Thread: Airsoft

Airsoft

Hello guys,

I've been looking into this activity or sport (whatever you want to call it really) and I was wondering what you guys can say about it.

Any information or experience you guys may have and are willing to share would be highly appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you line near a place where people are arrangeing these games, go for it.
    Hell of a sport!

Quote Originally Posted by jamme View Post
    If you line near a place where people are arrangeing these games, go for it.
    Hell of a sport!
    Yeah there's an active community here and it seems like it's one of those hobbies that you can start slow and build over time without feeling too limited.

I'm really considering on dropping a few dollars into a "starter kit"

10+ Year Old Account
    Had quite a few airsoft guns when I was younger. Honestly what I can tell you is that the things are heavily regulated in some areas so check your local laws (though unless you plan on shooting out windows cops shouldn't bother you.) Also if you really wanna get into it, don't waste your time on cheap guns at wal-mart and what not. I've always found that they never lasted more than a couple weeks of moderate use. Another thing to consider is the type of weapon you want. Pistols are fairly cheap and simple, rifles will run you quite a bit more. Also airsoft guns can be divided into spring guns, electric guns, and gas guns. Spring guns require you to manually cock the gun after firing each shot and are the cheapest/easiest to buy. Electric guns can fire in automatic/Semi-automatic modes but often suffer a decrease in stopping power and muzzle velocity. Gas guns use CO2 to chamber and fire BBs and generally have the most power (however they are usually the most expensive and require CO2 tanks.) Hope this post helped you out.

I've got some experience with some cheap spring handguns a couple of years ago so I'm not completely clueless as to what is going on sort to speak

I'm looking at mid-range AEG's because it seems like they're the best when it comes to bang/buck ratio while also having a high fun threshold, as in you're not going to go pro but you can sure as hell have a good time for quite some time. I'm currently budgeting around $200 as an initial investment and from what I managed to gather so far is that it will be more than enough to get a very good AEG, tons of ammo, protection gear and a good battery charger.

My intentions are mostly target practice indoors initially since I have a relatively large basement that I'm planning on using as a shooting range of sorts and I've also consulted with some law enforcers in the area so I'm somewhat aware of the rules and regulations of airsoft. I'll obey the law and regulations, use common sense and that should keep me out of any trouble.
    Later on I might look into joining a team, when I can invest into some more gear and once I have more experience. There are a handful of good places that have games organized relatively on a regular basis.

Thanks for the help and advice and don't be shy of "shooting" any other you may have please