Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    there are plenty of alternatives their time and money would have been better spent on

raids take a lot of time to do bro, if people cant get venoxis or jin'do right how can they hope to kill any raid boss

LFR is a contradiction. its supposed to be a tool of convenience, but it won't be

i hope this made my points clearer for you

Do you think that people don't realize they don't have to use the dungeon tool? well then i guess it's just a space-time anomaly rocket surgery thing that is just so far beyond blizzards comprehension that is causing such a high demand for tanks
    I don't know how bad you are, but I regularly take out ZG in a pug. If you aren't able to regularly, I assume the problem is with your skill, not your peers.

As I am looking forward to the feature, along with many others, it is hardly a waste of resources. Maybe they would be better put to use for you personally, but the other 10 million of us can and will find a use for it.

LFR will be the most convenient way to have a cross-server, on demand raid pug. Just because you wouldn't enjoy that experience doesn't mean it isn't convenient.

Big red letters didn't make your points any more valid, either. In fact, it simply made it easier to notice how closed minded you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

there are plenty of alternatives their time and money would have been better spent on

raids take a lot of time to do bro, if people cant get venoxis or jin'do right how can they hope to kill any raid boss

LFR is a contradiction. its supposed to be a tool of convenience, but it won't be

Do you think that people don't realize they don't have to use the dungeon tool? well then i guess it's just a space-time anomaly rocket surgery thing that is just so far beyond blizzards comprehension that is causing such a high demand for tanks
    Did I mention how I love well-put sarcasm?
    Irony rules.
    Well, we still can hope that Blizzard do not repeat the exploitation of LFD in LFR. A little.
    Or else imagine the fun of people thinking in hunt some extra set bonus gear with LFR and grouping with people that can't even finish the new 5-man.

The LFR isn't for you. They put there resources towards developing for the larger majority of players who do want to use it and have been asking for it. Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.

And this is the problem with the elitists right here. They think they're entitled to see content that other people aren't able to see simply because they don't have the same amount of free time, aren't in the right guilds, or their server simply isn't capable of supporting the raiding community these people grew up in and never had the luxury to do without.

You just had 10 months of pristine content served up on a platter for you. If you didn't like it or it was too difficult for you, that's your own problem and your time it's up. It's time for Blizzard to do something for the other 60% of the player base that aren't capable of downing Rag on normal rather than cater the entire game development towards the top 5% of raiders.

Hardcore MMOs fail for a reason: most people don't want to play them. Ever hear of Ultima Online? I'm sure you have. Ever play it? Probably not because it sucks.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

The LFR isn't for you. They put there resources towards developing for the larger majority of players who do want to use it and have been asking for it. Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    OMG I have to siggify that.
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    I don't know how bad you are, but I regularly take out ZG in a pug. If you aren't able to regularly, I assume the problem is with your skill, not your peers.
    Nope... I have a guildie healer that begs to me to play my DPS instead of my tank with her, because it's easier to group with a good tank than with good damage dealers. If we are in 4 people she allow me to tank. Lazy people think it's easier to not be noticed in DPS role, and believe me there are TONS of them around.
    As I am looking forward to the feature, along with many others, it is hardly a waste of resources. Maybe they would be better put to use for you personally, but the other 10 million of us can and will find a use for it.
    Even people talking against the implementation are looking forward to have a extra lock-out. I have been saying that for long in this thread, but looks like people can't accept it, because it would ruin their defense of Blizzard. Well, enjoy the exploits of people that waste more time trying to cheat the system to be allowed inside than they would if they did things right.
    LFR will be the most convenient way to have a cross-server, on demand raid pug. Just because you wouldn't enjoy that experience doesn't mean it isn't convenient.
    Again, it's not the problem we are bringing. How can you believe you're in an argument, if you're not even paying attention?
    Big red letters didn't make your points any more valid, either. In fact, it simply made it easier to notice how closed minded you are.
    EXACTLY, that's why it was used to show with irony that IT wouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    And this is the problem with the elitists right here. They think they're entitled to see content that other people aren't able to see simply because they don't have the same amount of free time, aren't in the right guilds, or their server simply isn't capable of supporting the raiding community these people grew up in and never had the luxury to do without.

You just had 10 months of pristine content served up on a platter for you. If you didn't like it or it was too difficult for you, that's your own problem and your time it's up. It's time for Blizzard to do something for the other 60% of the player base that aren't capable of downing Rag on normal rather than cater the entire game development towards the top 5% of raiders.

Hardcore MMOs fail for a reason: most people don't want to play them. Ever hear of Ultima Online? I'm sure you have. Ever play it? Probably not because it sucks.
    Exactly.

There is a reason WoW has millions of subs, and most people forget Vanguard was ever released. They thought the world wanted a hardcore MMO too...

Yeah... That worked well...

---------- Post added 2011-09-26 at 05:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Nope... I have a guildie healer that begs to me to play my DPS instead of my tank with her, because it's easier to group with a good tank than with good damage dealers
    I think my point is made. Thank you.

Nope... I have a guildie healer that begs to me to play my DPS instead of my tank with her, because it's easier to group with a good tank than with good damage dealers. If we are in 4 people she allow me to tank. Lazy people think it's easier to not be noticed in DPS role, and believe me there are TONS of them around.
    Funny. Cuz the resto druid and I can two-man all the fights in ZG with the exception of Zanzil. We don't even need the dps. They can show up and go afk for all I care.

