Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by banur View Post
    Sure, it is better than nothing but it won't be available for 10 mans, so you group with 18 other people through LFR.
    How high is the chance that some of them won't have a clue how to play? I'm sure that you would take the lead and yell at the baddies to get the raid done but how long until you get annoyed?
    CC? Unlikely to last long. Kicking important spells? Please announce first, scramble to kick yourself, yell why no one is kicking. Raid mechanics? At least I had chicken.
    That is of course the worst case and if CC/kicks/mechanics have a meaning.
    Yes, there will be pleasant groups with dedicated players, but how many baddies got carried in the process which will then try to leech from normal mode guilds?

A harder game is more challenging. Overcoming that challenge is the fun. It requires that you improve your gameplay, that you fight for every boss kill.
    So normal and heroic will fufill that challenge for "you", correct?

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    I'm afraid that those LFR raids will either be extreamly easy or you'll wipe there gazillion of times. No vent communication, people don't know eachother.. Even doing nerfed T11 is soo easier with voice communication...
    Though I'm interested how will they implement it. The worst case scenario - I won't use it, don't really have problem with it.
    Also I'm wondering if you;ll be able to queue in LFD with a group (prolly yes). Then it won't be that bad - get like 8/10 people in your realm the regular way, then just queue and get last 2..? Or even get full raid of pugs from trade and queue for raid this group might do - easier raid requiring less skill/gear/communication.. And doing it this way - you controll who you get into your group, what gear they have etc.
    It might work, it might not, depends on maaany factors, starting with Blizzs implementation, community and how they use it etc..
    You do realize the game has built-in voice chat right? If people refuse to listen, boot them.
    Playing since Patch 1.11 (Draenor & Icecrown - PvE).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vazhra View Post
    You do realize the game has built-in voice chat right? If people refuse to listen, boot them.
    And you know there will be tons of ppl that refuse. All of the "Don't tell me how to play elitist d-bag! Are you paying my $15 a month?!?!" people are in there for a reason.

Star Trek online is better, rofl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vazhra View Post
    In-game voice chat is one of the failest things blizz has ever released. I've used it once and after seeing how horrible it was i've never used it since.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

LFR will likely be a joke in difficulty. Hard at first, but they'll make the ilvl requirement pretty high at first to compensate. Stop complaining about new features. No one is forcing you to use them.

I'm interested to see if any of these super awesome raiders will jump in to jump into LFR to teach these "baddies" to become "goodies" or if they'll just sit by and watch them crash and burn over the official forums and sit back chanting "I told you so, I told you so" instead of taking part in the MMO aspect of this game.

I know I wont be jumping into LFR to do it, but I'm sure the self-rightous have something to prove.

Deleted
    LFR makes me want to puke. They are apparently going to use the horrible, horrible loot system that they use in 5mans.

In the 5man queue : As a hunter, I can roll need on tank 1-handed swords. I can need on strength rings. I can need on strength backs.

Plate healer/DPS can roll need on the tanking plate. Tanks can roll need on the plate DPS and tank paladins can also roll need on the plate healing gear.

I was in a 5man once with a loser who needed on the epic BOE drops, this was AFTER they soulbind to you, simply to vendor them. Didn't care if he was vendoring upgrades. When there's no real consequences and no real protection for the rest of us, that is what you get.

What a tremendous pile of horrible shit they are making, in the context of if this thing gets used in the way they seem to want it to be.

I don't understand what is wrong in someone's mind that they want to set up an LFR system this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    LFR makes me want to puke. They are apparently going to use the horrible, horrible loot system that they use in 5mans.

In the 5man queue : As a hunter, I can roll need on tank 1-handed swords. I can need on strength rings. I can need on strength backs.

Plate healer/DPS can roll need on the tanking plate. Tanks can roll need on the plate DPS and tank paladins can also roll need on the plate healing gear.

I was in a 5man once with a loser who needed on the epic BOE drops, this was AFTER they soulbind to you, simply to vendor them. Didn't care if he was vendoring upgrades. When there's no real consequences and no real protection for the rest of us, that is what you get.

