10+ Year Old Account

List all Wow expacs played . The list pro's and cons of each and if you raided or not

List all WOW expansions played including vanilla . Then please list what you like and disliked about each one also note if you raided that expansion

Vanilla .
    Very grindy . High cost of mounts . My main had difficulty handling multi mobs with no pocket heal.However when I did accomplish something it gave me a sense of satisfaction. Exploring the world was fantastic part of the game . Dismounting in water was annoying and some wonky mechanics were major issues.I did however learn a lot by the end of it.I did not raid but leveled smoothly into TBC.

TBC .
    Some grind but bearable . Helping key quite a few people for raiding was tedious ( I hate murur to this day). Playing as prot grinding quests was the same..tedious . Introduction of flying mount was pretty awesome . Mechanics were decent for at least warrior and mage . I played and raided with both during that expansion. Cost of re-talenting your toon was just too much . I refused to do it. Group make ups for raids could be touchy but could usually be gotten around with a bit o finagling . I did have to Xfer servers to raid higher tiers as the population on our home sever just wasn't there to do it. The 25 mans especially .

Wrath .
    Same grind but again bearable. I love how everyone says that this expansion was so casual friendly. It wasn't that way till you over geared it or was carried through it. Loved the different questing zones starting out I hated Borian tundra, and was glad to have the other zone to level in. There was a fluid feel about leveling . Dal as well designed as it was , just couldn't support some realms populations and there were lag issues constantly .Same goes for raids at launch lag issues to the point we couldn't raid . It was the midway through Ulduar patch that just fked everything up . The release of TOTC was too early in my opinion . Oddly enough I believe that was also the patch that introduced lfd. I could be wrong though. I raided all the way up to ICC .Toward the end too many people left game and I had some real life issues come up that just took my drive away to finish.

Cata.
    Was excited at first and started off with the same mindset . Do regulars , then heroic , start raiding . After doing the regulars something happened and I didn't even have the drive to run heroics and I tried. I ended up loathing the hurry up and wait proccy mechanics of the whole fking lot of classes. I hate goblins and hate the fake accent worse. Hell I don't really even like the mounts. Stone drakes in particular look awful to me. As far as what I like about it. I guess the sparklie visual stuff some of the mechanics do , but even that has a downside . I can't tell if I need to get the fk out of it or stay the fk in it as a tank. As far as raiding I have no desire to raid Cata.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla
    Pro : First MMO, so everything.
    Con : Very very grindy, never managed to hit the level cap.
    No raid, did PvP

BC
    Pro : Loved the storyline, and Kara
    Con : Leveling still felt very grindy.
    Raided

Wrath
    Pro : Leveling Northrend was easier, great story.
    Con : Arthas felt like Dr. Claw "I'll get you next time!" So much whining.
    Raided

Cata
    Pro : Revamp made the old world fun.
    Con : WAY too much whining.
    Raided
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Classic
    Pros:
    It was a world with a million things going on in it. Pirates here, black dragons there, the Scourge around that corner and the Silithid around that one. At the time it was quite a huge step in accessibility, with an actual real path to the level cap that didn't revolve around grinding mobs. I'm still kinda nostalgic for some of the feelings I had early on, but it's the kinda thing that you only get when something's new to you. The art style had issues, but it was still very characterful and made up for low polygon counts with clever use of textures.

Cons:
    It had no focus, no direction. There were a lot of awkward quality of life issues that were still leagues ahead of most other games at the time, but they could still be painful and have since been fixed.

Raided:
    None

Burning Crusade
    Pros:
    A focused experience with new ideas like the bombing runs adding some flavor. It raised the bar on visuals and I'm still nostalgic today about how I actually felt drawn into some of the conflicts and didn't mind doing most of the dailies day after day.

Cons:
    The lore got massacred in ways that were completely unnecessary. The ultimate endpoint of the expansion was fuzzy, with Illidan getting beat right away, having nothing to do with the Burning Crusade (which was led by the Burning Legion, not the Illidari), and never really being built up to. The Sunwell did a better job, but by that point it felt like it came out of nowhere. The introduction of heroics was also kind of rough, and I remember having a lot of trouble pulling them off with my friends and ultimately not doing very many.

