A couple questions about PvP

I've become interested in coming back with the announcement of the new raid finder (this looks like it will cut down on raid times by quite a bit (concerning actually finding a raid, and they'll be easier for PUGs)).

However, what I did for the last couple of months before I quit Cata (two months after launch) was PvP.

I mainly quit due to time constraints, but my schedule is slowly opening up. Is the PvP at least somewhat enjoyable in this game with a good PvP guild? Or does it completely pale in comparison to raiding?

Final note: I'd either reroll what is most desired in RBGs these days, or I'd stick with my Warlock. Which classes would you say most people really want in RBGs? I'd be happy doing absolutely anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Timun View Post
    I've become interested in coming back with the announcement of the new raid finder (this looks like it will cut down on raid times by quite a bit (concerning actually finding a raid, and they'll be easier for PUGs)).

However, what I did for the last couple of months before I quit Cata (two months after launch) was PvP.

I mainly quit due to time constraints, but my schedule is slowly opening up. Is the PvP at least somewhat enjoyable in this game with a good PvP guild? Or does it completely pale in comparison to raiding?

Final note: I'd either reroll what is most desired in RBGs these days, or I'd stick with my Warlock. Which classes would you say most people really want in RBGs? I'd be happy doing absolutely anything.
    Rogues, any healer, mages, locks are all wanted. Almost anything, it really depends on the group setup. But I recommend Elemental shaman. They excel very well in rbgs. They can produce some of the highest damage if put on the offensive, and they are irreplaceable as a defensive dps in WSG/TP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Timun View Post

I still like PvPing. It's obviously not as fun because there's hardly any competition as far as arena goes and RBGs are sordidly easy if you have 10 good players but it's still quite enjoyable. I find raiding pale compared to PvP, though I do admit Firelands is a pretty decent instance.

If you want to find a random group to play with I'd strongly advise you to roll a warrior and spec him protection. Whenever we're doing alt RBGs what we ALWAYS need is a tank, there are next to 0 good ones that can even remotely try and meet our standards and there's just a lack of them in general. You won't do anything most of the time, other than standing there defending mines or farm, or just randomly running and killing shit in CtF. If you don't want to roll that, warlocks, mages, rogues and holy paladins are always quite needed (though there are usually tons of paladins around).

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyne View Post
    Rogues, any healer, mages, locks are all wanted. Almost anything, it really depends on the group setup. But I recommend Elemental shaman. They excel very well in rbgs. They can produce some of the highest damage if put on the offensive, and they are irreplaceable as a defensive dps in WSG/TP.
    No they're not.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Play with whatever class you feel that you're the best at. Most RBGs are a fairly well balanced team (read: most) and every class can do well in that aspect. However, I'd recommend playing a well-known, viable comp for arena. Smashing your face as an "underpowered" comp isn't what I would consider fun, but hey, it might be for you.

No they're not.
    I'd venture to say that Elemental is incredibly strong right now, especially on TP/AB simply for the knockback (can camp flag rooms / ledges to play extremely defensively or simply just kill people by knocking them off the map).
    Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!