Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
... LastLast
  1. #221
    If you really can't get over yourselves and avoid the arrogant belief that the raid finder is only for the "lesser skilled", then why not just avoid using it.
    If you are above us then simply do not raid with us, go with your guild and continue raiding the way you are doing currently.
    The raid finder is not primarily about the skill level, as much as that may be a consequence but for the ability to provide the raiding experience to those who otherwise cannot access it due to timing.
    I have a real life, I live with parents who have a knack of interrupting.
    Therefore I cannot raid at the usual hours.
    I welcome an opportunity to have people active and raiding at perhaps the early hours of the morning when I can play, instead of being dicated by when you normal people can.

    You currently raid without it, so can still raid without it.

  2. #222
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumikor View Post
    I already told my guild (6/7 hc) that i might leave WoW, and if Blizzard keep implanting new features without fixing all these problem, then screw it, Star Trek Online is better.
    I call troll by this statement alone. Why the hell would you worry about a PuG raid feature when you are in a HC 6/7 guild? If not troll, I call stupidity, because you seem to fail to relize that the LFraid tool does NOT stop you from NOT using it and make your own PuGs if you desperately want to PuG.

    Oh yeah..and Blizzard considers the LFD tool a succes...possibly because they have more data than you. And because they are no crybaby that thinks every little glitch makes a systema total failure. You'd probably consider life a failure because your favorite cookies were sold out one day and you had a fight with your GF the other day.

    ---------- Post added 2011-09-26 at 09:44 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumikor View Post
    I will not affect my main, it will affect my alts. can't go random to get gear, can't do raid as all the LFG they will implant will not work until they fix tons of issues.
    As I pointed out, you can. Get off your lazy arse and make groups yourself. All you do is complain that a feature that Blizzard implements for your convinience MIGHT not be perfect (you havent even tested it). Oh yeah...and how did you raid on your alts now?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    Your attitude is disgusting; why would you care for LFR [or its user base] if you are amongst the raiding elite; You can either partake in LFR, and bestow your experience when needed in the spirit of an MMO, or not use it at all.
    Why is my attitude disgusting and where did I claim to be amounst the raiding elite? If anything I am extremely average, which means I am part of the demographic that gets caught in the middle when sweeping nerfs and changes happen. For example summer raiding took a heavy tol on our raid team combined with all kinds of real life issues (we are a guild full of adults who have children and many other full time commitments) so our progress in firelands was slower than we'd like. Suddenly BAM Blizzard nerf it and we go from slow and steady progress to 1 shotting literally every boss except for Rag who went down after about an hour. We were quite happy with our slow but steady progress but then Blizzard come in and change everything so Joe "casual" who can spend hour after hour grinding ZA/ZG and idling in stormwind but can't commit to a raid schedule, can "see" the content.

    With the new LFR system they can enjoy their watered down content from day 1 and we can enjoy raiding at our own damn pace. I honestly couldn't give a monkey if we don't even clear every normal mode until the next tier of content is released, we'd like to get it done without Blizzard's "helping" hand.

  4. #224
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    The loot is shittier
    I didn't think 10 man loot could get any shittier than it already is (i mean really i love raiding for shards)... but what? I haven't heard.

    But people have alts. It's easy to see why anyone would be frustrated with the feature, especially if they think that there is something more critical that should be improved on instead of expanding on lookingforderps. This entire expansion has been a disappointment so far, I could think of quite a few things that I'd rather have than yet another feature that encourages and coddles antisocial behavior.
    You get a thumbs up, pat on the back and a "way to go" from your label every day, looking boy
    Hey, looking boy, what you say looking boy? I get a "hell yeah" from Dre, looking boy
    I work for everything I have, never asked nobody for shit. Get outta my face, looking boy


  5. #225
    The Patient MephistoXVIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    302
    Blahblahblah, skip 10 pages.

    I see it as another way to make the game a streamlined process to which candy is handed out by the bucket load to whoever asks. It's good to see so many good little boys and girls line up politely for their candy with well maintained enthusiasm and a discipline that would shock soldiers. It's the halfwits the OP mentioned that would have severely increased the ratio of ruler beatings per school if the country weren't so wussified. A Warlock with Spirit, Agility and Strength. I didn't think that was possible. Even if this new Casual's Raid System chews up raid difficulty and spits it out like a regurgitated marshmellow, even the dumbest person can make the softest thing that much harder to enjoy. I believe that's the main point. Blizzard hasn't made its content idiot proof, which is a fairly arrogant thing to say. Fortunately it's not coming from my mouth (first), but if you're offended by that statement, you're probably not one of the idiots, or possibly the smartest idiot out of the bunch.

