Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Looking for Raid is a fail, before Blizzard really implanted it.

Why?

Blizzard can't control 5 man dungeon pugs. vote kick system doesn't work well (known problem according to few GM's), people ninja items, goes afk, cursing. but the worst is people without proper gear. Fresh example from this morning, i'm on my rogue trying to get him ready for alt run today, go in ZA, happy me. In the group is a warlock, spirit gear, agility, pvp with stamina, strength and dodge, no enchants no reforging. He wont live the party, we can't kick him, the party is disbanded and he gets to stay in the dungeon until other people come in and carry him.

This is not new, Blizzard know about it, doing nothing. Vote kick system is not working since 4.1 for me, GM knows about it. "Keep reporting, we're working on it" When i'll try to do my next dungeon, another person will come not geared, we will all have to carry him. Or, the tank will go afk for unlimited of time, vote kick? best case in two hours.

Why Blizzard think they can control 25 man pug group like this? they can't make the basic steps to confirm people got the right gear for their class or pve environment in 5 man group. I already told my guild (6/7 hc) that i might leave WoW, and if Blizzard keep implanting new features without fixing all these problem, then screw it, Star Trek Online is better.

Well, if you have a 6/7 HC group, then why would them implementing this get you so worked up? You wouldn't even be affected by it, unless you were to try it on an alt.

However! I do agree that it will get messy, probably most of the time at that (I'm sure there will be some good raids formed through it though, just few and far between, like in random heroics). I just might try it on an alt, because I'm ever so masochistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes guild raiding look appealing by comparison, may teach a few people the basics and motivate them to apply to raiding guilds. I'm all for this.
    Do it.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

I think this feature is good actually. It teaches people who have only run 5 mans how it is to be in a large raid without putting them to the challenge of a real raid and instead giving them some sort of easy difficulty to train on.

Just wondering why you care since you probably wont be using the feature that much if you are 6/7 HC and you are NEVER forced to do use this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    Well, if you have a 6/7 HC group, then why would them implementing this get you so worked up? You wouldn't even be affected by it, unless you were to try it on an alt.
    This so much. No need to complain about something that will probably never affect you

I'm personally looking forward to it, despite the potential pitfalls it will probably have. It'll give me a chance to raid when I want, and I can bring my buddy along, who can't really raid on a schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Makes guild raiding look appealing by comparison, may teach a few people the basics and motivate them to apply to raiding guilds. I'm all for this.
    Do it.
    But is the best way really to lower stuff down to the baddies level? Isn't it better to have a higher bar so that they have to improve to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
    But is the best way really to lower stuff down to the baddies level? Isn't it better to have a higher bar so that they have to improve to do it?
    If they want to do the normal and heroic modes they will have to improve before so, but the LFR can be used to train what you just learned and see how your performance improves.

So with this sentence you saying that raids should be exclusive only to some people (who can commit to a guild and raiding schedule, no matter how casual that is), the rest shouldn't touch them right? Let people without time and need of commitment to a guild enjoy there lower raids, with lower gear, why so upset that others will enjoy new content?

How are they gonna improve when most groups don't want to take an inexperienced raider? It works fine if you have 9 other friends willing to run with you, but when there's people like you calling anyone who hasn't accomplished what you have a "baddie" and bitching about "carrying" how are they supposed to improve?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a raider in a semi-social/casual guild which barely got 1/7HC25, and I will use this upcoming feature to see the raid before going there on normal difficulty. Hopefuly will make me perform better by seeing the new content and getting a feel of tactics.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I'm afraid that those LFR raids will either be extreamly easy or you'll wipe there gazillion of times. No vent communication, people don't know eachother.. Even doing nerfed T11 is soo easier with voice communication...
    Though I'm interested how will they implement it. The worst case scenario - I won't use it, don't really have problem with it.
    Also I'm wondering if you;ll be able to queue in LFD with a group (prolly yes). Then it won't be that bad - get like 8/10 people in your realm the regular way, then just queue and get last 2..? Or even get full raid of pugs from trade and queue for raid this group might do - easier raid requiring less skill/gear/communication.. And doing it this way - you controll who you get into your group, what gear they have etc.
    It might work, it might not, depends on maaany factors, starting with Blizzs implementation, community and how they use it etc..

