Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The only issue with the system is that it tries to go for 25 man (excluding balance). While it solves lots of DPS queue problems, it creates TONS of more due to the nature of PuG groups that has been evident since Wrath. They should've sticked with 10-man.
    I've seen MMOs implement a revive system where if you use the "revive skill" within 10 seconds of a player dying you can save them from death. It really makes large scale pugging bearable. It creates a challenge for the players that really know what they're doing when they have to go save someone, and it helps the players who need a crutch.

It's something I'd like to see implemented in the LFR system.

After all the LFR system should be for players that just want to turn on WoW join a raid and quit in an hour or so. LFR should be a mindless hack and slash with very little thought put to strategic gameplay. Damage should be dealt out but easily healed. Tanking should be glorified DPSing. And DPSing should literally be, "does it have a red bar above it's head, kill it." Stay out of fire mechanics are welcome in the LFR system, but they should be very forgiving hopefully. I would expect to be able to stand in fire for a good 6 seconds before dying, and my screen should flash red. It would really pay homage to the way games are currently geared towards casual play. Think about the last single player game you played, where you didn't have ample time to get out of bad stuff when your screen flashed red? Why can't WoW give casuals this in a raid. I think LFR can deliver this and I hope it will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    Your terrible attitude towards a feature that'll have next to no impact on your personal gameplay says otherwise.
    again; players have alts. They will play them.

It's really not that funny when you can get naked and outdps everyone in the group. I mean it is, for like the first 5 minutes before you drop group, but not really.

Shorter than what? Spamming for 3 hours to get a trade pug that simply won't be able to down raid bosses on 10 man let alone 25 man? Yeah, I'm sure it'll be infinitely shorter. Any amount of time would be shorter than impossible.
    psssh 3 hours? casuals don't have 3 hours to play this game, much less the 15 minutes and raid awareness required to get through an encounter!

if they miss their DPS dungeon queue they just smoke a fat pound of grass and watch some aqua teen hunger force. or do something important, like get laid or pick their kids up.

But i'll just reiterate; i really don't give a shit.

LFR will be a shit feature that was meant to be convenient, but won't be, like the DF, and the only time a good player is going to use it is when they need something off a specific sub-tier raid boss or to make some parses. maybe to play the game with some friends if you can organize cross-realm raid groups, but I doubt it. very highly.

an all warrior forums realID raid would be hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    Maybe, but you are the one who can't take out ZG in a pug...
    I don't always play on my Warrior and wreck the shit out of chains with 100k+ crits. =|
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2011-09-26 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    The only issue with the system is that it tries to go for 25 man (excluding balance). While it solves lots of DPS queue problems, it creates TONS of more due to the nature of PuG groups that has been evident since Wrath. They should've sticked with 10-man.
    I think that, not only did they choose 25 man for queue reasons, they chose 25 because its a lot easier to carry dead weight in 25 man. 25 man can hold a higher ratio of good/bad players.

It's going to be 12-15 or so decent players and 10-13 "bads" running thru a glorified 5 man that looks like the current raid tier. It will work just as well as LFD does now, considering most of the time its 2-3 good players and a couple people that may as well not even have showed up.

And, if for some reason its *STILL* to hard, relief is only a hotfix away. LFR will succeed, because it will be catered to the audience that wants and needs it. Hell, I don't need it and I'm still planning on using the hell out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Dariela is right. At this point in the patch life span if you're still having trouble just eeking out a successful ZA/ZG, the problem is likely on you and your healer friend, not the groups you're with.
    Yeah... So, you're saying there is no need for damage dealers... at all?Just do some heroics, buy everything JP allow you, and you're set just barging Zandalari with a tank and a healer...
    OK... I can't even imagine where I start to try to understand you both... Perhaps I should ask some Men in White Coats, that are more familiar with people like you, for some pointers.

For the state wow is in it's a great addition. If this was implemented in vanilla then I would have bitched about it. But with a messed up community and zero 'bonding' on realms anymore, this will be a great way for non-raiders to do something else than just fooking ZA and ZG. Sure it will have flaws, but meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Yeah... So, you're saying there is no need for damage dealers... at all?Just do some heroics, buy everything JP allow you, and you're set just barging Zandalari with a tank and a healer...
    OK... I can't even imagine where I start to try to understand you both... Perhaps I should ask some Men in White Coats, that are more familiar with people like you, for some pointers.
    Well, I don't have any clue about duoing it, leave me out of that part. The fact still remains that at this stage of the game if you are having problems pugging Z*s, I feel sorry for you. Luck of the Draw, weeks and weeks of t12 gearing, etc...