    Now stepping out of the line of idiot bashing to wash up, the feature is good. It's a good feature, I said it, the pessimist said something nice and it can be put on record. When the Battlground queueing system was implimented, it was awesome (then it brutally raped and murdered classic AV but that's a different story), and when LFD was released, it was the greatest thing ever. It cut out the middle man of spending a day and half trying to convice people to join group with you to go somewhere they had little reason to otherwise while carefully picking your four-man roster so that ideally you will not have to fight against anyone for loot. LFR is not going to remove the pisstaking of finding and joining a guild so you can be berrated for every given misstep, but it can prepare you for the cruelty of the mediocrity that comes along with it. Plus it will hopefully make dead the year long process of finding a godforsaken NINE other people instead of four. For low population servers anyway. It'll also be a lot more anonymous and that's sometimes good, apparently, as I'm told PvP servers have a way of rooster-blocking the progress of idiots (in a process I would normally call trimming the weeds) in that they require the newbs trying to apply for PuGs to proove they've already done it without a guild. Which is really only wishful thinking that the server first guilds would have someone who was benched and therefore pissed at his guild and in a rebellious teenager fit decides to run with the underdog that turns out to be a bunch of potheads who keyboard turn.

    GG! Have fun playing.
    Last edited by MephistoXVIII; 2011-09-26 at 08:34 AM.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

  6. #226
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    But people have alts. It's easy to see why anyone would be frustrated with the feature, especially if they think that there is something more critical that should be improved on instead of expanding on lookingforderps. This entire expansion has been a disappointment so far, I could think of quite a few things that I'd rather have than yet another feature that encourages and coddles antisocial behavior.
    I will keep bashing my head against the idiocy and shortsightedness of people until it bleeds.

    YOU DONT HAVE TO USE THE FEATURE

    YOU CAN STILL MAKE YOUR OWN ALT RAIDS

    IT WORKED BEFORE; JUST SHOW SOME BLEEDING INITIATIVE

    But no..it is easier to bash Blizzard, call the community derps and be generally negative. The problem is not players who are casual or even bad, the problem are arrogant people like the ones that seem to populate these forums a lot lately.
    Last edited by Aciaedius; 2011-09-26 at 04:40 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  7. #227
    In the group is a warlock, spirit gear, agility, pvp with stamina, strength and dodge, no enchants no reforging.
    Stopped reading. The only gear a warlock can wear that has agility, excessive stam, strength, and dodge are trinkets and they couldn't hold that many stats. The green pieces he *might* have had wouldn't be high enough iLevel to get him into a ZA/ZG. This guys angry and throwing out BS on top of his rant to try and give it credit.

    Take it from someone who used to run upwards of 10 LFDs a day. They're more consistently good and average than bad and the LFR system will in all likleyness be the same.

  8. #228
    It may well fail. At first. then Blizz will hotfix, patch and redesign and then people will look back and remember how they first got into raiding and be glad they got to experience raid content without having to link achievements. It is designed for casuals and, to a lesser extent, alts. People in raiding guilds really shouldn't care.

  9. #229
    Well I can tell you this for certain.

    If Blizzard comes around here trying to implant me with the LFR, I'm calling the cops.

    Back OT: LFR obviously isn't for you in the first place. If you are upset because your alts will "have" to use LFR to gear "efficently" I guess I'm going to have to refer you the the standard hardcore player arguement. You don't deserve the reward if you don't run the content. Sucks when you reap what you sow.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

    http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

  10. #230
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,804
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    you dont have to use the feature

    you can still make your own alt raids

    it worked before; just show some bleeding initiative

    but no..it is easier to bash blizzard, call the community derps and be generally negative. The problem is not players who are casual or even bad, the problem are arrogant people like the ones that seem to populate these forums a lot lately.
    there are plenty of alternatives their time and money would have been better spent on

    raids take a lot of time to do bro, if people cant get venoxis or jin'do right how can they hope to kill any raid boss

