Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's common to think just because someone has a lot of gear or a legendary that they are actually a good player. If she wasn't doing well before, the staff won't magically make her a better player. Granted the staff is borderline OP right now, but it won't fix bad play.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilden View Post
    you had a few tries on ragnaros hc but no 4min+ one. affliction shines below 25% which would be phase 3 which is the only dps race (well .. was before those nerfs) and sub 25% in phase 4. what i see is that she has a quite poor dot-uptime and she might be a bad player. many girls aren't that good with classes that need more than just a few buttons to press.
    my girlfriend was good with her warlock in classic and tbc when you didn't need to press too many keys (curse+sb spam). in cataclysm she does fine with an arcane mage but every other class gives her problems. okay, she does not want to learn and practice any other speccs that are too complicated, but this girl you have in your raid maybe somehow the same :P
    most guys aren't good at dot management either, which is why blizz gayed it up by not letting them clip each other.

First thing I noticed is that she did 61 ( ! ) fel flame on the normal ragnaros kill. That is a bit too much.
    Even if you are constantly on the move, you still dont do that many, not to mention that she doesnt have 4p tier11 that would actualy make fel flame usefull when it procs.
    So my guess is she is refreshing immolate using fel flame.
    Other than that, and as others have mentioned, reforge is way wrong. She should be reforging full mastery.
    Gems are fine apart from those haste gems of course.
    2 Meta cast during the kill , but only 1 immolation aura. Also, Theralions mirror is very lame considering you need to wait for it to pop meta which usually is a dps loss.
    DMC:V + chalice is godly, I'm sure she can afford it if she wants to improve.
    Just talk to her. Ask her if she gets updated on her class through forums and such. Hope it works out for ya because otherwise you wasted a legendary

I have no idea how to check if he used doomguard so if someone knows WoL better please check it out and post info.
    Last edited by Makeleth; 2011-09-26 at 01:25 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eleth/advanced
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronan/advanced
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arion/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogoball View Post
    Looking at a cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away.

1st time demo i presume for her

- bad spec (no master summoner) (minor upgrade if used right dps rotation)
    - bad reforging (low mastery)(BIG UPGRADE). which makes me think she uses affl reforged gear. demo reforge int > hit > mastery

- Bad dot uptime. (BIG UPGRADE). probably due bad ui. Dunno if she likes addons. But fortex / raven comes to mind to help with that.
    - no pre potting
    - no pet swap to felhunter after FG-DS
    - no DG usage. (for the time being as you learn the early phases. pop dg at the start when all other cd's + prepot are up)
    If she does the above she should be close to 50k dps when entering 1st transition phase (Your learn curve atm. i guess)

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    She was pulling 18k DPS in a mix of normal/heroic FL gear WITH the legendary staff. Pretty sure his concern is valid .
    lol indeed. Im still working on 2nd stage and i did near 40k dps on the tries we had on Baleroc heroic ( as demo , with DG , that is ). @ OP. I think affi is a better spec for this in an overall , because of all the movement , but if someone else is able to fill up the dps she is lacking in demo , i'd say go demo for the hard burst to push 1 meteor in ph3.

Edit: yes. her reforging is terrible. Also , tell her to get DMC:V instead of the Mirror hc , because you cant decide when the mirror is proccing so that is a dps loss if you dont have it up before using Meta. Also , she doesn't really got the right gems. First of all: 20 int/haste? should mastery , but on the item she has it on , it should be 2x 40 int ( = 80 int. Now she gets 60 int , 20 haste/hit )
    Last edited by mitbrandir; 2011-09-26 at 01:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrkew View Post
    Boobs. Getting girls loot without deserving it since 2004.
    That's quite a stupid remark. I have boobs too, I make sure I play my best no matter what and I sure as hell earn my equipment - WITH my guild.

I have no clue about warlocks, but I took a look at your log. One of your hunters makes my eyes BLEED. He uses a Glyph of Bestial Wrath and he is Marksman, instead he could use disengage to improve movement. His damage is well below what I would expect from a toon with 380+ gear. He isn't even hitcapped and his build is a bit questionable. Gems and enchants are ok, but I would have chosen different enchants. Another hunter in your raid wears a PvP-helmet + instance-gear and outdoes his damage. Even if the lower-DPS but better geared Hunter plays it safe and lacks movement - he should be making more DPS simple because he has awesome gear. Hunter is one of the top-DPS classes right now.

