Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Patch 4.3 on PTRs this week?, Diablo 3 in 2012, TCG Art, Comics

Patch 4.3 on Test Realms This Week?
    At least, that's Blizzard's plan for the moment. The Patch 4.3 Recap posted a few days ago should keep you alive while you wait.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    We're intent on getting the 4.3 Public Test Realms up potentially within the next week.

As you mentioned, there's still a lot of work to be done on this patch, so a lot of the content will be rolled onto the test realms over time. Transmogrification, Void Storage, some balance changes, and several UI updates/improvements will likely make the PTR right away. The dungeon/raid content, legendary questline, Dungeon Finder updates, and especially Raid Finder are still very much works in-progress
    In any case, we can expect to see official patch notes soon according to an update on Zarhym's personal twitter account on friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Making a style, grammar, and formatting pass on #WoW patch notes is... Wat wuz eye saeing?

Diablo III Delayed Until 2012
    I didn't have time to report that last week with all the announcements, but if you were waiting for Diablo 3 ... you will have to wait just a little longer.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    We commonly use the term “soon” when referring to Blizzard releases, because we know that no matter how hard we’re working to reach a target, we’re not going to compromise and launch a game before it’s ready. For Diablo III, we were aiming to launch by the end of 2011. As we’re announcing globally today, our new target for the game is early 2012.

While this news might not be a complete surprise, I know that many of you were hopeful that Diablo III would ship this year. We were too. However, this week we pulled together people from all of the teams involved with the game to decide whether we felt it would be ready before the end of December, and we grudgingly came to the conclusion that it would not. Ultimately, we feel that to deliver an awesome Diablo sequel that lives up to our expectations and yours as well, we should take a little more time and add further polish to a few different elements of the game.

The upside of today’s announcement is that we will be running the beta test longer than we initially planned, which will allow us to invite more of you who have opted in.

For those taking on the Diableard challenge, we salute you -- and now fear for your well-being and personal hygiene. We hereby issue an official reprieve to all Diableard participants, including Blizzard employees, if you want to trim or otherwise manage the lower half of your face. We’d still love to see your beardly achievements, and we look forward to seeing more of your efforts as we move into 2012, but not to the detriment of your workplaces and significant others.

Thank you everyone for your support and anticipation for Diablo III. We’re still moving ahead at full pace, and we’ll be keeping you fully informed of any news and developments here at Diablo3.com, including the specific release date when the time comes, so stay tuned.

Trading Card Game Art Gallery Update
    The Trading Card game art gallery has been updated with ten new pieces.

Comics: Dark Legacy and Teh Glad
    Dark Legacy Comics #305 and Teh Gladiators #272 + #273 are available!

Last edited by chaud; 2011-09-26 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Corrected DLC link

I don't like the talk about work in progress.

Deleted
    Bummed out about Diablo III.

all we can do, is just sit and wait!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

15+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The upside of today’s announcement is that we will be running the beta test longer than we initially planned, which will allow us to invite more of you who have opted in.
    The silver lining to every dark cloud. They'll probably allow just as many people at the end of the beta as they did with SC2 (which was basically everyone, their mom, and then 8 more invites, just for the hell of it).

I think Diablo III will be old after a year of release. But that's when you put an expac on it!

glad 4.3 is going ptr even if a little bit of it, but wheres the mmo report?

DLC is from last week, 306 is out now.

Pretty annoyed about the D3 push back. /sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally. Jeez

4.3 still very much a work in progress? Deathwing raid inc in ... december then?Sigh. Wtb Diablo 3.

Personally, I've spent the last 5 months thinking Diablo III was coming out in 2012 anyway, so it doesn't affect me too much.

in other words, swtor won that staring contest

cant wait for ptr

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Personally, I've spent the last 5 months thinking Diablo III was coming out in 2012 anyway, so it doesn't affect me too much.
    That. Very much that.

I was always joking about how fun it was to release Diablo 3 in the very much hyped-for-destruction 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

So it looks like Diablo III will be coming out like january and Patch 4.3 for WoW to be coming out November/December.

Deleted
    F*ck My Life. Its been announced for 4 f*cking years now, whats taking so fucking long time?! Maybe they should have started working on it when they announced it -.-

hope me and my guildies get to the ptr this time, so we can get an edge on the progress on our server

Deleted
    Jesus... 4.2/Firelands been live for what, close to 3 months? A big part of those during the summer where raiding is traditionally slow with people taking vacations, having better things to do than melting in front of their computers for 4 hours etc.? Do they wanna make Firelands the shortest lived raid ever? For god's sake... it's a great raid. I really like Firelands and while 4.3 sounds freaking AWESOME it really feels like they rush it way too much (yeah, a PTR for a new big path might take 2-3 months usually but they said the 4.3 PTR might be faster, hell, not even sure it'll be a month). Goddamn Crusader's Coliseum lasted longer than Firelands... If the 4.3 PTR takes the usualy 2-3 months, then that's fine. But if it lasts only a month... yeah, too fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah d3.... So excited. I hope I get beta