Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Nintendo has the kids and the hand-held market. Gameboy has been keeping them alive for a long time. Along with Metroid, Zelda and Mario. They haven't put out a good console since super nintendo.

Deleted
    The problem with Nintendo is that they don't produce quality games anymore. At least not many.

I bought the Wii because I thought the technology it had would make for great games. But how many fun games does the Wii actually have? I think I can count them on one hand.

Their targetting of old people and family gaming was a succes, but they failed in delivering games for the rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    The problem with Nintendo is that they don't produce quality games anymore.
    Has nintendo even released anything worthy after N64?

Deleted
    The problem with Nintendo is that they don't produce quality games anymore. At least not many.
    mario galaxy, mario galaxy 2, SSBB, xenoblade chronicles, paper mario, twilight princess, metroid prime, kirby, donkey kong, mario kart, new super mario bros.. yep they didnt produce any quality games. (thats just for the wii)

what did sony, and M$ do? oh thats right relied on 3rd party development.

I bought the Wii because I thought the technology it had would make for great games. But how many fun games does the Wii actually have? I think I can count them on one hand.

Their targetting of old people and family gaming was a succes, but they failed in delivering games for the rest.
    lol it dominated the console market for the past 5 years.. it doesnt matter if you dont like it because YOU are the minority.

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 07:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    if you dont think so.. then no. Its an opinion. Just like some people think blizzard make nothing but crap.

Deleted
    I look forward to the Wii U and what kind of IP's they are gonna make for it. I PRAY that they will start.. whats the word.. Embrace (I guess?) the western company's and their idea's alot more.
    They have such potential in the new system, and if they just act like they've done the past.. what, 5 years?? Towards the western world, its gonna be the equvilant of strapping yourself to a barrel of napalm and go "YEEEHAW!" the second it goes off..

Please dont do that Nintendo, I wuw youz, dont be silly..

The reason why they should do this is because people don't buy Wii's to play only Zelda or Mario or Metroid.
    Maybe you didn't. Every Nintendo console I have bought has been for Zelda and Zelda only, including the Wii

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post

what did sony, and M$ do? oh thats right relied on 3rd party development.
    Well Microsoft has been pretty good at buying third party companies, making their games for their own system and acting like that isn't what they did. Halo... the game that made the xbox.

And then there is that other big game...

I do find it odd that Gears of War is exclusive to the 360 when Microsoft doesn't own it. I am sure the guys over there sat around when someone said "Hey lets make our game for ps3, pc and 360." Then some other guy says "Nah that would be foolish. Why would we want to expand our possible sales to all those people when we could just stick with Microsoft?"

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    Is it possible to be this ignorant? Really?

I've lost count how many Nintendo games have received 9/10 - 10/10 and this is even AFTER N64 era.

Quote Originally Posted by Munk View Post
    Ive honestly felt this way since the days of the gamecube but so far it has yet to actually happen. I think they would be far far better as a software only dev but thats not for me to decide.

Well considering the Wii sold the most out of all 3 consoles this gen (Dont start with the "Because its cheaper" People still have to wait to buy it no matter the price)
    The PSP wasnt even on the DS's radar. Nintendo is still doing pretty solid in the hardware department. They handled the 3DS launch poorly and it will bite them in the ass. But i dont think they are close to being the new Sega.

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 11:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Is it possible to be this ignorant? Really?

I've lost count how many Nintendo games have received 9/10 - 10/10 and this is even AFTER N64 era.

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html

Mario galaxy 1 and 2 are both in the top 3 (Next to another Nintendo game, Ocarina)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Well considering the Wii sold the most out of all 3 consoles this gen (Dont start with the "Because its cheaper" People still have to wait to buy it no matter the price)
    The PSP wasnt even on the DS's radar. Nintendo is still doing pretty solid in the hardware department. They handled the 3DS launch poorly and it will bite them in the ass. But i dont think they are close to being the new Sega.
    And lets not forget another important factor.

The Xbox360 and PS3 were sold at losses. In order to profit, they had to sell a multitude of games along with them in order to overcome the production cost of that unit. And it took a long time for that to happen, particularly for the PS3 which took years before it really became a sensible console choice.

Nintendo by contrast has sold every single console at a profit. The Wii has significantly outsold the PS3 and Xbox360, and on top of that, theres their own IP, and naturally the third party games as well. The DS has sold one hundred and fifty million units; and again, with every single console at a considerable profit.

Sony and Microsoft can't even dream of saying this.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2011-09-28 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    And lets not forget another important factor.

The Xbox360 and PS3 were sold at losses. In order to profit, they had to sell a multitude of games along with them in order to overcome the production cost of that unit. And it took a long time for that to happen, particularly for the PS3 which took years before it really became a sensible console choice.

Nintendo by contrast has sold every single console at a profit. The Wii has significantly outsold the PS3 and Xbox360, and on top of that, theres their own IP, and naturally the third party games as well. The DS has sold one hundred and fifty million units; and again, with every single console at a considerable profit.

Sony and Microsoft can't even dream of saying this.
    Sony and Microsoft also have keep their systems for a long time because of it, Nintendo gets to keep putting out new stuff.