Raiding:
    Karazhan. Was pretty fun once my friends and I got used to it (not all my friends are the best, so raiding can be quite a steep learning curve for the group as a whole). The place had a lot of atmosphere and while it suffered a jumbled, directionless story like Classic did, it was still enjoyable.

Wrath of the Lich King
    Pros:
    The first expansion I got to the level cap in a single run of my subscription. The path to the end was completely focused and introduced a slew of new ideas like vehicle content that I absolutely loved. The story didn't fall apart like Burning Crusade, and while I think they made some silly decisions in how they handled the visuals of Icecrown, and the whole 'there must always be a Lich King' thing, it felt like everything we were doing was actually coming to a point. It was almost like finally having a Warcraft IV. Plus, there was a lot of thematic stuff I like, including the formation of the Argent Crusade and the return of Tirion, and I actually liked the tournament and the jousting, even if it didn't really make all that much sense. :P

Cons:
    The Battle.net merger caused me some problems that made me stop playing before seeing the end. I appreciated that Yogg-Saron didn't end up stealing the show from the character we knew, but it made Ulduar feel out of place. The biggest con I think I have is that I just feel like I pretty much did everything, and needed something like Cataclysm a lot earlier.

Raiding:
    Naxxramas. It was pretty fun, and it was neat seeing something I never had the connections to have done when it showed up in Classic. I tried the other raids, but most weren't really feasible with my friends.

Cataclysm
    I've only played the Cataclysm trial, but from that I can say...

Pros:
    Awesome revamping of the 1-60 content. It finally feels on par with the lessons Blizzard has learned since 2004. Flying in Azeroth and other quality of life changes are a welcome addition, and the new areas seemed solid and directed. The Worgen starting area was absolutely beautiful and atmospheric.

Cons:
    What I saw just felt like just a new patch to Wrath of the Lich King. Maybe enough to keep me busy and have some fun, but nothing to truly grab my attention. Plus, the story actually starting to move is interesting, but despite being a veteran of Warcraft since the original RTS, I'm really not interested in Deathwing at all. Then there's the fact that I think many elements of the story are moving in stupid directions, like starting all out war between the Horde and Alliance again by just making a bunch of Horde leaders evil. Finally, there's also the fact that the Worgen starting area was so well done, it made me want Blizzard to do a singleplayer RPG in the Warcraft universe that could go even further in telling a concise story where the world can change around you and they don't have to be limited by the engine of a 2004 MMO. :P

Raiding:
    None

Other Note:
    This trend toward extremely directed storytelling would bother me in any other MMO. Something that's really been bothering me is that the original concept of an MMO was a virtual world, and they're slowly getting transformed into singleplayer experiences with monthly fees (or cash shops) attached, among other drawbacks to telling strong stories. However, I see it as a pro in World of Warcraft because it was never that great at being a virtual world in the first place, and I'd much rather be getting the watered down Warcraft IV we are now than no Warcraft IV at all.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2011-09-27 at 10:28 PM.

Vanilla:
    Pros: Raiding felt more epic because it was something new and the large groups of people made it interesting. Also just seeing Ragnaros come out of the pool of lava was great.

Cons: You had to be in a large guild to be able to raid anything. Thing were inconvenient seemingly for the hell of it (15 minute flight paths, Feralas/Hinterlands quests, certain rep grinds). Finally got into a good guild at the end of it and got into an MC raid the first night. For hours we struggled our way through with dumb luck, hard work and tenacity. Finally, at the end of the night we got to Rag at last. He killed us all in under a minute because we didn't have any fire resist. That taught my naive self everything I needed to know about vanilla raiding.

BC:
    Pros: It felt better to beat things in raids. You could get a closer knit group of people with just 10 and 25 mans and get some more accomplishment out of it. Also, Kara is the second best raid ever next to Ulduar.

Cons: Had to join smaller guilds after other guild broke up. Raided Kara a lot for a while then larger guilds stole all of our healers. Heroics and raids were very inaccessible to people that could not devote a lot of time to raiding. Everything required a long tiring grind. Having to gear up new raiders and then attune them every single time made progression slow as hell after losing people.