Your average LFD pug takes out ZG now. They can often do the bear run in ZA, too. I'm simply stating that if you think LFR will fail because your pugs can't do ZG, then you must be missing something. Pugs do clear ZG, and mighty quickly.

If you can't clear ZG in a pug, then sure, I can see LFR being a nightmare for you. Fortunatly, most of us won't have as many problems.
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

Then do not make topics like this. You still hang around after 13 pages, viciously attacking a tool that isn't even implemented with contradicting statements. You want a perfect tool that groups your alt as a perfect raid experienced player with other perfect players. It is called "making alt raids with friends and other guildies or people from other raidforces" and people have done that for ages. Hell...we raided on our mains AND alts in our own guild since TBC.
    You are behaving like an egocentric spoiled brat.

If you don't give a shit, begone already.
    Det, as always, you are my hero.

Det for Warchief!

Deleted
    The only thing i dont understand is why some people can be upset with a thing they havent tryed yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Luckily it is not YOUR decision how Blizzard spends their time and money.
    Likewise; luckily it is not THEIR decision how I spend my time and money. (and before anyone is "LOL U QUIT BECAUSE OF LFR? U PROBABLY SUCK ANYWAY", lol no)

Thank fuck for that.

As for everything else, what the f*** does it matter to you how everybody else spends their time and it is bloody well none of your business
    When you waste my time, you make it my business.

There are plenty of players who feel the same way, but where is our tool, you know, Elite Dungeon/Raid Finder? I'll tell you why we don't have one, because everyone would, in actuality, start calling LFD looking for derps because players who couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag would complain that they can't have good groups.

Which is just as bad. But only by a little bit.

Then do not make topics like this. You still hang around after 13 pages, viciously attacking a tool that isn't even implemented with contradicting statements. You want a perfect tool that groups your alt as a perfect raid experienced player with other perfect players.
    I gave an opinion and posted it. Believe it or not, that is a very common way to start a discussion on a message board. I'm just telling you that you are sadly mistaken if you think that I really give a shit about LFR. I already don't use the dungeon finder because it's useless, I doubt that I am going to find much use in the raid finder.

But you're the only one attacking anyone here.

If you don't want someone to call you a jackass, you shouldn't provoke them just because you don't have the mental capacity to accept that other people have different opinions and have a faith that you can't just shit on to satisfy your adolescent desires. Like there's such a thing as "winning" an argument and there's some kind of magical reward you receive when the other user fucks off.

Get mad son, get mad.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2011-09-26 at 10:39 AM.

Curse those people with bad gear trying to gear up by actually doing stuff! Its not like you went through that process yourself.

All of you are arguing over the rights of randomly bad casual players to raid in the LFR system which will be added to the game exactly for that reason: So people without the commitment to actually raid normal modes and then heroic modes like a normal raider does, will have a chance to experience an easy-mode raid with 24 other randomly generated people who could either be in full 391 ilvl gear, full ruthless, or quest greens.

I don't understand why are all of you complaining about it. You don't like it, don't use it. You didn't have this system until now, so you either did raids with your guild, didn't raid, or raided with PUGs which is almost the same thing.

If you are raiding heroic modes, or even steamrolling normal modes, why do you EVEN care if bad players will have a special random raid for themselves to farm some ego boost and scrub-epeen? Keep raiding with your guild.

If you care so much just because your alts, which aren't invited to guild raids because they are alts and probably not up to par with main chars or just simply sucky, will be stuck with other alts, bad players, and overall people who aren't raiding normal/HCs, then WHY DO YOU CRY? You aren't doing those either on your alt. Go make alt run in your guild if the system is too bad.

Seriously, its so horrible to see all you angsty self-proclaimed elitist people go nuts over a system which shouldn't affect you one bit if you're half as good as you think you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Likewise; luckily it is not THEIR decision how I spend my time and money. (and before anyone is "LOL U QUIT BECAUSE OF LFR? U PROBABLY SUCK ANYWAY", lol no)

Thank fuck for that.

When you waste my time, you make it my business.

There are plenty of players who feel the same way, but where is our tool, you know, Elite Dungeon/Raid Finder? I'll tell you why we don't have one, because everyone would, in actuality, start calling LFD looking for derps because players who couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag would complain that they can't have good groups.

