Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Resto T13 bonuses, your thoughts?

Restoration, 2P -- After using Innervate, the mana cost of your healing spells is reduced by 25% for 15 sec.
    Restoration, 4P -- Your Rejuvenation and Regrowth spells have a 10% chance to Timeslip and have double the normal duration.
    I'm a bit disappointed to be honest, none of the bonuses seems super good to me. The 2set might be somewhat worth though.

So guys, what are your thoughts?

Deleted
    AWESOME. - 10chars

I hope all these 'extra mana' set bonuses aren't a sign of things to come. Would not enjoy T13 healing reverting to "manalol, spam your big inefficient heal to victory."

I am not actually a healer, but some of what I hear suggests that once you have enough regen you should reforge throughput. This 2piece allows you to hit the regen threshold sooner, therefore I assume you can reforge spirit to throughput stats to a curtain degree.

I agree though, the 4Piece seems a bit weird.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I hope all these 'extra mana' set bonuses aren't a sign of things to come. Would not enjoy T13 healing reverting to "manalol, spam your big inefficient heal to victory."
    Well, the 2sets have always been about mana regen. I'm a bit interested to see how the 4set works out, does it refresh the whole rejuv or just double the remaining time on in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    I am not actually a healer, but some of what I hear suggests that once you have enough regen you should reforge throughput. This 2piece allows you to hit the regen threshold sooner, therefore I assume you can reforge spirit to throughput stats to a curtain degree.

I agree though, the 4Piece seems a bit weird.
    Well, it's a regen bonus vs a regen bonus. The t12 is more passive when this one only works when you innervate, and you might not get the best use of it every innervate.
    Last edited by mmoc9c50efb943; 2011-09-25 at 01:46 AM.

I like it. I have no mana issues right now, but the 2p might change the way I heal where, instead of saving innervate for when I'm <85% mana, I'd instead use it for when I use tree form/any other of my CD's during crucial parts of an encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by lywyu View Post
    AWESOME. - 10chars
    Uh, OK... Answer again when you're sober,, please.

Well, people say that Druid healing is easycake in Cataclysm raid. This lame bonus might mean it's true.

15+ Year Old Account
    the 2p looks decent enough, the 4p looks like shit. random throughput like that and it's not even a smart heal?

Quote Originally Posted by qweek View Post
    Well, the 2sets have always been about mana regen.
    What? just because 2t12 is a mana bonus and 2t13 is a mana bonus suddenly all 2p boni give mana regen?

2 pc will allow us to use innervate not only when we need mana but during intensive healing phases, we will never go oom ever

4pc seems to be 10% chance on cast to be doubled the time. i think it could use a buff to 20%

overall, the main healing change for us in 4.3 will just be use innervate different times and then reforge your spirit to haste/mastery/crit

2p is going to make me use less mana..? Daymn, I thought I wasn't topping ending a fight with 30% mana to victory enough already. That and tree form? Holy...

4p. I'm pumped to see this in action! More time to cast than just refresh.. now CAST FAST.. now refresh, refresh, refresh.. HURRY CAST! Curious to how much that 10% will actually matter.

I'm curious to see if 4 piece is 10% off of each tick of rejuv/regrowth or it's only 10% off of that particular use of the spell.

I'm assuming that Timeslip will double the maximum duration of the spell, just like if you had just cast it. (So if it's 15 seconds then Timeslip procs then it would be 30, regardless of it proccing with 2 seconds left on rejuv) This would result in a good chunk of overhealing. Who knows though. It would be pretty lame if procs with 2 seconds remaining and then only goes up to 4 seconds. I mean, every little bit counts but it seems underwhelming if it ends up this way.
    Last edited by Melodi; 2011-09-25 at 02:18 AM.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    What? just because 2t12 is a mana bonus and 2t13 is a mana bonus suddenly all 2p boni give mana regen?
    Yeah, noticed the t11 regen bonus was from the 4set, my bad. And I was thinking of cataclysm in general so I used the wrong words.
    Last edited by mmoc9c50efb943; 2011-09-25 at 02:06 AM.

I think the 4pc will be good in some situations, but in many situations it would result in more overhealing than not unless it's an AOE phase like the final phase of Beth, Rhyo, etc. It pales in initial comparison to Firebloom simply because Firebloom is more of a potential saver vs a more passive throughput gain. Will have ot see what the fights are going to be like though

are they gonna restrict healers from going 2t12 3t13 for incredible mana regen? they should

Quote Originally Posted by zearrow View Post
    are they gonna restrict healers from going 2t12 3t13 for incredible mana regen? they should

With how druids function with Intellect it will be more throughput/regen to just pick up 4t13 (talking heroic). Normal gear with heroic tier I could see it, but chances of you picking that up before you'd see the heroic tier/heroic offset is limited.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Burlacher View Post
    overall, the main healing change for us in 4.3 will just be use innervate different times and then reforge your spirit to haste/mastery/crit
    How is this different from now? With SoW + 2T12 there's no reason to not reforge out of Spirit as much as possible.

As to the bonuses, personally I see 4T12 a much nicer bonus than the 4T13. That smart heal from Swiftmend is pretty useful, and seems to end up being around 3-4% healing done on fights where it goes to use - and best of all, its smart healing. Maybe if they added some kind of "smartness" to 4T13 and added an ICD, it could become more useful (ie. extends duration after last tick if target is not at full health, 20s ICD). Other way would be to actually switch it from Rejuvenation to Wild Growth, which is smart to begin with, making overhealing less of a trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post
    I think the 4pc will be good in some situations, but in many situations it would result in more overhealing than not unless it's an AOE phase like the final phase of Beth, Rhyo, etc. It pales in initial comparison to Firebloom simply because Firebloom is more of a potential saver vs a more passive throughput gain. Will have ot see what the fights are going to be like though
    Exactly.

They seem to have done Priests a similar 4T13 bonus, but the difference is, that absorb goes to waste less often so their bonus seems better at first glance. Paladins seem to have a nicer 4-bonus as well, +20% flat out throughput to an AoE heal is excellent. Shaman's "mini bloodlust" isn't bad either, having haste on demand is always good - especially since you can couple it with the 2-bonus to get fast and efficient heals out.

Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    I'm curious to see if 4 piece is 10% off of each tick of rejuv/regrowth or it's only 10% off of that particular use of the spell.
    I'm pretty sure the length is determined once you cast the spell - the Priest bonus being almost identical would point to this as well.
    Last edited by mmoced9c7f72b6; 2011-09-25 at 08:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    2pc is same for every healer

4pc seems a bit lame, but it can mean more mana saved and blanket rejuvs. I feel like rejuv should have a 10% chance and regrowth should have like a 20% chance.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    4p -> You have now a 10% chance you will overheal with rejuv. <3 bonus!

Deleted
    They both look very bad to me, not impressed at all.

I might just stick with tier12 all the way until I start picking up some heroic t13.