Page 1 of 3
LastLast

We've Been Trying to Get our Disc Priest to Gem Correctly, But...

Is he?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%93ddy/simple

He's gemming for Mastery - I thought any caster should gem for Intellect?

Please don't make entire posts in size one text... it hurts the eyes. -Arlee
    Last edited by Arlee; 2011-09-26 at 03:41 PM.

280 int hes missing by gemming mastery. lets not forget 50 int from bracers bringing his total up to 330 int missing.

As disc int is both your best throughput as well as your best regen stat and missing that amount is quite significant.

sooo yeah.. hes wrong... Dead Wrong (c wut i did thur)

Edit: forgot to mention that I left the shoulder gem as well as the yellow slot of the legs as a 20 int 20 mastery gem to activate his meta in the 280 int calculation. although you can feel free to check the total added up as its early and my asian math powers are only active after noon.
    Last edited by Ricecooker; 2011-09-26 at 03:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, he is wrong. This may fall under naming and shaming though

Aw, I was posting in 1 to mess with OP
    Last edited by Art3x; 2011-09-26 at 03:45 PM.

O dear dear dear...Even as a Holy priest I'd throw my own mother under a bus to get a little bit more intellect. Disc priests get +15% scaling on intel and their main regen mechanics depend on it...he is so wrong.

Disc stats prio stats are Int>haste>mastery>crit

Deleted
    Tell him to learn his class or gtfo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, he should not be reforging everything he has to spirit. One might think like that first, but if he maxes his int more he wont have mana problems and will do more healing on top of that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Mastery is better than Int as a throughput stat ONLY when you cast alot of shields. So unless you're a 25man HC raiding guild and have great need of shieldspamming during high damage phases he's doing wrong. According to his spec, hes wrong either way, as you should specc AA/A for shieldspamman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3D0n View Post
    Disc stats prio stats are Int>haste>mastery>crit
    No they're not. Int > HST = MST > CRT

Deleted
    Gemming 40 mastery gems is wrong yes, but not gemming mastery. If he used the 20int + 20 mastery it would be better for him than the straight mastery gems. Someone also mentioned something about spirit. To be honest I think I ran with like 1600 spirit reforged everything into either mastery or crit specially crit with the 200% change to it. I wasn't ever a fan of Haste, but it depends on your play style and which spec you run. If you are AA haste is a must. But according to his spec he isn't AA either.

Edit: He's also using the haste enchant on his bracers, kinda strange specially since he didn't spec into haste nor reforged for it. Intel would be better. 114k mana is pretty low for a disc priest his gear level. Think I sat at a 360+ ilvl with 123k mana unbuffed.
    Last edited by mmocbe00007827; 2011-09-26 at 04:04 PM.

Deleted
    btw, is he primary tank or raid healer? if hes a tank healer, drop focussed will in favour of train of thought.

but yes, int int and more int

Well....at least he's doing it wrong the right way and getting all of his socket bonuses....unlike the disc priest I met who only gemmed blue spirit gems 8 /

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    No they're not. Int > HST = MST > CRT
    unless you're A/A spec.. haste is bleh.. crit/mastery all the way!

haste will always just mean more spells cast per minute for disc.. but if that's your thing then fine..

I prefer crit/mastery as more crits mean more aegis and more mastery means bigger aegis which means less time playing catch-up healing and more time proactively shielding..

if you need to heal a few people.. PoH is guaranteed aegis regardless of crit.. since "heal" is more or less a mana neutral spell.. you can sit there and spam it to keep your aegis up!

remember! a disc crit means 100% larger heal.. with an additional 30% aegis on top of it!
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

He keeps telling me that he HAS to heal the raid, too. We run Resto Druid, Hpal, Disc Priest. I'm sorry, but shouldn't raid healing be done by some shields from the priest and the rdruid, while the tanks are taken care of by direct heals from the hpal, disc priest, and if we're lucky some float heals from the rdruid? He says that if he doesn't have a shield on the tanks, the tanks will die/he'll have to spam flash heal on them. I'll attach some screenshots of what he's saying.

http://i55.tinypic.com/29dy25e.jpg
    http://i55.tinypic.com/n53iwp.jpg
    http://i55.tinypic.com/2iuu9p5.jpg
    http://i56.tinypic.com/ws738g.jpg

Seriously, entire posts in size 1 text are not cool. -Arlee
    Last edited by Arlee; 2011-09-26 at 04:52 PM.

There isn't an argument here people.

For all spells with the exception of PW:S, HST>MST. PW:S is MST>HST. So, the % of your damage resolution attributed to PW:S is the deciding factor of MST v. HST.

Does this matter for most? No. But maths are maths. They don't change unless the variables have changed [which they haven't since 4.2].

And, to the OP, yes, INT is king.

Deleted
    Easy answer, kick him and find a new disc priest, he obviously doesn't understand how to heal as a disc priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP~ Do you have any WoL reports for us?

Reason why I as is this, why does your Disc feel the need to heal the entire raid? Do you all have healing assignments? Are you using 2-3 heals?

Int is king, but before you mess with this healers world, give us more detail...why does he feel the tank (s) will die if he casts a few heals on raid?

Could be more than just gems and reforges keeping you from 7/7...

Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    unless you're A/A spec.. haste is bleh.. crit/mastery all the way!

haste will always just mean more spells cast per minute for disc.. but if that's your thing then fine..

I prefer crit/mastery as more crits mean more aegis and more mastery means bigger aegis which means less time playing catch-up healing and more time proactively shielding..

if you need to heal a few people.. PoH is guaranteed aegis regardless of crit.. since "heal" is more or less a mana neutral spell.. you can sit there and spam it to keep your aegis up!

remember! a disc crit means 100% larger heal.. with an additional 30% aegis on top of it!
    I think the weights depend on if you are A/A, SoS, or something else. I know A/A would want Haste/Mastery for more heals + stronger shields. As SoS Haste + Crit are nice as you can use Greater Heal quicker, reduces your debuff on Power Word: Shield and results in bigger mastery shields overall. I've also heard some go Mastery + Crit for bigger shields to start with and more critting.

I think overall the secondary stats for Discipline is more of a personal choice and what you are comfortable with and works for you. Even with that, everyone should know Healer's #1 stat = intellect no matter what. Stronger heals, bigger mana pools, etc.

Deleted
    meh if he's spamming shields and not going oom then mastery is his best stat /shrug

starting using other heals or struggle with mana and int will very quickly overtake though

for spamming gheal or PoH haste is your best throughput secondary stat, crit is your best secondary overall stat for spamming gheal or PoH given a finite mana pool and spamming over a length of time that will make you oom at any point