Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, 365 agi is worth 2018.45 to AMR, whereas 394 PvP Power is worth 2127.6.

And also, remember that PvP gear has (effectively) 4 secondary stats to 2 on PvE gear. Blizzard said that they don't want PvE gear in PvP and the PvP Power change did exactly that.

Like I said, Resilience is king on top of all this...
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

An outstanding resource! Thank you for putting it all together. Helps me focus on res and pvpp more than I was before.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    With the ability to upgrade currently available honor/conquest gear, will you be updating your charts with the new numbers?

Also, I was just curious, it appears that 66% PVP Power would equate to you doing about "normal" damage when compared with 40% baseline resilience. (e.g. 1000 damage, increased 66% -> 1666, then reduced by 40% resilience -> approx. 1000)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    So which is better for say destro locks? PVP power gems or primary stat gems?
    The guide ballparks PvP Power being approximately 25% stronger than a main stat, and then you get twice as much PvP Power on a gem than main stat, gives the game away.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Thanks Heaps for this informative thread!

finally someone that know how to explain it to me ty very much and continue with that awnsome job

I'm glad to find this thread...I realized I needed to read up on these two values after I kept getting critted by a lock for like 250K + even with about 59% resilience. Dude had pvp power stacked in every slot.

Based on a recent post from AJ, the new 5.2 formula takes on a form that is similar to armor's linear progression. This formula isn't fully accurate, but comes very close. The exact level 90 constant (11727 according to Vecs) has yet to be determined.

Code:
    Reduction = 0.4 + 0.6*(x/(x+11727)) , x is resil

EDIT: Eldacar has posted on MMO-C regarding the new formula.
    Last edited by Keldion; 2013-03-06 at 08:16 PM.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

I just finished a full update & revision pass on the guide to reflect the changes made in patch 5.2, let me know if you have any questions, requests, or find any errors!
    @EldacarJS - Warcraft PVP Enthusiast, Theorycrafter, and Blizzard PVP Forum MVP

Great guide, well crafted and easy to read charts. Gave a good idea on how pvp power and resil will scale with the gear to come.

Deleted
    Firstly, sorry for my bad english

I want to do a question and I think you are the right person to do it

Actually, I'm FC'ing with a druid and I'm have a doubt about gearing

With fully geared PvP, a mix of malevolent and tyranical, my data is 515.846 HP, 10.777 resilience (68,74%). This is a EH of 1.650.179.
    With Lao-Chin's Liquid Courage (+1619 Stamina), my data is 546.128 HP, 10.424 resilience (68,24%). This is a EH of 1.719.546.

This is nearly 70K more of EH, the primary stat for tanks, my questions are:

1.- This is correct? With this trinket we are "best" geared than PvP trinket?
    2.- If 1.- is correct, how affects on heals to reduce 0,50% resilience?
    3.- Do you think is better to gear this, or better, PvE trinket for tanks?

Thank you

Sorry for the delay in updating this everyone, I am in intense training for a new job and just haven't had time. I am going to try to get it done this weekend (June 22nd-23rd).
    Last edited by Eldacar; 2013-06-19 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldacar View Post
    Sorry for the delay in updating this everyone, I am in intense training for a new job and just haven't had time. I am going to try to get it done this weekend (May 15th-16th).
    don't you mean June 15th-16th?

Edit:

The main post has now been updated for patch 5.3, sorry for the delay in getting it out folks! As always if you have any suggestions or notice any errors please let me know.
    Last edited by Eldacar; 2013-06-25 at 03:04 AM.

Question regarding entry-level pvp gear and the new resilience model:

If I have a full PvE set with a mix of normal and heroic gear, is it worth picking up a crafted PvP set to start with or is it feasible to keep the PvE gear until I can replace it with similar pvp gear?

In other words, how big a gap in ilvl does there have to be before PvE gear is better than PvP gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Question regarding entry-level pvp gear and the new resilience model:

If I have a full PvE set with a mix of normal and heroic gear, is it worth picking up a crafted PvP set to start with or is it feasible to keep the PvE gear until I can replace it with similar pvp gear?

In other words, how big a gap in ilvl does there have to be before PvE gear is better than PvP gear?
    The stamina loss alone would make it not worth to use the pvp gear IMO. I believe 2 pvp power = 1 primary stat (at least that's for some classes and that's what I go by).

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    The stamina loss alone would make it not worth to use the pvp gear IMO. I believe 2 pvp power = 1 primary stat (at least that's for some classes and that's what I go by).
    Emfg is correct on this, the crafted pvp gear is really an entry level item set for intended for players just hitting lvl 90. Recent patches have reduced the gap between PVP gear and PVE gear such that your normal and heroic raiding gear should be sufficient to get you started in PVP, and should in fact be superior to the crafted PVP gear. Eventually though you will want to work towards a full set of conquest gear, just keep in mind the season is ending in a few weeks, and new gear will be released with the new season. That doesn't mean you shouldn't start working on gearing up now, just be mindful of what is coming!

Deleted
    Are the pvp trinkets with pvp power on them worth the investment? I play human so I don't need a cc removing tool.
    And if so, can you stack the malevolent one with the Tiranycal one?