What a tremendous pile of horrible shit they are making, in the context of if this thing gets used in the way they seem to want it to be.

I don't understand what is wrong in someone's mind that they want to set up an LFR system this way.
    And no lock out means you can endlessly farm until you actually get what you want. Who knows, maybe they'll change it so Agi based classes can't roll on anything that has strength, though unlikely.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

I understand your frustration, but it seems that your only gripe is with the current loot system... not with the new LFR option.
    Last edited by Toggol; 2011-09-25 at 11:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes me feel terrible that the community destroys a tool designed to allow players to see content before it is even implemented.

If you get ninjaed, just run the instance again.

The super awesome raiders will use the tool as a 25-man group to learn encounters before attempting them on Normal mode.

If you can't boot people now, don't expect to be able to boot them in the Raid Finder. Assume that the kicking system will be the same as the Dungeon Finder.

Porkus, your post (#201) is disgusting and as pessimistic as can be. Lighten up, and realise that they wouldn't implement a tool with zero difficulty.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Porkus View Post
    What I am crossing my fingers for is that basically all the self proclaimed "casuals" who can't commit to raiding but still feel that their subscription fee entitles them to it, will be happy to spaz around in the LFR so they "see" the content and get their money's worth.
    Your attitude is disgusting; why would you care for LFR [or its user base] if you are amongst the raiding elite; You can either partake in LFR, and bestow your experience when needed in the spirit of an MMO, or not use it at all.

Where did Blizzard confirm that ?

If you really can't get over yourselves and avoid the arrogant belief that the raid finder is only for the "lesser skilled", then why not just avoid using it.
    If you are above us then simply do not raid with us, go with your guild and continue raiding the way you are doing currently.
    The raid finder is not primarily about the skill level, as much as that may be a consequence but for the ability to provide the raiding experience to those who otherwise cannot access it due to timing.
    I have a real life, I live with parents who have a knack of interrupting.
    Therefore I cannot raid at the usual hours.
    I welcome an opportunity to have people active and raiding at perhaps the early hours of the morning when I can play, instead of being dicated by when you normal people can.

You currently raid without it, so can still raid without it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    Your attitude is disgusting; why would you care for LFR [or its user base] if you are amongst the raiding elite; You can either partake in LFR, and bestow your experience when needed in the spirit of an MMO, or not use it at all.
    Why is my attitude disgusting and where did I claim to be amounst the raiding elite? If anything I am extremely average, which means I am part of the demographic that gets caught in the middle when sweeping nerfs and changes happen. For example summer raiding took a heavy tol on our raid team combined with all kinds of real life issues (we are a guild full of adults who have children and many other full time commitments) so our progress in firelands was slower than we'd like. Suddenly BAM Blizzard nerf it and we go from slow and steady progress to 1 shotting literally every boss except for Rag who went down after about an hour. We were quite happy with our slow but steady progress but then Blizzard come in and change everything so Joe "casual" who can spend hour after hour grinding ZA/ZG and idling in stormwind but can't commit to a raid schedule, can "see" the content.

With the new LFR system they can enjoy their watered down content from day 1 and we can enjoy raiding at our own damn pace. I honestly couldn't give a monkey if we don't even clear every normal mode until the next tier of content is released, we'd like to get it done without Blizzard's "helping" hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    The loot is shittier
    I didn't think 10 man loot could get any shittier than it already is (i mean really i love raiding for shards)... but what? I haven't heard.

But people have alts. It's easy to see why anyone would be frustrated with the feature, especially if they think that there is something more critical that should be improved on instead of expanding on lookingforderps. This entire expansion has been a disappointment so far, I could think of quite a few things that I'd rather have than yet another feature that encourages and coddles antisocial behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blahblahblah, skip 10 pages.