    LFR is a contradiction. its supposed to be a tool of convenience, but it won't be

    i hope this made my points clearer for you

    Do you think that people don't realize they don't have to use the dungeon tool? well then i guess it's just a space-time anomaly rocket surgery thing that is just so far beyond blizzards comprehension that is causing such a high demand for tanks
    Last edited by Aciaedius; 2011-09-26 at 04:40 PM.
    You get a thumbs up, pat on the back and a "way to go" from your label every day, looking boy
    Hey, looking boy, what you say looking boy? I get a "hell yeah" from Dre, looking boy
    I work for everything I have, never asked nobody for shit. Get outta my face, looking boy


  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    there are plenty of alternatives their time and money would have been better spent on

    raids take a lot of time to do bro, if people cant get venoxis or jin'do right how can they hope to kill any raid boss

    LFR is a contradiction. its supposed to be a tool of convenience, but it won't be

    i hope this made my points clearer for you

    Do you think that people don't realize they don't have to use the dungeon tool? well then i guess it's just a space-time anomaly rocket surgery thing that is just so far beyond blizzards comprehension that is causing such a high demand for tanks
    I don't know how bad you are, but I regularly take out ZG in a pug. If you aren't able to regularly, I assume the problem is with your skill, not your peers.

    As I am looking forward to the feature, along with many others, it is hardly a waste of resources. Maybe they would be better put to use for you personally, but the other 10 million of us can and will find a use for it.

    LFR will be the most convenient way to have a cross-server, on demand raid pug. Just because you wouldn't enjoy that experience doesn't mean it isn't convenient.

    Big red letters didn't make your points any more valid, either. In fact, it simply made it easier to notice how closed minded you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

    http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    there are plenty of alternatives their time and money would have been better spent on

    raids take a lot of time to do bro, if people cant get venoxis or jin'do right how can they hope to kill any raid boss

    LFR is a contradiction. its supposed to be a tool of convenience, but it won't be

    i hope this made my points clearer for you

    Do you think that people don't realize they don't have to use the dungeon tool? well then i guess it's just a space-time anomaly rocket surgery thing that is just so far beyond blizzards comprehension that is causing such a high demand for tanks
    Did I mention how I love well-put sarcasm?
    Irony rules.
    Well, we still can hope that Blizzard do not repeat the exploitation of LFD in LFR. A little.
    Or else imagine the fun of people thinking in hunt some extra set bonus gear with LFR and grouping with people that can't even finish the new 5-man.

  13. #233
    Do you think that people don't realize they don't have to use the dungeon tool? well then i guess it's just a space-time anomaly rocket surgery thing that is just so far beyond blizzards comprehension that is causing such a high demand for tanks
    The LFR isn't for you. They put there resources towards developing for the larger majority of players who do want to use it and have been asking for it. Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    there are plenty of alternatives their time and money would have been better spent on
    raids take a lot of time to do bro, if people cant get venoxis or jin'do right how can they hope to kill any raid boss

    LFR is a contradiction. its supposed to be a tool of convenience, but it won't be

    i hope this made my points clearer for you

    Do you think that people don't realize they don't have to use the dungeon tool? well then i guess it's just a space-time anomaly rocket surgery thing that is just so far beyond blizzards comprehension that is causing such a high demand for tanks
    And this is the problem with the elitists right here. They think they're entitled to see content that other people aren't able to see simply because they don't have the same amount of free time, aren't in the right guilds, or their server simply isn't capable of supporting the raiding community these people grew up in and never had the luxury to do without.

    You just had 10 months of pristine content served up on a platter for you. If you didn't like it or it was too difficult for you, that's your own problem and your time it's up. It's time for Blizzard to do something for the other 60% of the player base that aren't capable of downing Rag on normal rather than cater the entire game development towards the top 5% of raiders.

    Hardcore MMOs fail for a reason: most people don't want to play them. Ever hear of Ultima Online? I'm sure you have. Ever play it? Probably not because it sucks.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.