Which is just as bad. But only by a little bit.
    So, you are saying LFR is wasting your time? Really? ... ... ...

But, complaining loudly on a forum about a feature that has not been released, with little to no info on how it will really work, and have already stated that you didn't need to use... That's not a waste of your time?

How exactly is it wasting your time, other then getting you into such a nerdrage that you come to the forums and act like a jackass?

Blizzard isn't wasting your time, you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    psssh 3 hours? casuals don't have 3 hours to play this game, much less the 15 minutes and raid awareness required to get through an encounter!

if they miss their DPS dungeon queue they just smoke a fat pound of grass and watch some aqua teen hunger force. or do something important, like get laid or pick their kids up.

But i'll just reiterate; i really don't give a shit.

LFR will be a shit feature that was meant to be convenient, but won't be, like the DF, and the only time a good player is going to use it is when they need something off a specific sub-tier raid boss or to make some parses. maybe to play the game with some friends if you can organize cross-realm raid groups, but I doubt it. very highly.

an all warrior forums realID raid would be hilarious
    You jelly? You jelly? Yeah, you jelly someone besides you is getting some much needed attention from Blizzard. Don't worry though. Much like the spoiled brat at Day Care trying to hog all the toys and throwing a tantrum when the teachers force them to share the toys with the other kids, Blizzard will teach you to share too and realize that this is an mmorpg and the entire game isn't centered around you and the elitist crowd, though I'm sure you dream that it does every night. Don't worry though. You'll get through this. Blizzard will be there for you to hold your little hand and comfort you with you with the little heroic tag and the higher number when your look at your gear and you'll deal with it like a big boy.

You'll still feel like an internet badass even though you're probably the biggest basement dwelling momma's boy in the world.

I reiterate with hilarious laughter, if you're still having trouble pugging ZA/ZG in LFD it's because your personal skill level isn't as high as it could be and you come here on the forums and nerdrage about it, which also roughly translates into the fact that you're probably being carried through heroic content in the guild you're currently in. Don't worry though, most people are getting carried and are just along for the ride.

How's being stuck at 6/7H post nerf working out for you?

User was infracted for this post. - Herecius
    Last edited by Herecius; 2011-09-26 at 02:03 PM.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

A Warlock that somehow manages to wear str / doge gear. As a cloth class. Cool story.

Anyway, this content will probably be so faceroll that it hardly matters if a dps goes afk, which is the majority of players in a group anyway. If a tank goes afk or sucks to much, there's 24 other people who can vote on him/her and kick. Easy to implement something like, 15+ votes gets you kicked or whatever.

If anything, I can see this larger 25 pug size being better than the 5 man version, simply because the vote system has more room to be balanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be fine as long as there's no 30min cd debuff for when you quit one

Deleted
    I don't know if that has been said in this 14 pages, but despite the fact bad or not blizzard will implement this future.
    All I want to say about it is : God help the raid leader which need to put up with 24 ppls which enter the bloody raid with pvp gear "just to see it" and "just to learn" rofl........

Quote Originally Posted by Synchro View Post
    I don't know if that has been said in this 14 pages, but despite the fact bad or not blizzard will implement this future.
    All I want to say about it is : God help the raid leader which need to put up with 24 ppls which enter the bloody raid with pvp gear "just to see it" and "just to learn" rofl........
    Ahhh, but what glory to the raid leader that can manage it!

Deleted
    For all those people saying "its EZmode you cant possibly fail" I reply... Second boss of BRC the one where 3 people have to block the beams till it stacks to 80. We are talking about a heroic dungeon that rewards blue gear, and yet every time I get this dungeon on LFD Ithe grp has an average turnover of 6 people. that is 6 new people from an original group of 5. what kind of turnover is there gonna be in LFR where every fight will have wipes based on people not understanding the mechanics of the fight not that they fail at attaining a certain dps/hps

I've nothing against LFR, think is a good idea thoug I'll porbably won't use it, but why in the hell is this only for 25 raids?

-Hey guys let's do a LFR tool
    -Yeah great idea, but will this not be a little chaotic?
    -Sure but this will only be for 25 man raid
    -.... huh..... what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
    But is the best way really to lower stuff down to the baddies level? Isn't it better to have a higher bar so that they have to improve to do it?
    Considering that people who solely do LFR get the lowest ilvl raid gear . . . no, it isn't a bad thing to bring it down to "their" level.
    Putin khuliyo