Light of Dawn & Word of Glory

I use LoD way more than WoG. But I am also a 25 man raider. However, with the nerf in FL and the fact that most of my guild is very well geared, people are taking much less damage. I am finding that it's more effective for me to be casting WoG on tanks, than to cast LoD on the raid. When people had less than a 378 GS, and when the bosses hit harder, LoD was a really good heal for me in FL. It's a tough call on which spell to use. I still use LoD on trash. But I am trying to get use to using WoG on the tank on boss fights. What are you guys doing now with LoD vs WoG with the nerf and the fact people are taking less damage because they have better gear??? I am hoping that the expansion will bring LoD back to a mana spell, so that way people will use both LoD and WoG and not strongly favor one over the other. I know there is no change in the new patch coming soon.

Deleted
    I still use Lod when im sure it hits more then 3 targets. Simple as that. Ofc i am 10man raider so i dont use Lod that much but on some of the fights its still kinda nice to have. Even with the nerfs is kinda nice to have "free" heal to raid when needed. With Fl gear/hc gear even tanks take less dmg so its pretty much the same as b4 just the numbers have been lowered so dont have to spam like a mad man anymore (atleast on 10man hc)

I only raid 10's, so this is going to be of limited relevance to you, but ultimately it comes down to what do you need. It basically comes down to a priorty though. If your tank needs a big heal right now, WoG him, end of story. If you have a raider take a big hit, use WoG on him. If you are in a situation where you have to chose between blanket heal (LoD) and a spot heal (WoG), use the one that's going to give the biggest benefit. Obviously if the entire raid is low (maybe after a slash on majordomo, LoD without question. If only a few people are low, WoG. You also have to consider that if LoD hits 4-5 targets, the beacon heal will actually be larger than WoG would give.

Bottom line, use what's most beneficial. Under ideal conditions, LoD is more healing/HP, but the healing on each target is pretty small. WoG is a much bigger single-target heal, but has a bigger chance to overheal either the initial target or the beacon target. LoD should also only be used if you can hit at least 3 and preferable 4-5 people.

If your in a 25 man guild in heroic firelands, the only time you would be using lod is.

Beth tilac phase 2
    Rhyolith
    Some parts of Rag (not many)

These are the only bosses that your guild would be stacked up enough AND taking alot of damage.

That's the only 3 encounters I'd say using LoD is actually beneficial to the raid.

Every other boss using LoD is worthless and you are just sniping heals on people that would just be healed up regardless.*WoG on a tank would be more beneficial even if it overheals the shield will be used.

For those pallies using LoD on heaps of bosses I feel really sorry for your tanks.
    Last edited by doovez; 2011-09-26 at 11:02 PM.

Like the other user said, there are only a handful of situations where LoD is useful. Having 2 WoG procs back to back is quite nice and it heals for a decent amount considering its free. I usually just wings and LoD since I know heavy raid damage is incoming.