Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekkk View Post
    Hi guys, I'm arcane mage and I recently got Theralion's Mirror heroic and i need to chose between MWC and normal VPLC as a second trinket. I know that heroic VPLC is BiS but i don't know where the normal version stands. I see that here VPLC is rated as better than MWC but i don't think its 100% accurate. I also don't think that normal VPLC is better than heroic TM, just because it has higher ilvl.

When TM procs and i pop MWC the mastery stacks, but TM's procs are too random (it even procs from pollymorph) to have both trinkets up at the same time. On the other hand VPLC grants 76 more intellect than MWC, so the question is whether 1700 mastery every 2 minutes its better (or not) than +76 permanent int. What do you guys think?
    I personally like VLPC over H TM, like you said the proc is to random and it might be wasted in many scenarios. H TM can be more powerfull over Normal LC in a burn fight like shannox heroic where you will get great use of the proc in the initial burn phase and with a little luck in the 2nd last burn. In your case i would use heroic TM and Vlpc normal.
    Tiandar --------- retired
    US Executus <Static> 13/13h , 7/7H, 6/8 H (25 man)
    staticraid.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nekkk View Post
    Hi guys, I'm arcane mage and I recently got Theralion's Mirror heroic and i need to chose between MWC and normal VPLC as a second trinket. I know that heroic VPLC is BiS but i don't know where the normal version stands. I see that here VPLC is rated as better than MWC but i don't think its 100% accurate. I also don't think that normal VPLC is better than heroic TM, just because it has higher ilvl.

When TM procs and i pop MWC the mastery stacks, but TM's procs are too random (it even procs from pollymorph) to have both trinkets up at the same time. On the other hand VPLC grants 76 more intellect than MWC, so the question is whether 1700 mastery every 2 minutes its better (or not) than +76 permanent int. What do you guys think?
    Personally, I'd go for VPLC+MWC. I hate proc-based trinkets, and H TM is driving me mad sometimes. In 50% cases it procs on time, 40% - half-way through the burn, 10% - after Evocation, duh. On heroic Rag, it always procs right before the first transition :/

Quote Originally Posted by tiandar View Post
    I personally like VLPC over H TM, like you said the proc is to random and it might be wasted in many scenarios. H TM can be more powerfull over Normal LC in a burn fight like shannox heroic where you will get great use of the proc in the initial burn phase and with a little luck in the 2nd last burn. In your case i would use heroic TM and Vlpc normal.
    The raw int coupled with the proc on Normal VPLC runs away from H TM or MWC. It's +85 Int over H TM and +65 over MWC. The proc itself is ~3% of my overall dmg atm (30-40k varying by fight) so we'll just say it's a 1000 DPS proc. Even if Moonwell Chalice was on a 1 minute CD, the use would only be worth ~900-1000 Depending on scale weights.

In short, VPLC is a guranteed use me trinket. MWC vs H TM is personal choice as far as if you want to chance the proc. H:TM is better, but for fights like Heroic Rag where the only Phase DPS really matters is P3, you're better off going with MWC to gurantee you'll have the trinket proc/use.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Deleted
    Hi all, here is my mage: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...magma/advanced

I am going to get him geared up ready for the fire buffs in 4.3, which will hopefully make fire competitive. My question is, should I use DMC:V + Moonwell Chalice or DMC:V +the Jewelcrafting trinket I am currently using. I don't raid FL on this char so no boss trinkets are available at this time.
    If is it DMC:V + Moonwell Chalice, when is the best time to activate MWC?

Thanks!

Go with DMC:V and MWC. Use your moonwell chaliceabout 8-9 seconds before you combust to get the mastery bonus in to ramp up the damage for your combustion.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.

Deleted
    With regards to MWC activation, and what trinket combo to use I mean as arcane :P

Your mage isn't an engineer, so just pop is on your CD macro. AP/Gem/Trinket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rzzzor View Post
    Personally, I'd go for VPLC+MWC. I hate proc-based trinkets, and H TM is driving me mad sometimes. In 50% cases it procs on time, 40% - half-way through the burn, 10% - after Evocation, duh. On heroic Rag, it always procs right before the first transition :/
    I was running with VPLC+MWC before i got hc TM and it was great. However since hc TM is rated as better than MWC by every other site/tool I decided to go with it. I haven't yet seen it in action in FL but so far i agree with you regarding the procs. Sometimes it procs just right during the burn phase and other times it procs after or just before I'm about to use evocation, not to mention that there are times when it doesn't proc at all. Overall in terms of int + mastery gain hc TM is indeed better than MWC, however its proc rate is too random and too unreliable. I think I'll keep them both for a while and just switch them around depending on the boss encounter.