Even people talking against the implementation are looking forward to have a extra lock-out. I have been saying that for long in this thread, but looks like people can't accept it, because it would ruin their defense of Blizzard. Well, enjoy the exploits of people that waste more time trying to cheat the system to be allowed inside than they would if they did things right.
    There is no lockout. You can spam run it for gear and get full 385 week 1 if you want to.

And you don't even know what the system is going to be like and what overhauls they're going to make to the existing LFD. You're simply speculating and complaining about changes that aren't meant for you and have nothing to do with you.
    Last edited by Kaeleena; 2011-09-26 at 09:50 AM.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Here is the main reason I believe they are adding this feature:

So that they dont have to slap a 15% nerf across the board to current content so that the people who just wants to see content will get to see content. This way those of us who enjoys a challenge will have that throughout and those who just wants to see content gets to do exactly that, see content.

All in all it's good for all parts.

Players have been asking for a looking for raid feature since looking for group came out all those many months ago in WOTLK. Many many players will use it, just like they use LFG, and it's most likely going to be a huge success.

Honestly, I think looking for raid is going to be a lot of fun. I enjoy dungeon crawling and killing bosses; its what I find to be enjoyable during my playtime in WOW. Right now when I'm not raiding I try to get guild mates to run 5mans or just queue up by myself. Between the new dungeons and having looking for raid I imagine that'll give players something to sink their teeth into for a good long time.

On a side note, I really wish they would apply this new way of thinking to the 5 man content. While plowing through 5 mans can be fun, I would love them to make heroic a difficult setting again, have normal be somewhat challenging, and then an easy mode for everyone else that just wants their freebies.

Funny. Cuz the resto druid and I can two-man all the fights in ZG with the exception of Zanzil. We don't even need the dps. They can show up and go afk for all I care.
    Someone came by just to answer you:

I wish I knew how something was working in the future like the OP apparently has done. Don't suppose you could share your time travel secrets with the rest of us, please?

Someone came by just to answer you:
    Dariela is right. At this point in the patch life span if you're still having trouble just eeking out a successful ZA/ZG, the problem is likely on you and your healer friend, not the groups you're with.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would be wrong to assume.

Terribly mistaken, infact.

And this is the problem with the elitists right here
    if it makes someone elitist for being tired of telling people that sitting in green shit is bad and that there are only 24 hours in one day and you'd like to spend them as well as humanly possible, then I will gladly bear the title of elitist and ridicule anyone who tries to mock it.

They think they're entitled to see content that other people aren't able to see simply because they don't have the same amount of free time, aren't in the right guilds, or their server simply isn't capable of supporting the raiding community these people grew up in and never had the luxury to do without.
    I've been in plenty of groups where it takes an hour + to run a heroic, and you actually expect a raid instance to be shorter?

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    If the LFR comes with no leadership options, unless they include a "Clippy (Microsoft (R))" many people will be wasting their times in those raids. Clippy should definately be a murloc.
    Remember Crabby, or you didn't meet him?

if it makes someone elitist for being tired of telling people that sitting in green shit is bad and that there are only 24 hours in one day and you'd like to spend them as well as humanly possible, then I will gladly bear the title of elitist and ridicule anyone who tries to mock it.
    Your terrible attitude towards a feature that'll have next to no impact on your personal gameplay says otherwise.

I've been in plenty of groups where it takes an hour + to run a heroic, and you actually expect a raid instance to be shorter?
    Shorter than what? Spamming for 3 hours to get a trade pug that simply won't be able to down raid bosses on 10 man let alone 25 man? Yeah, I'm sure it'll be infinitely shorter. Any amount of time would be shorter than impossible.
    Last edited by Kaeleena; 2011-09-26 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exera View Post
    Here is the main reason I believe they are adding this feature:

So that they dont have to slap a 15% nerf across the board to current content so that the people who just wants to see content will get to see content. This way those of us who enjoys a challenge will have that throughout and those who just wants to see content gets to do exactly that, see content.

All in all it's good for all parts.
    You are forgetting the real losers here, the forum QQer.

Every time Blizzard does something that can have a positive effect for everybody, the forum QQers need to go into overdrive to invent new and clever ways to fill the Tear Reserves. Sure, they still mostly use the old standbys, "This will ruin the game!" "Blizzard doesn't know how to make a game!" "Casuals are taking over WoW!" "Hardcores are taking over WoW!" "I'm quitting as soon as <company> releases <title>!". The effort comes from having to apply them in new and creative ways.

Now Blizzard goes and does something that can make everybody happier. Hardcores keep their raids at their difficulty, Casuals get raids for their difficulty, and content doesn't need to be nerfed over time.

So please, Blizzard, think of the QQers. Their minds are so overworked. Give them a break, please.

The only issue with the system is that it tries to go for 25 man (excluding balance). While it solves lots of DPS queue problems, it creates TONS of more due to the nature of PuG groups that has been evident since Wrath. They should've sticked with 10-man.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

This is what I'm hearing from this thread: Wahwah! Blizzard is paying attention to the casuals and the bads again that make up the majority of their player base after they essentially threw them the finger for the last 10 months! It's so NOT FAIR!

You guys want some cheese with that whine? I mean honestly. What a bunch of babies.

You would be wrong to assume.

Terribly mistaken, infact.
    Maybe, but you are the one who can't take out ZG in a pug...