How common is this

Ok so, me an 2 RL friends are gonna start doing some 3's, however everyone only has 1 lv 85, so have to play with what we have, what i wanna know is if our setup will be any good.

We are gonna be play frost mage / arms warrior / resto druid.

Is this a common setup ? does it have the potential to do fairly well ? The mage (Me) and the warrior have had some pvp experience however never in the 3s bracket, so just wanna hear from the community on the viability of the setup.

Thanks

Its the classes you have, Go with it. I mean healers are ridiculous to deal with, especially resto druids they can hot up people and run away, leaving them fair game for you (the mage) in your group as your druid happily kites them around and plays them like puppets. While the warrior sticks to and controls melee.

I am sure some people will tell you to reroll whatever do the FoTM this or that, but nothing wrong with using what you have. I mean I am in 2's on my Ret/Prot Paladin with a Hunter, talk about unbalanced disadvantaged team, but we have fun, making some kills. Every so often, We will get a pair of...fools, that I tank the entire time while she just unloads on them and they act like she isn't even there while she kills them...just the way things go.

Anyway, since you are starting out and Season 10 doesnt have very many weeks left in it. Gear wise you are going to be seriously disadvantaged unless you are geared already. You will need a lot of BG Honour grinding to prepare, it will make things a bit easier. Anyway Good luck to you and Hope you get into arena and tear some things up. Make Things Die!
    Last edited by Chowderman; 2011-09-26 at 01:21 PM.
    "I heard Shadowmourne procs naked ladies..."
    The rapture took my paladin - May 21, 2011
    In a recent online survey, 100% of the population uses the internet.

Thanks alot Me and the warrior are pretty much full vicious geared, just gotta get the druid geared up. We're definatly not re-rolling just to make the best possible comp, i just wanted to see if this setup is being used or how viable it is, we're gonna try make it work anyway !

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior/Mage is one of those comps that requires some pretty good skill... and resto druid is the worst healer for 3's at the moment. SO hope you got some skill

since it's obvious you're fully intending to go pro, and it's not just for fun or anything like that, i'd say you need to go MMR or something, because that's what the top .02% of all arena teams in the world play and as such there is NO OTHER VIABLE COMP ANYWHERE AT ALL.

in case it was not obvious, that was slightly sarcastic, and you should play what you have and just get good at it, you'll do fine.

If you aren't intending to get top 0.5%, then just have fun with it. My friend and I play 2v2 with our retradins in blues for the lolz sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

We are not going for any top end ratings or anything, I am simply asking if people have seen this setup in any high end ratings

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crableg View Post
    We are not going for any top end ratings or anything, I am simply asking if people have seen this setup in any high end ratings
    Yes. There were a couple above 2750 last season in the battlegroups I played on; nothing much's changed, so if anything it should be better this season than last.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    Warrior/Mage is one of those comps that requires some pretty good skill... and resto druid is the worst healer for 3's at the moment. SO hope you got some skill
    This.

+10chars

Deleted
    Switch the druid out with a paladin
    --> WMP
    ??
    Profit :P

If not, just play with what you've got, and have a great time while doing it. Game's not worth taking too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Chowderman View Post
    Its the classes you have, Go with it. I mean healers are ridiculous to deal with, especially resto druids they can hot up people and run away, leaving them fair game for you (the mage) in your group as your druid happily kites them around and plays them like puppets. While the warrior sticks to and controls melee.
    Not saying you are wrong, but are Resto druids that much better in 3's? I only have experience in two's and Resto Druid and their HoT's are a complete joke as they are easily able to be dps'ed through.

Just curious if they are that much better in 3's and if so, why.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Not saying you are wrong, but are Resto druids that much better in 3's? I only have experience in two's and Resto Druid and their HoT's are a complete joke as they are easily able to be dps'ed through.

Just curious if they are that much better in 3's and if so, why.
    Druids may be the weakest of the healers in 3's but my point is right now with current gear, healers, all healers are out of control. Not too mention only using HoT's, there are more heals in the toolbox than just HoT's only using those isn't a good sign of play. Swiftmend, popping tree form with instant regrowth's are not exactly easy to dps through. I am just saying, healers in general, right now, are not so simple.
    "I heard Shadowmourne procs naked ladies..."
    The rapture took my paladin - May 21, 2011
    In a recent online survey, 100% of the population uses the internet.

I'm a proponent of playing what you enjoy. As much as I like my stock RMP and KFC teams, I have the most fun playing all ele teams. Unfortunately, lack of interest has left us only a 2s team for this season. Is it viable? No, but we're good at the spec, our synergy is solid and we've rocked plenty of teams who had no business losing to us (healer/DPS teams being the roughest). We even managed Hot Streak. Since we get our ele kicks in BGs (rated and random), we're okay with a subpar rating in arenas.

Druids may be the weakest of the healers in 3's but my point is right now with current gear, healers, all healers are out of control. Not too mention only using HoT's, there are more heals in the toolbox than just HoT's only using those isn't a good sign of play. Swiftmend, popping tree form with instant regrowth's are not exactly easy to dps through. I am just saying, healers in general, right now, are not so simple.
    Not sure if serious. Resto druid in tree form may as well put a target on their head since they lose all of their mobility. They have a very difficult time dealing with swaps. Healing throughput right now is nowhere near as high as you claim it is. Perhaps a free-casting Holy-Paladin with cooldowns, (Not that they need to cast that often) but they're the most easily cc'd healer by far.

Or maybe you're talking about the inability to kill something while just mindlessly tunneling damage into a target with little to no coordinated cc or swaps. In this scenario, a healer SHOULD be able to keep that target alive for an extended period. Mindlessly tunneling a target in that fashion shouldn't be rewarded.

My point was I know in 2's resto druids are just flat out bad. You can easily dps one down by yourself because of how bad their HoT's and casts are. I just wasn't sure if there was that much difference in 3's when you add another person to the mix that might be able to put some CC on.

jsd i have no clue i just posted )))0