I see it as another way to make the game a streamlined process to which candy is handed out by the bucket load to whoever asks. It's good to see so many good little boys and girls line up politely for their candy with well maintained enthusiasm and a discipline that would shock soldiers. It's the halfwits the OP mentioned that would have severely increased the ratio of ruler beatings per school if the country weren't so wussified. A Warlock with Spirit, Agility and Strength. I didn't think that was possible. Even if this new Casual's Raid System chews up raid difficulty and spits it out like a regurgitated marshmellow, even the dumbest person can make the softest thing that much harder to enjoy. I believe that's the main point. Blizzard hasn't made its content idiot proof, which is a fairly arrogant thing to say. Fortunately it's not coming from my mouth (first), but if you're offended by that statement, you're probably not one of the idiots, or possibly the smartest idiot out of the bunch.

Now stepping out of the line of idiot bashing to wash up, the feature is good. It's a good feature, I said it, the pessimist said something nice and it can be put on record. When the Battlground queueing system was implimented, it was awesome (then it brutally raped and murdered classic AV but that's a different story), and when LFD was released, it was the greatest thing ever. It cut out the middle man of spending a day and half trying to convice people to join group with you to go somewhere they had little reason to otherwise while carefully picking your four-man roster so that ideally you will not have to fight against anyone for loot. LFR is not going to remove the pisstaking of finding and joining a guild so you can be berrated for every given misstep, but it can prepare you for the cruelty of the mediocrity that comes along with it. Plus it will hopefully make dead the year long process of finding a godforsaken NINE other people instead of four. For low population servers anyway. It'll also be a lot more anonymous and that's sometimes good, apparently, as I'm told PvP servers have a way of rooster-blocking the progress of idiots (in a process I would normally call trimming the weeds) in that they require the newbs trying to apply for PuGs to proove they've already done it without a guild. Which is really only wishful thinking that the server first guilds would have someone who was benched and therefore pissed at his guild and in a rebellious teenager fit decides to run with the underdog that turns out to be a bunch of potheads who keyboard turn.

GG! Have fun playing.
    Last edited by MephistoXVIII; 2011-09-26 at 08:34 AM.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

In the group is a warlock, spirit gear, agility, pvp with stamina, strength and dodge, no enchants no reforging.
    Stopped reading. The only gear a warlock can wear that has agility, excessive stam, strength, and dodge are trinkets and they couldn't hold that many stats. The green pieces he *might* have had wouldn't be high enough iLevel to get him into a ZA/ZG. This guys angry and throwing out BS on top of his rant to try and give it credit.

Take it from someone who used to run upwards of 10 LFDs a day. They're more consistently good and average than bad and the LFR system will in all likleyness be the same.

It may well fail. At first. then Blizz will hotfix, patch and redesign and then people will look back and remember how they first got into raiding and be glad they got to experience raid content without having to link achievements. It is designed for casuals and, to a lesser extent, alts. People in raiding guilds really shouldn't care.

Well I can tell you this for certain.

If Blizzard comes around here trying to implant me with the LFR, I'm calling the cops.

Back OT: LFR obviously isn't for you in the first place. If you are upset because your alts will "have" to use LFR to gear "efficently" I guess I'm going to have to refer you the the standard hardcore player arguement. You don't deserve the reward if you don't run the content. Sucks when you reap what you sow.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    you dont have to use the feature

you can still make your own alt raids

it worked before; just show some bleeding initiative

but no..it is easier to bash blizzard, call the community derps and be generally negative. The problem is not players who are casual or even bad, the problem are arrogant people like the ones that seem to populate these forums a lot lately.
    there are plenty of alternatives their time and money would have been better spent on

raids take a lot of time to do bro, if people cant get venoxis or jin'do right how can they hope to kill any raid boss

LFR is a contradiction. its supposed to be a tool of convenience, but it won't be

i hope this made my points clearer for you

Do you think that people don't realize they don't have to use the dungeon tool? well then i guess it's just a space-time anomaly rocket surgery thing that is just so far beyond blizzards comprehension that is causing such a high demand for tanks
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2011-09-26 at 04:40 PM.