Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

[Priest] Shadow t13 set bonuses.

What do you make of them so far?

Personally i think thier amazing its nice to see feedback actually used to improve a class.
    The general theme on the wow feedback was we lack a way to have 3x stacks on the pull, With the fiend applying them this shouldnt be as bigger problem.

2pc seems awesome and I am excited about that. 4pc again awesome... but it feels like it would be a bit op without some kind of nerf in apparition spawn rates or sf CD...

For reference purposes:
    Shadow, 2P -- Shadow Word: Death deals an additional 55% damage, and you no longer take damage from your own Shadow Word: Death when the target fails to die.
    Shadow, 4P -- Your Shadowfiend and Shadowy Apparitions have a 100% chance to grant you 3 Shadow Orbs each time they deal damage.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2011-09-25 at 01:33 AM.

Loving that 2pc. Not only does our execute get a huge damage increase, but we no longer risk killing ourselves on fights with heavy raid damage/DPS gimmicks? Gimme gimme!

4pc bonus honestly seems kinda...meh, especially compared to that of T12.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna go ahead and comment on this one seeing as it was posted first. The bonuses seem decent but something that occurred to me when I read the 4th one was a new starting rotation. Would it be viable to start out with mind flay to stack evangelism and then use dark archangel and shadow fiend with mind spike spam? I mean you've got a guaranteed 3 orbs for pretty much each one plus 20% more dmg due to archangel. What do you guys think?
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by qactuar View Post
    Loving that 2pc. Not only does our execute get a huge damage increase, but we no longer risk killing ourselves on fights with heavy raid damage/DPS gimmicks? Gimme gimme!

4pc bonus honestly seems kinda...meh, especially compared to that of T12.
    i think unless your gonna go toe for toe with a boss, your "only allowing 4 appareitions up at a time" will be a bit of a nirf there, However it would seem we might have 3 orbs permenently for mind blast at least.

I think they're quite interesting. Just so people know.

Shadow, 2P -- Shadow Word: Death deals an additional 55% damage, and you no longer take damage from your own Shadow Word: Death when the target fails to die.
    Shadow, 4P -- Your Shadowfiend and Shadowy Apparitions have a 100% chance to grant you 3 Shadow Orbs each time they deal damage.

Maybe now we can take 2 points from Pain and Suffering and plonk em somewhere else. Not too sure where one would put them though. Hell maybe it's best to leave the optimal spec as it is.

That 4 piece though. Shit I don't think any Spriest out there will have trouble getting orbs anymore. It seems really nice so far. I think the 4pc might get a little nerf it just seems quite over powered.

Its interesting isnt it. Its going to get some strange results. You can imagine that we may drop dots on our primary target for periods of the fights, especially when we have SF on cooldown and MS spam. For periods when its just the apparitions, its going to need some nice number crunching

Would be interesting to see the numbers for opening with Archangel MS rotation compared to Dots (i dont have the skill/means to do this for myself in all honisty ) but it could lead to a nice burst opening.

10+ Year Old Account
    •Shadow, 2P -- Shadow Word: Death deals an additional 55% damage, and you no longer take damage from your own Shadow Word: Death when the target fails to die.

Holy shit finally, the stealth nerf they did to DP kind of makes sense now. Being able to use swd on all fights without having "halfus/chim/90%ofotherfightswhohaveaburnphaseattheend incident" will be amazing

•Shadow, 4P -- Your Shadowfiend and Shadowy Apparitions have a 100% chance to grant you 3 Shadow Orbs each time they deal damage.

I guess they are going to make us super mobile for t13. We can now have an additional instant ability that we use while moving and apparitions are getting a buff.

RIP patchwerk

Deleted
    The 2 set is ok. More damage in execute, I hope they make an adjustment to masochism though, would be a shame to lose out on the mana back.

the 4set seems pretty awesome. Will be making pretty much every MB a 3orb hit (with increased haste from the new gear too) as well as giving ES 100% uptime with far less RNG. Still seems odd they try to remove the 'rng' of shadow orbs with an 'rng' proc proccing orbs :S.

No real complaints about either set bonus. I can complain less about orbs now =] Although I partly wish that proccing an apparition would proc 1 orb (versus dealing damage proccing 3, since you all know they walk like snails).

I absolutely love the 4 piece.. Not getting a Shadow orb proc in the first few opening seconds was super annoying, and your shadow fiend is typically cast near instantly (I'd probably pop it first if these changes did get added, just so my first dots get a nice bonus)

As for the two piece, i'm assuming we're not going to use SW on cooldown still before execute range? Just a movement buff, and a nice execute buff.

4P made me pee a little, but 2P has me puzzled; what's going to happen with the Masochism talent?
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Honestly after early gearing stages using sw: d for mana regen doesn't happen much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    I think they're quite interesting. Just so people know.

Maybe now we can take 2 points from Pain and Suffering and plonk em somewhere else. Not too sure where one would put them though. Hell maybe it's best to leave the optimal spec as it is.

That 4 piece though. Shit I don't think any Spriest out there will have trouble getting orbs anymore. It seems really nice so far. I think the 4pc might get a little nerf it just seems quite over powered.
    2 Piece Bonus:

You'll still have Pain and Suffering to refresh SWP.... if anything you'd pull points from Masochism as there's no way to trigger that from swd, which for multi-target fights is a huge nerf to mana since we won't have such a short cd from shadowfiend anymore it'll be somewhat relevant again.

4 Piece Bonus:

Not as overpowered as you'd think, sure it's a damage bonus, but a lot of times i find myself with 2+ orbs up when MB comes off cd so instead of the 25% additional damage to the approximate 44% damage bonus i'm getting on average, i'll instead get a 66% bonus with much of those orb potential being wasted in waiting for MB to come off CD. The napkin math i worked through is an average MB normal hit changing from 27k to 25k.

Ergo: If these set bonus' go live I may just pick the 4 best 391 pieces from T12 and go from there...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Honestly after early gearing stages using sw: d for mana regen doesn't happen much.
    I clearly run too many rhcs

Maybe I should actually press dispersion again for something other than ignoring encounter mechanics.

Am I the only one that is seeing Mind Spike spam when our shadow fiend is up?
    With three orbs on every cast, I'm seeing incredible damage.
    Ofc, there will be a certain haste threshold that we will need to hit to have 3 orbs on every cast.
    Just a thought, standard rotation when shadow fiend is down ofc.

Deleted
    With more orbs I wonder how this will devalue haste and increase the value of mastery.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Does for multi-dot fights still, less so with the current state of Sfiend cooldowns, but when you drop that 2pc you'll feel it more when multi-dotting comes up. Reminds me of BWD where mana was a non-issue even when first starting out... except for maloriak, even in almost full 372 gear you'd still have to spam swd to keep your mana reasonable and even then I'd find myself actually using dispersion for mana if I messed up. People who commonly use dispersion for mana instead of a survival CD are kinda silly =/
    Last edited by allaiva; 2011-09-25 at 02:01 AM. Reason: removed very old sig =/

The 2 piece isn't bad I guess. It'll make swd on the run a little better and an even better execute phase. The four piece I'm not sold on though, doesn't quite seem to do a four piece justice. I have a feeling there will be a ton of wasted orb generations. More of just a quality of life set bonus rather than a 4pc worthy dps increase.