Deleted

Long term players.

I've been playing WoW pretty much since launch. I've been bored since WOTLK but there's been nothing else that's even worth investing time in. Aion was just the most hilarious "wow killer" to date, mainly because they directly claimed they would.

But SWTOR looks just amazing. From all the play footage, interviews and information released so far, it's shaping up to be something I can see myself finally leaving WoW for.

Anyone else who's been here a long ass time and thinking SWTOR/GW2, will actually manage to get them off the gravy train of WoW?

Couldn't you have posted in one of the SWTOR/GW2 threads?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I'm definitely going to be playing GW2, TOR I will at least start, the only thing I'm concerned about is the combat system looks way too similar to WoW for my taste. Not that it's necessarily a bad system, but I want something completely different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking only for myself, I'm not looking for something to "wean me off of WoW." I enjoy this game. If the day ever came where I didn't it I wouldn't need to wait for another game to come along. I'd simply walk away. As it stands now, I'll play SWTOR while keeping my WoW account active, just as I did with Warhammer, Conan, LotR, Aion, and Rift. Some I played longer than others, but it was because I enjoyed them on their own and didn't see them as filling a WoW-shaped hole.
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

Personally, since GW2 has no sub fee, I will def play it, or at least try it out. Not so sure about SWTOR though, seems too similar to wow combat for my taste. We'll see though. Also, can't wait for Tera.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Couldn't you have posted in one of the SWTOR/GW2 threads?
    The information thread is for information. This forum is for WoW related topics, it's a topic about long term wow players who might be moving to a new up and coming AAAA MMo.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    The information thread is for information. This forum is for WoW related topics, it's a topic about long term wow players who might be moving to a new up and coming AAAA MMo.
    Your OP isn't WoW related. It belongs in games off-topic.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Looking at one of the interviews, blizzard is planning on making another insane title in the future, so i can count on that to occupy my time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Your OP isn't WoW related. It belongs in games off-topic.
    Agreed. If you want to discuss other games, that's fine, but please keep it in the appropriate forum. Moving this to Video Games.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are already similar threads where people choose their games. "I'm leaving WoW for X" threads never go anywhere.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net