I'd say your raid has more problems than a player getting a legendary staff and not knowing how to get max DPS. Perhaps this will help your warlock as well - knowing that she isn't the only one who needs help.

how the fuck is that even possible, 20k dps with legendary staff + 378/391 gear... I was pulling 21k with my vicious/za gear yesterday with my warlock... Consider you were 2/7hc prenerf and now 6/7hc, you must have a hell lot of baddies in your guild :{D

Deleted
    It's one of those ''we will not give it to member, it gotta go to the officer'' guilds. My first endgame raiding guild was like that - full of underperforming officers who got every piece of loot they wanted but played like shit.

That's why you're stuck on Ragnaros.

Quote Originally Posted by kardar View Post
    she needs to use unstable affliction instead of immolate and also she needs to start using haunt (kinda important for aff lock)

edit: nvm this, just saw that you posted she was demo and not aff.
    theorycrafting at high levels

10+ Year Old Account
    btw, ovaries do not make you a bad player automatically.

I've known plenty of excellent tanks, healers and DPS who are female. Top raiders.

I've known chicks who suck, too - but overwhelmingly, there are more MALE idiots out there than females (simply because there are more male players out there!).

Looking at your logs - there's at least 3 underperforming MALES in your raid as well, who (legendary or not) are failing at their jobs just as bad as this chick.

So...most of your raid needs to shape the hell up. It's not just the chick.

As for how to approach her, if you're the raid leader say "I've been looking over the logs, and there's a few people who need to improve their rotations. I think you're panicking about your immolate dropping off - so maybe you should pick up Quartz or Omnicount - and only refresh when you're really close to it ending. Also, I looked up your pet choice - you should be pulling out your fel hunter." And so on and so forth.

Make sure to point out that she is NOT the only one who you're talking to, and point out that you understand that she does the best damage during phase 3 - and you're only trying to help. If it makes her feel better, name another one of your underperformers and say "you're doing much better than <insert name here> - but I don't want anyone saying crap about you behind your back. I know you're a good player."

That should be more than enough to soothe her ego and motivate her to do better.

I used to lead raids myself - and to be honest, a guy can pitch a fit as easily as girl - we had one drama king who used to delete his toon or his gear or "quit the game" if you said anything remotely negative to him...even though he was a SERIOUS underperformer. Drove me INSANE. I finally convinced the GL to let me keep him the hell out of the guild.

And he was causing wipes in KARA. ><;;

The lock is just bad.

You are right OP, she got it cause she's a female officer :/ Sometimes giving it to officers first is not always a good idea... Just cause they're an officer doesn't mean they're good at playing their class
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

She's terrible, I'm flummoxed she's allowed to get away with that or get the legendary staff, I've seen women carried in raids before because of internet white knights but this is another level of awful. I've also played with plenty of good female players too (I do at the moment too) but come on, you think a male player in this situation would be allowed this kinda headroom for failure? Astounding.

To be fair, she's just a crowning turd on a massive iceberg of underperforming players on those logs. One of your druids on the normal kill has a harmony up-time of 35% and a lifebloom uptime of a massive 34%. The other one ain't much better but at least he has his lifebloom at closer to 70%.
    Last edited by Beasty; 2011-09-26 at 01:56 PM.

This thread is getting derailed into a "she's female" thread - which is not the issue.

You need to teach her how to play demonology because she clearly has no clue, or let her play affliction. As for the comments about the dps issue please look up Midnight Sanctuary (on Stormrage) and note that Spiffy (affliction) and Sanoku (demo) both have legendaries but still perform fairly close together.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...6&e=226#Sanoku

Ensure she reforges her gear to stack mastery (over 2k definite, aiming for 2500) and has it mastery > haste > crit; this will go a long way to improving damage. Her metamorphosis tied in with mirror proc tied in with moonwell challice will see her damage become super awesome.

