Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Insane Comp Idea, No one has thought of

I was fishing over random thoughts about PvP recently, and came up with a comp idea that may be really detested but it sounds like it would succeed very well, provided the players are really patient.

The comp setup is..
    Disc Priest + Shadow Priest + Holy Paladin.

General Strategy, BnB - The Shadow Priest and Disc Priest will relentlessly mana burn the opposing healer while Paladin does the major heals, and the Disc Priest does the secondary healing. When the opposing healer is completely out of mana, the shadow priest will proceed to wings burst the healer or a weak dps while the Disc Priest keeps the enemy healers mana in check.

Average Player Rating - 2500. Great Player Rating - 2700 - ?
    The only weakness I can think about this comp is the fears of the priests diminishing with each other, or patience slowly fizzling out. What do you guys think of this comp idea?

Deleted
    mind control + leap of faith +release mind control and burn leaves enemy healers 3 mana burns(each) away from losing if done right

Deleted
    No. Why would you even think this is a good idea? The shadow priest will be unable to cast ANYTHING, let alone mana burn, and the two healers will eventually go out of mana because there's 0 pressure coming from your side.

Really. You can't be serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a reason no one ever thought of this. It won't work is why.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not season 2 anymore.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Deleted
    Hate to burst your bubble but it has been thought of :P
    It used to work pretty well in previous expansions, it's called a dispel/burn cleave.

Other variations include a dk/warrior instead of the spriest.

Better idea: 3 arcane mages blow up a target.

Oh wait, arena comp viability is more involved than what you can do while un-cc'ed, un-pressured, and free-casting on your opponents.

This comp would fall flat on its face against anyone who pressured the sp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanorian View Post
    It used to work pretty well in previous expansions, it's called a dispel/burn cleave.

Other variations include a dk/warrior instead of the spriest.
    No it didn't. I played around rank 1 rating the whole of WotLK and never EVER saw a single SP/disc/holy paladin team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might *might* work in 4.3 with the tier 13 SPriest 4p, but otherwise the SPriest will have a hard time casting above 1800 rating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Might *might* work in 4.3 with the tier 13 SPriest 4p, but otherwise the SPriest will have a hard time casting above 1800 rating.
    Eh, it's not a double healer Warrior 2's. You won't wear pve gear and live long enough for the set bonus to matter past the first set of dots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisshands View Post
    Eh, it's not a double healer Warrior 2's. You won't wear pve gear and live long enough for the set bonus to matter past the first set of dots.
    Set bonus has nothing to do with dots. And there's a reason I used might twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Set bonus has nothing to do with dots. And there's a reason I used might twice.
    Only something that is strong deserves a double might. The mightiness is very strong with this comp?
    And OP, I don't think it will be fun, let alone that viable. Any combination of interrupts or anything will halter this strategy, despite our esteemed Moderator believing in its amazing strength.

Has anyone tried Triple Threat Shaman 3's? I wonder if that could even do anything...Ele sham are more versatile in movement and casts nowadays, enhance fair pretty well, and resto..well, we all love resto. 3 Windshears, 3 earthbinds and groundings up...doubt it'd work, 3 of any class is usually a bad idea.

Deleted
    I disagree, either he'll run out of mana and not kill anything anyway or be locked down the whole match just like would be now. Extra damage doesn't help when one can't cast. Do I see random shadow priests running 4 piece in arena fully(?) resilience gemmed to make up for the loss from the PvP set, though? For sure, out of every bonus they released it's the one I can see being best in said environment.

Deleted
    Another fun one ppl wouldn't think of quick....a 3 melee cleave xD Warr DK Rogue or something ->bomb and tunnel healer right of the bat -> 3v2? ->profit ? Well if anyone tries it let me know how it went xD

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been thought of and done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzil View Post
    Another fun one ppl wouldn't think of quick....a 3 melee cleave xD Warr DK Rogue or something ->bomb and tunnel healer right of the bat -> 3v2? ->profit ? Well if anyone tries it let me know how it went xD
    been done, failed often enough.
    a single frostmage counters an entire 3 melee team.
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    been done, failed often enough.
    a single frostmage counters an entire 3 melee team.
    Dk/Rogue/Ret works for 3 melee cleave, mostly because of ret offheals and freedom + CD spam from Rogue/DK.
    Main
    Epox
    PvP Alt (lololol Icelance)
    Zyke
    Decent Alts
    Nyli
    Ashuna

ret + feral + frost dk = nuclear detonation on your royal pie hole, and you can vary with dk for a rogue or a warrior, its like if they able to touch you before u can go def cd YOU DEAD BRO, you dead... ofc this aint on normal circunstances in arena cuz u dont see them in high end but they sure wreck alot nuclear holocaust on low rating

I played Disc, aff, rdruid 2 seasons ago. This is not a new concept and worked fine before Cata; key word being before.