  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    The LFR isn't for you. They put there resources towards developing for the larger majority of players who do want to use it and have been asking for it. Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    OMG I have to siggify that.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

    http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    I don't know how bad you are, but I regularly take out ZG in a pug. If you aren't able to regularly, I assume the problem is with your skill, not your peers.
    Nope... I have a guildie healer that begs to me to play my DPS instead of my tank with her, because it's easier to group with a good tank than with good damage dealers. If we are in 4 people she allow me to tank. Lazy people think it's easier to not be noticed in DPS role, and believe me there are TONS of them around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    As I am looking forward to the feature, along with many others, it is hardly a waste of resources. Maybe they would be better put to use for you personally, but the other 10 million of us can and will find a use for it.
    Even people talking against the implementation are looking forward to have a extra lock-out. I have been saying that for long in this thread, but looks like people can't accept it, because it would ruin their defense of Blizzard. Well, enjoy the exploits of people that waste more time trying to cheat the system to be allowed inside than they would if they did things right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    LFR will be the most convenient way to have a cross-server, on demand raid pug. Just because you wouldn't enjoy that experience doesn't mean it isn't convenient.
    Again, it's not the problem we are bringing. How can you believe you're in an argument, if you're not even paying attention?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    Big red letters didn't make your points any more valid, either. In fact, it simply made it easier to notice how closed minded you are.
    EXACTLY, that's why it was used to show with irony that IT wouldn't work.

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    And this is the problem with the elitists right here. They think they're entitled to see content that other people aren't able to see simply because they don't have the same amount of free time, aren't in the right guilds, or their server simply isn't capable of supporting the raiding community these people grew up in and never had the luxury to do without.

    You just had 10 months of pristine content served up on a platter for you. If you didn't like it or it was too difficult for you, that's your own problem and your time it's up. It's time for Blizzard to do something for the other 60% of the player base that aren't capable of downing Rag on normal rather than cater the entire game development towards the top 5% of raiders.

    Hardcore MMOs fail for a reason: most people don't want to play them. Ever hear of Ultima Online? I'm sure you have. Ever play it? Probably not because it sucks.
    Exactly.

    There is a reason WoW has millions of subs, and most people forget Vanguard was ever released. They thought the world wanted a hardcore MMO too...

    Yeah... That worked well...

    ---------- Post added 2011-09-26 at 05:42 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Nope... I have a guildie healer that begs to me to play my DPS instead of my tank with her, because it's easier to group with a good tank than with good damage dealers
    I think my point is made. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

    http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Nope... I have a guildie healer that begs to me to play my DPS instead of my tank with her, because it's easier to group with a good tank than with good damage dealers. If we are in 4 people she allow me to tank. Lazy people think it's easier to not be noticed in DPS role, and believe me there are TONS of them around.
    Funny. Cuz the resto druid and I can two-man all the fights in ZG with the exception of Zanzil. We don't even need the dps. They can show up and go afk for all I care.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Even people talking against the implementation are looking forward to have a extra lock-out. I have been saying that for long in this thread, but looks like people can't accept it, because it would ruin their defense of Blizzard. Well, enjoy the exploits of people that waste more time trying to cheat the system to be allowed inside than they would if they did things right.
    There is no lockout. You can spam run it for gear and get full 385 week 1 if you want to.

    And you don't even know what the system is going to be like and what overhauls they're going to make to the existing LFD. You're simply speculating and complaining about changes that aren't meant for you and have nothing to do with you.
    Last edited by Kaeleena; 2011-09-26 at 09:50 AM.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.


  19. #239
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow.
    Posts
    1,966
    Here is the main reason I believe they are adding this feature:

    So that they dont have to slap a 15% nerf across the board to current content so that the people who just wants to see content will get to see content. This way those of us who enjoys a challenge will have that throughout and those who just wants to see content gets to do exactly that, see content.

    All in all it's good for all parts.

  20. #240
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    175
    Players have been asking for a looking for raid feature since looking for group came out all those many months ago in WOTLK. Many many players will use it, just like they use LFG, and it's most likely going to be a huge success.

    Honestly, I think looking for raid is going to be a lot of fun. I enjoy dungeon crawling and killing bosses; its what I find to be enjoyable during my playtime in WOW. Right now when I'm not raiding I try to get guild mates to run 5mans or just queue up by myself. Between the new dungeons and having looking for raid I imagine that'll give players something to sink their teeth into for a good long time.

    On a side note, I really wish they would apply this new way of thinking to the 5 man content. While plowing through 5 mans can be fun, I would love them to make heroic a difficult setting again, have normal be somewhat challenging, and then an easy mode for everyone else that just wants their freebies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •