Deleted

Screen Resolution changes

So i changed my GTS250 to a Radeon HD4870. So far no Problems but when i play CS 1.6 and switch back to my Desktop my Resolution switches from 1280x720 to 1252x7xx and my Screen looks kinda unsharp. Any Ideas what it is ?

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have the game running at the same resolution of windows apparently.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Deleted
    Are you running the game at that res? Sometimes when you shut down a game the res changes to what you have in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's awkward. I'd try updating your drivers first off. I'm not really sure what could cause that, but try changing the in game resolution. It could be switching your desktop resolution because you haven't touched the in game resolution yet. (This gets really repetitive when you run a 1920x1080 monitor and it defaults to some 4:3 ratio. :<)

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    So i changed my GTS250 to a Radeon HD4870. So far no Problems but when i play CS 1.6 and switch back to my Desktop my Resolution switches from 1280x720 to 1252x7xx and my Screen looks kinda unsharp. Any Ideas what it is ?
    Do you alt tab alot? here and there?

Deleted
    no it only happens in CS 1.6 so maybe the Same res as Windows could be a Problem but still this shouldnt happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    no it only happens in CS 1.6 so maybe the Same res as Windows could be a Problem but still this shouldnt happen
    Could be the old software, only capable of running at a certain resolution.

Deleted
    Ok i guess i solved it, Problem was i was running on 60hz set it to 75hz now everythings works and it doesnt change anymore. Kinda odd tbh on my GTS 250 i could never use 75hz @ 1280x720 it would just say out of range but now with the HD4870 it works fine oO. Thanks for the Help