Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All characters now take 30% less damage from other players.
    This can be taken in two different ways. Either, before or after normal damage reduction effects, damage is then multiplied by 0.7 on a character, or it can be baked into the resilience stat such that at 0 resilience, you take 30% less damage.

If the former, this reduces the effectiveness of damage reduction abilities in PvP, but does mean everyone survives longer.

If the latter, this means that the formula for damage reduction from resilience becomes y=1.3-(0.99^(x/79.12785)), where y is the damage reduction coefficient and x is the amount of resilience. This makes the hard cap 9480 resilience (100% DR) for characters of level 85 (there'll probably be a new formula for level 90 characters due to gear inflation), and further improves the value of resilience (as even though it has DR, resilience has increasing returns due to its effect on EH).[COLOR="red"]
    This is something I would like to know as well.

Although from being on the PTR / Beta I think that it is just 30% "free" resilience, and just added to whatever resilience you have currently so I belive any resilience values / caps will stay the same, albeit the rating # will actually be lower

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    Although from being on the PTR / Beta I think that it is just 30% "free" resilience, and just added to whatever resilience you have currently so I belive any resilience values / caps will stay the same, albeit the rating # will actually be lower
    They just buffed the free resilience to 50%, so this makes me think that it acts like you are given a free lump of resilience to start off with (as in, you get moved to y=0.5 on the original "y=1-0.99^(x/79.12785)" Resilience graph). If it was like the situation I described earlier, then my Fury Warrior would be at almost 100%DR, which is just OP (I can only have my health reduced by players that have enough PvP Power to take me below 100% DR).

For 85, 50% DR from Resilience is roughly 5457.25 Resilience rating (which you get free). For players with about 4550 Resilience already, this would bump you from 43.84% DR to 71.92% DR from Resilience, which moves you from about 1.78x EH to 3.56x EH.

They did say they wanted to slow PvP down before Cataclysm hit, and this is exactly the way to do it. Unfortunately, with so much Resilience flying around and everyone's effective health pools becoming gigantic, it exacerbates the "they have more healers than us, GG" problem.
    Last edited by Firebert; 2012-07-28 at 02:42 PM.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Great read, and it's really informative for people like mehself who know very little about PVP. Keep up the great work!

They did say they wanted to slow PvP down before Cataclysm hit, and this is exactly the way to do it. Unfortunately, with so much Resilience flying around and everyone's effective health pools becoming gigantic, it exacerbates the "they have more healers than us, GG" problem.

I don't know enough about feral druids to give an educated opinion

The main post has been updated with a brand new PVP Power and Resilience guide for Mists of Pandaria.
    @EldacarJS - Warcraft PVP Enthusiast, Theorycrafter, and Blizzard PVP Forum MVP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldacar View Post
    The main post has been updated with a brand new PVP Power and Resilience guide for Mists of Pandaria.
    Nice.

Ask Mr. Robot already has ballparked some figures for PvP Power, such that it's effectively the same weight as Resilience (and weighs Resilience at about the same as the primary stat of the class). The graph in Section 2F looks a lot like what we had before for Resilience, so all that really needs to happen is that every time there is a gear reset (end of a season), the numbers get tweaked so Resilience stays roughly the same strength across seasons.

This has historically, however, not been known to happen, and I think Blizzard might take the easy route and just whack a BG and Arena-wide debuff to whichever area of PvP is causing the problem (which is currently healing, and is what they did at the end of Wrath if my memory serves correctly).

Just have to wait and see if primary stats scale better than PvP Power for 90 for everyone!
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldacar View Post
    Thank you so much for this!! Already told all of my guildies about it and grats on MvP btw
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Saw over on AJ, thought there'd be an update over here to give you a head's up on: last time I had a peek, the PVP Power on the 2Hers had a (Unique) tag on it. I'm worried that this means a second PVP weapon gives no benefit to TG, which would mean no way to reach PVPP levels that high... at least in S12, though maybe by S14. This is only on the 2Hs, but wowhead doesn't have any PVPP listed on the 1Hs at all so I can't say if the same will apply to them. I'll try to get my beta updated in the next couple of days and see what's going on if nobody else beats me to it.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=84785

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Saw over on AJ, thought there'd be an update over here to give you a head's up on: last time I had a peek, the PVP Power on the 2Hers had a (Unique) tag on it. I'm worried that this means a second PVP weapon gives no benefit to TG, which would mean no way to reach PVPP levels that high... at least in S12, though maybe by S14. This is only on the 2Hs, but wowhead doesn't have any PVPP listed on the 1Hs at all so I can't say if the same will apply to them. I'll try to get my beta updated in the next couple of days and see what's going on if nobody else beats me to it.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=84785
    Ya that is a good catch, it honestly doesn't surprise me at all, I was expecting something like that as it would have made fury warrior unstoppable wrecking machines. I didn't really factor in that extra PVP Power in the main part of the guide, it was just down in an appendix partly for this reason. Still I will update it to reflect that fury warriors cant go that high when I do a revision pass on it. Thanks for pointing it out!

All it would really do is make TG Fury want to MH a PVE 2H and OH a PVP 2H, which would be ass of them as they've done so well getting away from PVE gear being PVP BiS otherwise. :l

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been doing alot of Battlegrounds since the patch on my Resto Shaman and to be honest, it almost seemed like I had more survivability when wearing 1/2 Cataclismic gear and 1/2 DS 10 397/403 gear. Is that possible? Is it now the norm to split your gear like that, or is it all in my head?

Quote Originally Posted by irishdiablo View Post
    I have been doing alot of Battlegrounds since the patch on my Resto Shaman and to be honest, it almost seemed like I had more survivability when wearing 1/2 Cataclismic gear and 1/2 DS 10 397/403 gear. Is that possible? Is it now the norm to split your gear like that, or is it all in my head?
    It seems very unlikely that you would have more survivability in half PVE gear, I haven't run the numbers for lvl 85 (and don't plan to) but I would guess it is in your head.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot mate!

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Very fundamental guide - thanx

Only one thing that missed for me - it is how to compare weapon DPS to PvP-Power.
    I have started to compare 489 ilvl PvE bow with and 470 ilvl PvP bow now and after surfing all pvp forums and sites i see that PvE weapon looks better in many maths,
    but that maths don't have clear formulae for quick comparison.
    In my case this: 4186 dps vs 3506 dps + 2385 PvP-Power.

One similar math that i have found:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6933874622

Can you approve or deny this calculations?
    Even better would be if you add similar info to your guides.

Thanx again! ))

too many words, can't read it all and all this graphics...
    can we get simple convertion of : how much pvp power worth a primary stats (agility and strengh)? for example would be better use t14 legs against s12 epic legs for more burst dmg?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    too many words, can't read it all and all this graphics...
    can we get simple convertion of : how much pvp power worth a primary stats (agility and strengh)? for example would be better use t14 legs against s12 epic legs for more burst dmg?
    PvP Power beats primary stats, but only just, and Resilience is still king.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    PvP Power beats primary stats, but only just, and Resilience is still king.
    for how much thats what I want to know

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    for how much thats what I want to know
    What class are you?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

ok for example feral druid
    I got 496 t14 legs, thats +365 agility(with socket) compared to s12 blue legs +394 pvp power(gonna go for epic chest first, so comparing this for now).