I'd recommend you ask her which she prefers - demo or affliction - then get her to find the right gear. She has haste on 80% of her gear but 2 excellent demo trinkets and a demo wand. Ultimately if she can hit 2200 mastery her gear is fine for demo and her dps will go way up stacking mastery, good luck getting her to read this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrkew View Post
    Boobs. Getting girls loot without deserving it since 2004.
    Well this is a blanket biggoted statement, theres some truth to it to. Now, I've met some bad ass female players in my day, back in vanilla the best tank I ever healed was a female, and our top dps lock was a girl too. However, I can also cite many examples of shitty female players being carried and geared simply cause they are female. I dated a girl recently, she had been playing wow for a couple years, when I found out she played I checked out her armory and was impressed. She was an officer in a progression guild on a solid server, and was way more geared than any of my toons. When the real ID grouping feature started, we ended up doing some ZA/ZG together. Shed end up being the most geared person in the group, yet she ended up dying to avoidable fight mechanics, body pulling trash and wiping the group, and her DPS was good for ZA/ZG, but nothing someone in 359 gear couldnt pull, and she was in FL gear. Now, since we were dating, I didn't want to talk trash, but man, its frustrating for someone like me whos not in a good guild, can't get into one without having achieves I have to hope I get from a lucky pug, but who knows simple game mechanics to watch someone else get carried into progression content cause she was a hot chick.

"how can we approach her without offending her?"

I think the answer is clearly to post about her on a public forum and state that she only got the legendary because she's a female officer. That won't offend anyone .

I'd suggest having a more skilled lock on the roster talk to them. Ultimately, if this lock with the legendary is a good, mature player, they're going to realize that they should be doing more DPS and will be eager for any advice.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock might just be bad. It's a waste of a legendary in the grand scheme of things but hey, it still increases dps by 10-15% of someone who is terrible too! Demo plays a lot differently than Affliction and if she isn't use to playing Demo that might be the cause?

It's not a female issue. Our Heroic Ragnaros kill had 3 females that performed every major role and they were right around average or in the top tier of the 12 people we raid with.

Our Demo Lock had low performance on the fight as well (21k over the course of the encounter) which isn't that good. Some of that is because he pops 3 magma traps and has to save Major CDs for important parts of the fight, rather than using them on CD to inflate damage. Still, 21K isn't amazing considering my Frost DK did nearly 25k and I didn't do any damage in P4 (cloudburst person).

HC Ragnaros isn't really about DPS over the course of the encounter, rather DPS being used efficiently. Certain DPS can help you reach different plateaus, but if you aren't anywhere close to them it really doesn't matter. Doing more DPS in P3 if you can't beat the second meteor really doesn't matter a whole lot, might as well save CDs for P4. Etc!

Someone that sucks gets a legendary, more news at 8.

Quote Originally Posted by thinkvision View Post
    our warlock recently got the legendary staff but didnt like what we saw last night. is affliction gimp for this fight??

many raid members are questioning the decision to give it to her first (she's a female officer, go figure) and our hopes of getting a heroic ragnaros kill are looking rather slim. how can we approach her without offending her?

of course dps isn't the end all that be's all, but we were simply expecting... more.

suggestions?
    Holy shit. You make a MMO-C account to bash your officer because "you didn't like her numbers" on the first few hours of heroic Ragnaros? "She's a female officer, go figure". Go figure what? If she is such a bad player, why do you only notice this just now? And not when it was decided she would get the staff? Or long before that?

our hopes of getting a heroic ragnaros kill are looking rather slim.
    Earned the achievement Heroic: Majordomo Fandral Staghelm for 10 points. 13 hours ago

So you expect to oneshot heroic Ragnaros, find out that it's not as easy as the other nerfed-to-the-ground heroic bosses, and start to question the ability of the person wearing the legendary staff? Holy shit we got a legendary staff, now we will oneshot Ragnaros because this person will do 100k dps!

suggestions?
    Yes, I have some for you:

* Don't make retarded posts like this.
    * When Blizzard turns 6 out of 7 bosses into piñata's, don't go complain the second you find out the 7th boss is still somewhat of a challenge.
    * Don't expect a single player to beat the game for you.
    * Her gemming etc. is fine for affliction, tell her to commit to demonology gems/enchants/reforges if she is planning to play demonology for the only remaining hard encounter in this game. Suggest her to read up on demonology at EJ.

Deleted
    nooobs you should have gave it to a mage.
    ah well own mistake

User was infracted for this post ~Prozac
    Last edited by mmocd9f934ed2c; 2011-09-26 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siph View Post
    Earned the achievement Heroic: Majordomo Fandral Staghelm for 10 points. 13 hours ago
    * When Blizzard turns 6 out of 7 bosses into piñata's, don't go complain the second you find out the 7th boss is still somewhat of a challenge.
    ^ This. It's lame that they nerfed H Rag at all, but oh well. At least they didn't change it too much.