Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blacksmithers and Chaos Orbs

Hoy! My alt Moronaim is a Blacksmith. I have the molten front patterns aswell as the FL tank gloves + boots and the hpala boots patterns. I was clever (or maybe lucky, it was actually a wild guess) to get my plans at the start of 4.2 for 1k each on the AH. Nowadays each pattern goes for 12k+ on my server, especially the boot ones.

Just a little info: I sold out all my 80 chaos orbs I had bunched up on the alt from dungeongrinding in 4.0 (I took a break during 4.1), even tho it is my alt I managed to get that many. But now they're all gone, and I haven't sold any below 500g.

Now to my question: What do you sell your orbs for? What's the generic price for orbs on your server?

I've started to up my prices around 700-800g per orb, 70% of the players that talk to me refuse to pay it right away, but the rest either say yes or decide to pay up after some haggling. Living ember prices keep dropping and the amount of blacksmiths with orbs left are dwindling. I have started a business where people can practically order crafts from me (basically they tell what they need and I'll grind the orbs for it). Also I've sold a couple orbs up to 1k (!) each.

Please, share. What is your experience on this? Is there any way to improve? Because I'm totally in a goldrush atm.
    Last edited by Wass; 2011-09-25 at 08:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

That's gonna be something that varies considerably from server to server. On Earthen Ring, for instance, you'd be laughed at if you tried to charge anywhere near that much per orb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Earthen Ring, is it a lowpop server? Ravencrest (which I moved to a couple months ago) certainly is a highpop one.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

300-400 on Duskwood US it seems. On Terenas US its 2-300g, thats a super low-pop server.

15+ Year Old Account
    I repost them until I get ~1000g per orb, I also play on Ravencrest. Patience is key.
    When I first got the patterns (I was on vacation so I was a bit late) I easily got 2k-2.5k per orb.
    Last edited by Siri; 2011-09-25 at 09:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not bad lohe, I was kinda late to start advertising my stuff but... yeah, u can still make a lot of money with it. Help me bump those prices way up!

Currently on US-Suramar, They sell for 250-400g a piece, depending on profession. It has gotten to the point I just stopped caring about Chaos Orbs, as its not worth the pain of getting them to sell them anymore.

on frstmane eu they go for 300g-500g per

Quote Originally Posted by Wasselina View Post
    Please, share. What is your experience on this? Is there any way to improve? Because I'm totally in a goldrush atm.
    This is highly dependent on server. Right now I'm charging 800g per orb during the week and 750g on the weekends. Some people will complain it's too high. I simply reply that if they do not like it no one is forcing them to buy them. I believe the price is reasonable considering the past month no blacksmith has been selling orbs in trade. Especially since I've seen the same two people for a month now try to find a BS with orbs.

The same people that complain about the orb price may or may not offer to run with you in dungeons till you get them. I don't do this myself because I'm tired of the instances altogether and only run them for weekly VP, plus running with them doesn't make it a guaranteed orb for you as you still have 3 other's to compete against.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostedshade View Post
    Currently on US-Suramar, They sell for 250-400g a piece, depending on profession. It has gotten to the point I just stopped caring about Chaos Orbs, as its not worth the pain of getting them to sell them anymore.
    This is what most ppl think on my server too apparently, it's a kinda "do what's new server", but the demand of items is just so high... I found myself to start farming them again. And I'm not about to run low on customers any time soon.

---------- Post added 2011-09-25 at 11:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    This is highly dependent on server. Right now I'm charging 800g per orb during the week and 750g on the weekends. Some people will complain it's too high. I simply reply that if they do not like it no one is forcing them to buy them. I believe the price is reasonable considering the past month no blacksmith has been selling orbs in trade. Especially since I've seen the same two people for a month now try to find a BS with orbs.

The same people that complain about the orb price may or may not offer to run with you in dungeons till you get them. I don't do this myself because I'm tired of the instances altogether and only run them for weekly VP, plus running with them doesn't make it a guaranteed orb for you as you still have 3 other's to compete against.
    I agree with this. But the offer to run dungeons with me is just plain stupid, I'm a tank and I get insta-queues. I'm not lowering my prices just because you're helping me farm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you are still running heroics regularly (which many people are not...at least on there mains) then Chaos Orbs are quite a precious commodity. I have 0 atm...but I have not been parting with them for less than 1k per ever since the 365 patterns came out. I have given several away to guildies and a close friend...but if you want to buy my Orbs you will pay a premium.

If my BS were a non raider and actually ran heroics my price would be much lower.
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Unless you are still running heroics regularly (which many people are not...at least on there mains) then Chaos Orbs are quite a precious commodity. I have 0 atm...but I have not been parting with them for less than 1k per ever since the 365 patterns came out. I have given several away to guildies and a close friend...but if you want to buy my Orbs you will pay a premium.

If my BS were a non raider and actually ran heroics my price would be much lower.
    The question still remains... why sell low when you can sell high? I keep farming my orbs and they all get sold at 800g+

Quote Originally Posted by Wasselina View Post
    I agree with this. But the offer to run dungeons with me is just plain stupid, I'm a tank and I get insta-queues. I'm not lowering my prices just because you're helping me farm...
    I agree with you on this. I'm main spec tank so if I really wanted them I can queue up for them rather quickly and most of the time get a half done instance. Someone else queuing with me to "help farm" them doesn't really help me farm them. They line their pockets with more gold/items plus doesn't ensure I win the orb at all. If people want the product then they should be willing to pay the price. If they don't think it's reasonable then they can move on and hope for a better deal or do without.

I usually craft a weapon and throw it up on the AH
    ~3500g for mats

sell on AH for usually between 10-12k

about 7k from orbs alone so 1.4k per orb

I pretty much laugh at people offering like 400g per orb

10+ Year Old Account
    What server, bals?

US-Tichondrius

I usually craft weapons that span several specs/classes though (e.g., 2handed dps wep, tanking wep). I probably wouldn't make the rogue weapons. I also had bad luck with the caster dagger so I just gave it to my friend - I blame that on 3 boe caster weapons dropping from FL

10+ Year Old Account
    Mighty interesting. I should try that out.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I usually craft a weapon and throw it up on the AH
    ~3500g for mats

sell on AH for usually between 10-12k

about 7k from orbs alone so 1.4k per orb

I pretty much laugh at people offering like 400g per orb

Hehe, while you make 1,4k gold per orb, I profit on your profit doing nothing tapping my macro 1 and macro 2 and in the end I make 10x your amount, hehe.
    1,4k gold per orb is stupid as you get them in effort with 5 people and it's at most 2 people needing on them.. I'd understand if they had a chance drop, but they're 100% and the chances for you to get them are 50 at lowest

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Hehe, while you make 1,4k gold per orb, I profit on your profit doing nothing tapping my macro 1 and macro 2 and in the end I make 10x your amount, hehe.
    1,4k gold per orb is stupid as you get them in effort with 5 people and it's at most 2 people needing on them.. I'd understand if they had a chance drop, but they're 100% and the chances for you to get them are 50 at lowest
    okay? I am confused.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    okay? I am confused.
    What I think he's trying to say is "JC/Alchemy/Enchanting is easier money because you don't need to spend time in dungeons."
    You know that pandas eat bamboo, there. They love the bamboo. You get, eh, you get a panda? And you got a bamboo in your backyard? It'll ruin it. Right? You got bamboo furniture? Well, uh, well, pandas go nuts.