Hello,

First of all this is my mage (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gytwo/advanced) So, my guild isn't going to kill Sinestra anytime soon.. so im wondering if the VLPC(normal) and the Necromantic Focus(heroic) is good for an arcane mage? or should I stick with the Moonwell Chalice?

need some advice regarding this... Please... Thanks in advance!

Necromantic Focus is garbage for Arcane unless you literally have no other trinket. MWC >> H:NMF

Arcane starter trinkets? I have a mage that I've pretty much neglected, she still has two blue trinkets. I don't think she does enough damage to bring her to FL yet, so I'm wondering where would be the best place to start? DMC:V worth getting still? What would go with it best at the preraid level?

Thanks

DMC:V and Moonwell Chalice (Molten Front dailies)

what sims higher with vplc? dmc volcano or moonwell chalice?

i been using moonwell since i got it and doing pretty well

maybe i will switch back to dmc next week and see whats up?

Are you an engineer? If no, MWC. If Yes, Darkmoon Card: Volcano.

Aside from that, MWC can be more valuable than simmed depending on fight. ie: Heroic Rag only Phase 3 really matters for DPS, you want to gurantee more procs/trinkets lined up for your lusted burn to get a single meteor.

im jc/enchanter, only fight i been using dmc over moonwell is on H alysrazor

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello fellow mages, I'm having the same question regarding what trinkets to use. Currently I'm using MWC and reg TM (we are not doing H T11, so no options on SoW or H TM).
    In my bags I got sitting the following trinkets:
    Stump of time. (hit)
    Darkmoon Card: Volcano. (int proc)
    Rune of Zeth. (on use int)
    Necromantic focus. (383 int)
    Alchemist stone (351 int)

So, what's the best combo for arcane? And what's the best combo for frost/fire?

Here's my armory (if it helps at all) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ankha/advanced
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

DMC:V/MWC for Arcane.

DMC:V/Necromantic Focus for Fire/Frost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    DMC:V/MWC for Arcane.

DMC:V/Necromantic Focus for Fire/Frost.
    I see. Was mostly wondering because I read somewhere that the int proc of DMV (and on top of that if ur power torrent procs) your mana won't be at 100%, jacking up our mastery. Is that true, or just a myth?

Thanks

forgot to add: should I reforge DMC:V to haste, or leave it as it is? Thanks
    Last edited by Anyankha; 2011-10-26 at 06:58 PM.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

Deleted
    i have a question atm im using MWC/VPLC but ive read on other forums that DMC:V is bette then MWC im getting confused!

Quote Originally Posted by Anyankha View Post
    I see. Was mostly wondering because I read somewhere that the int proc of DMV (and on top of that if ur power torrent procs) your mana won't be at 100%, jacking up our mastery. Is that true, or just a myth?

Thanks

forgot to add: should I reforge DMC:V to haste, or leave it as it is? Thanks
    The int gain far outscales the Mana Adept drop, so don't be concerned with that.

Regarding DMC:V reforging; as Arcane, run a 10k-25k iteration Simcraft and check your stat weights, or give me an armory link and I can do that for you. Haste and mastery are generally very close for arcane, but often switch spots depending on gear level. As for DMC as fire, definately to haste or hit, mastery is fire's worst stat atm.

---------- Post added 2011-10-26 at 11:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fraw View Post
    i have a question atm im using MWC/VPLC but ive read on other forums that DMC:V is bette then MWC im getting confused!
    It is for engineers, but the two are very close in relative value to non-engineers, with DMC:V eeking it out at times. Personally I run VPLC/H:TM (SOW hates my guild) and switch to MWC for Rag for P3 guranteed burn CD. Mages should have DMC:V, MWC, VPLC, and H:TM in their bags unless they have SOW - as situationally they are all superior to eachother at one point or another.