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post

However! I do agree that it will get messy, probably most of the time at that (I'm sure there will be some good raids formed through it though, just few and far between, like in random heroics). I just might try it on an alt, because I'm ever so masochistic.
    I will not affect my main, it will affect my alts. can't go random to get gear, can't do raid as all the LFG they will implant will not work until they fix tons of issues.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    For all the ranting, the OP has a point. We have so many idiots in 5-man dungeons - normal and heroic, 15 to 85 - and they want us to try our luck with multi-server raid PuGs? Considering any idiot can get into...Zul'Aman, for instance, and have it where your group can't even get five feet past the fucking door without wiping, I am not optimistic. Now I grant you, stupidity is not restricted to the cross-server PuGs; I've dealt with my share of morons in dungeons on my own server(s), including members of my guild(s). For example, in one of my Alliance guilds, the GM thought it was a good idea to have two priests and three druids (I was one of the druids) in Zul'Gurub. Not exactly a great combo.
    Originally Posted by Fargo (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The primordial soup that creates heroes never tastes of rainbows -- it’s a lumpy gumbo of suffering and evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get the feeling that LFR loot will be individual in order to prevent ninja looting.

Everyone gets a loot bag that randomly has stuff in it (gold, VP, JP, and "tarnished tier whatever" gear.)

And it should be able to be done with 2-3 fails.

If vote-kicking is allowed, I forsee many, many loot problems.

1) Its an extra added to the game
    2) It doesn't share the lockout with your normal raid so wont get in the way.
    3) The loot is shittier
    4) You are in no way being forced to use it at all.
    5) It wont even give the same achievements as normal/heroic raids.
    6) It gives alts/casual/bads something to do and a chance to see content (even if it is a hell of allot more easy)

Why are you complaining the feature is not for "your kind" so wont effect you don't use it simple.

The same goes for the LFG tool if your a hardcore raider or a casual why use it if you don't like it you have no need you can cap VP via raiding and it gives shit loot anyway.

Quit being such snowflakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just think that the LFR raids are going to be a lot easier than some people seem to think.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    ...snip...Also I'm wondering if you;ll be able to queue in LFD with a group (prolly yes). Then it won't be that bad - get like 8/10 people in your realm the regular way, then just queue and get last 2..? ...snip...
    im pretty sure i read somewhere that LF raid raids will only be 25 m
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

What they should do is make it so there are no repair cost using the raid lfg. So in the end after you get a bad group, which is inevitably going to happen, you can just whine about the time you spent or how crappy WoW players are. There should be SOME incentive for people using it because I know how hard a good ZA/ZG group is to find, and I don't want to even start thinking about it like a raid.

well, the thing is, the game does -not- adequately prepare you for end-game content yet.

normals don't entirely get you ready for heroics. heroics don't get you ready for raids entirely. raids don't entirely get you ready for normal raids.

now the biggest gap is between the first 2, normals and heroics, then heroics and raids, then the latter 2.

if you give ppl another step to step on, instead of making them jump, they will cross the path much easier.

also the difficulty is toned down but that doesn't mean it'll be faceroll easy. probably as "easy" as heroics, slightly harder I'd assume tbh, but also not giving super high-end gear. actually the gear for it is nerfed compared to normal raids and heroic raids in both ilvl and stats so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumikor View Post
    I will not affect my main, it will affect my alts. can't go random to get gear, can't do raid as all the LFG they will implant will not work until they fix tons of issues.
    Oh okay, I can understand that then. However, I'm more than sure it will still be very possible to form groups with guildies/friends' alts, or random decent players from your server. I'm sure enough people will be too cautious/paranoid to stick with the LFR function.

I really hope Blizz does something to properly regulate that function though, more than they do for the LFD tool already in place, anyway. Guess we'll see though.