Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I just managed to finish mountain of mounts yesterday, and doing so I realized, RAF Mounts don't count
    "I heard Shadowmourne procs naked ladies..."
    The rapture took my paladin - May 21, 2011
    In a recent online survey, 100% of the population uses the internet.

I just hope they put in a little more time on the mounts you get from the achievements....the others have been less then impressive.

I hope the new the spectral mounts are a faction reward. I really hope we get the Green/Beryl fire hawk as a 125th or 150th mount reward, at least then it would be something really unique and outstanding as a reward.

Paladin
    Kudos to Xrated and Shiri!
    Veni Vidi Vici - Julius Caesar

125 is really not that difficult...

Just grind BC reps, ToC dailies together with some less time-consuming factions (pvp, ally+horde mounts, cata mounts from vendors)+ mounts from meta achievements from WotLK are easily puggable now...

For 150 you need to have a bit of luck (either with old dailies/dungeons or LFD goodie bag) and well... be up to date with the raid/pvp content. Or some cash for TCG.

Challenging but not impossible.

Now 165+ that's stupidly hard)

I have 150 mounts currently, and actively farm 5 mounts. There are 3 holiday mounts I am missing and I only have 1 TCG mount.

I believe when an achievement is first implemented it should be hard, nearly out of reach. It rewards those that have already invested the time and effort to complete the achievement in advance, and gives the handful of players per server a brief time in the spotlight to show off their hard earned reward.

It's also worth noting they are adding quite a few new mounts this next patch which will give many collectors a jump in their total.

170 Mounts and counting...

im at 146 still have more i can get so yeah tcg mounts help if you have money to blow

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    I hope it's 125 and not 150. Is 150 even possible? that's A LOT of mounts.
    You need TCG and discontinued mounts for that

Quote Originally Posted by Cptmyname View Post
    Disagree.
    I have 147 mounts, and i only have 1 TCG mount. I also started that char in wrath, so i dont have any discontinued mounts.
    It just takes a LOT of dedication.
    We dream, we dream.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VOxPERENOLDE View Post
    I have 150 mounts currently, and actively farm 5 mounts. There are 3 holiday mounts I am missing and I only have 1 TCG mount.

I believe when an achievement is first implemented it should be hard, nearly out of reach. It rewards those that have already invested the time and effort to complete the achievement in advance, and gives the handful of players per server a brief time in the spotlight to show off their hard earned reward.

It's also worth noting they are adding quite a few new mounts this next patch which will give many collectors a jump in their total.
    I agree, yes. I think 150 should be implemented with 4.3, I'm currently at 145 and I have a) 0 holiday mounts (none from brewfest, no rocket, no horsemen), b) missing 3 raid meta-achievement ones (ICC25, BoT/BWD and Firelands), c) no rare spawn mounts (TLPD, PST, poseidus), etc etc. I'm also missing the Vial of the Sands which I can't be bothered to buy, Ashes and Attumen's horse which I farm every week and the only TCG mount I have is Spectral Tiger. I also only have 4 Gladiator titles on the paladin I collect mounts on.

125-150-175 achievement version, 125 will be fine for most to get 150 certainly challenge, and then 175 for those going full on out their way for it ( and will all get easier in time no doubt)

Would love to see this!! ^^

Deleted
    They definitely need to add a 125 achievement, most people who have been around for a couple of years have this without trying too hard. 150 should be the next difficult milestone

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Disagree.
    I have 147 mounts, and i only have 1 TCG mount. I also started that char in wrath, so i dont have any discontinued mounts.
    It just takes a LOT of dedication.
    dedication, luck and a decent raid or arena comp, tbh
    I have 136, but don't have any of the raid-specific mounts like invincible, mimi's head, crusader warhorse, horde wolf, etc, or any of the gladiator drakes

Last I counted, per faction, Horde can get 163 mounts and alliance can get 161 mounts without purchase of ANY TCG mounts. But that included every rare mount in-game outside of the 2 in Firelands. Also included all 3 rare spawn mounts. No class specific mounts or discontinued mounts.

Deleted
    you guys do know that class specific mounts don't count anymore right?
    for the achy that is

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
    I really think they should release a 125 one, and hell they could do a 150 one and that one would have some prestige for a bit. But I hope they don't skip 125 because 150 is still out of reach for a lot of people.
    Because 100 wasn't out of reach when it came out? When the 100 achievement came out, it was out of reach of EVERYONE without TCG mounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IdTheDemon View Post
    You don't need any TCG mounts to have 150.
    /waves I used to be on Frostmane. I actually remember that guild on that server. Sorry back to the topic lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    I hope it's 125 and not 150. Is 150 even possible? that's A LOT of mounts.
    150 is possible at the moment. (right now, not even counting all the mounts on PTR)

Quote Originally Posted by Cptmyname View Post
    No you don't. I have 141 mounts right now, none are TCG, 2 are discontinued, so let's go from 139 and count up:

Here's ones I could get in-game, without TCG, and hit 150:

1.) Tol Barad flying mount
    2.) Current ZG Panther
    3.) Current ZG Raptor
    4.) Mimiron's Head
    5.) LK25 achievement mount
    6.) Ragnaros drop mount
    7.) Firelands meta mount
    8.) Blue drake
    9.) Azure drake
    10.) I'm missing one flying carpet.
    11.) I'm missing the mammoth from VoA

Edit: Also missing Brewfest Kodo, Valentine Rocket, Blue Archaeology Bug, Ashes of A'lar, Stonecore mount, Vortex Pinnacle mount, Onyxia mount, RBG 75-win mount, so there's some room to spare.

So yes, 150 mounts without discontinued / TCG mounts is doable.
    Last edited by Bitlovin; 2011-10-01 at 12:03 AM.

Whatever the numbers are, it will need to be one that is achieveable solely in-game.
    It would need to exclude tcg, store, and additional service (like RaF) rewards to be deemed fair.
    Also currently obtainable, and continuing to be available mounts, so excluding those later removed (black/plauged etc).
    Your ability to earn those rewards should not be determined by your ability to spend more real money than someone else.
    If you can't earn it from just what you can do within your monthly subscription to the game then it should not need to count towards any total.
    I will agree however that getting at least 125 I am sure is doable within the above conditions, if not considerably more.

I agree that an implementation of achievements for 125 and 150 mounts would be great, seeing that the pet achievements were revamped to that for Cataclysm. Some new achievements and rewards would give mount collectors a new goal to aim for.