Page 3 of 120 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Six Feet Under, House, The Event, Mad Men

No one has mentioned Fringe? That show keeps getting better with every episode. You said no female leads, well this one starts with a female but the group comes together in about episode three. It's an updated X-Files type of show, but unlike X, Fringe comes together, and you see the patterns, at the end of the first season. Don't want to talk much about it if you plan on watching it.

Sons of Anarchy is also pretty good but I lost track of them midway through Season 1, so now I have to catch up on DVDs. Bike gang and how they attempt to survive in the modern world, I guess. Very good show from the episodes I watched.

EDIT: Oh, you also wanted brief descriptions. Added them.
    Last edited by Tuqui-tuqui; 2010-12-02 at 06:56 PM.
    I'm still thinking about it...

I only watch more adult-themed series these days, since the teenage and chick stuff bores the hell out of me (no offence to anyone)

Let's start with the current hype that's everywhere vampire romance.
    Yeah twilight sucks, I agree. But then you have vampire diaries which is slightly less bad and made for an adult audience (possibly written by a guy) and then you have True Blood.
    Well True Blood is really quite interesting (still watching season 1, not sure how many episodes have been released yet). It's vampire romance with an extreme american accent in an extremely mature setting with sex and drugs being quite ... let's say present. The story seems to be quite good too, with a not very hidden hint at racism.

Next up Supernatural. Who doesn't know this series? As the title of the series suggests it's all about the supernatural. Great show, well written and nice effects.

That's all I can think of for the moment, supernatural has 6 seasons so far so there's a few weeks of entertainment for you.

I actually started to watch fringe (I get alot of wtf moments from that show) and thanks everyone for contributing to me boredom lol

Breaking Bad deserves mention here. One of the best shows on TV. Intense, two of the best lead performances, and also darkly hilarious at times. Really you can't go wrong with anything on AMC at the moment, but Breaking Bad is the best.

Misfits. British show, the basic premise is sort of Heroes-ish, but is better than that show in every way (save maybe special effects). Very darkly comic take on the genre, but it also is pretty damn epic at points too.

Deleted
    Someone mentioned the inbetweeners- great show, the character's personalities are hilarious.

Another great british comedy is "Gavin and Stacey", which many people like not only for the comedy in it, but also because the main set of characters in it are so easy to love, and relate to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sons of Anarchy, House, Big bang Theory, LIE TO ME, Dexter, Weeds, etc.

You could try looking on Hulu under what's popular too. They have a failry decent selection of shows to get started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Quote Originally Posted by Samalas View Post
    Dexter.

It doesn't matter if you're already watching it, it's good enough to go back and watch all over again.
    So true :P. Probs one of the best shows out there.

The Walking Dead is the only good thing on TV right now, and this sunday is the last episode of the season. As for me, I'm watching a lot of classic anime shows again like yu yu hakusho(just finished) and just started on the original Dragon Ball.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Quote Originally Posted by treston323 View Post
    The Walking Dead is the only good thing on TV right now, and this sunday is the last episode of the season. As for me, I'm watching a lot of classic anime shows again like yu yu hakusho(just finished) and just started on the original Dragon Ball.
    I finished watching YYH about 2 months ago. I remember seeing the random episodes when they first aired, but was no where near the whole series. S4 seemed so rushed.

15+ Year Old Account
    I could rhyme off a lot of shows. I'll pick two.

Lost. If you haven't watched the whole series it's a pleasure. Sure it has its flaws and it does go through a lul, but as a whole it's a very clever and well designed series.

Battlestar Galactica. What to say? It's a story of survival. It's a journey you want to go on. The story arc is amazing and getting deep into it is worth it.

Deleted
    If you haven't seen The Wire you shouldn't be asking for any other television recommendations. Go watch it. Now.

I'm REALLY picky about my TV shows so my recommendations are :

Boardwalk Empire - about booze and gangsters

The Wire - about drugs, gangsters, cops, city politics, and much more ( this show ended its last season a few years ago, but you can find them on DVD) This show really changed the way I look at TV

House - :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaddyMC89 View Post
    If you haven't seen The Wire you shouldn't be asking for any other television recommendations. Go watch it. Now.
    Yes! This. Best show I've ever seen.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Arrested Development. So good.

Hey Guys I will start to compile all the recommendations including my own in OP so that everyone can look at it easier.
    Last edited by draksbow; 2010-12-05 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samalas View Post
    I finished watching YYH about 2 months ago. I remember seeing the random episodes when they first aired, but was no where near the whole series. S4 seemed so rushed.
    Yea it did. Nothing beats S2 though(toguro). S3 was slow at the beginning, and I never really liked the whole territory or psychics idea, and I didn't like the music either(probably because the music was the best I've seen in any anime though, in s1 and s2), but everything gets better at the end of it.

S4 definitely was the worst, because it was rushed. I'm pretty sure it is the shortest too. I just wish Yusuke used the demon form that he used to kill sensui more than once.

Also I was so excited for another tournament, but it only lasted like 2 episodes lol. At least the series ended great. Probably in my top 5 endings in anime of all time.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

When I first started this thread I didn't think I would get this much input lol keep on posting guys and girls. I wonder how long the list will get >.>

Human Target - about an bodyguard and his friends who take on the toughest jobs with a rather unorthodox approach to protecting their clients. The action is pretty good and the acting is solid. follows a case of the week kind of format.

Firefly - My 2nd favorite show of all time (behind Lost). Was only on for about 14 episodes before it got cancelled, surprised no one else here mentioned it yet.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.