesn't make a lot of sense.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Was the mana cost of reduction on HW sanctuary still a go? Can't remember if it was a blue post or datamined.

If so this would make things very interesting...
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.