Wrath:
    Pros: Heroics and raids much, much more accessible to smaller guilds. Getting old tier for badges made gearing up new people much faster. New raids had mechanics that were both challenging and entertaining without having some sort of gear requirement (as in resist gear). Storyline had more direction than BC.

Cons: ToC was a very poor instance in terms of length and entertainment value. Letting more people into raids allowed more idiots into raids (to be fair, that happened in vanilla due to needing 40 people, but they had less effect on the raid). Balancing act between PvP and PvE made too many unnecessary or nonsensical changes to classes.

Cata:
    Pros: Raiding and heroics still accessible but more challenging until the group has the mechanics down. Guild perks give people incentives to stick with a guild and they are much longer lived. Questing zones much, much better in terms of entertainment and fluidity. Goblins are awesome and I enjoy killing worgen.

Cons: Lack of content, probably due to most of their efforts spent on renovating old world. Balancing act still in full effect. General feel of the expansion is less than impressive for reasons I can't quite grasp.

Interweb Wasteland: Braving the trade channel so you don't have to:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...teland-Returns

Vanilla:
    Pros: Felt like a world the most. Community was better too.
    Cons: Early brain-farts, since the devs were fairly new at MMORPGs. Presentation was rather weak.
    Didn't raid.

TBC:
    Pros: Blood elves, their respective zones, Karazhan, introduction of Caverns of Time and ethereals, and Draenei females.
    Cons: Draenei are rather weak in other aspects. Outland was also unappealing and I especially hate how underpowered Horde presence feels despite Draenor being the place of origin to the orcs. The major cities/settlements are either draenei or fel orc -built.
    Didn't raid besides one full run of Karazhan.

Wrath:
    Pros: Story was good for the most part. Arthas, besides being somewhat Scooby Doo-ish, was well portrayed and awesome. Undead scourge, along with different sorts of vrykul/kvaldir, iron dwarves/constructs and the Scarlets were good enemy forces. Environments were superb, exactly to my tastes. Attention to detail was high. Horde received some cool new building models for both orcs and the Forsaken. Alliance got a real king for humans plus a beautiful harbor. Three cool new battlegrounds. Dalaran. Coliseum daily-hub. Pit of Saron and Halls of Reflection. Icecrown is a textbook example of how to make the top lvl zone, with Storm Peaks backing it up near perfectly.
    Cons: "There must always be a Lich King". Arthas really was kind of everywhere too much, to the point it got a bit too cartoon villainy. There wasn't any notable Horde/Alliance settlements in the higher lvl zones if we don't count the airships in Icecrown(which, I suppose, we should..). Mal'ganis remained alive and wasn't featured in 3.3. It was sad to see both Arthas and the Scarlets meet their end. No Gundrak raid(I don't raid, but it still feels like a missed opportunity). Only one CoT instance.
    3/4 of Naxxramas, other than that no raiding at all.

Cataclysm:
    Pros: More delicious lore-wise than ever before. Revamp of the old world was mostly good. Revamp of Stormwind is superb. Revamp of Orgrimmar is alright. Twilight's Hammer isn't as good an enemy as the Scourge, but still alright, especially when accompanied by elementals and spawns of Old Gods. Deathwing is an awesome dragon, even if Blizz decided not to feature him as the schemer he used to be. Horde-Alliance hostilities truly erupted. Goblins. Forsaken advancement(even though it's halted at the moment; we haven't received any updates to their story after WPL). Gilneas is finally added to the game and it looks good.
    Cons: The worgen as a playable race lack identity and feel awkward. Thrall became a pussy in rags accompanied by a random orc woman who I don't like. That, and he is featured far too heavily. Garrosh showed promise early on, but Wolfheart showed he's still clueless(thinking Thrall would praise him for conquering Ashenvale... I do support the war, but his motivation, the supposed acceptance of Thrall and Grom, is stupid). Maiev returned to her people only to turn out a baddie. Attention to detail is much, much lower than it was in Northrend. Cutscenes cutting into my gameplay in a type of game they really shouldn't have a place in. Linearity of the questlines makes me rage. Uldum.
    Still not raiding. May try it a bit with LFR, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    What I saw just felt like just a new patch to Wrath of the Lich King.
    Not sure if serious.

Vanilla: I was a nub, so I thought everything about the game was far too hard but at the same time I loved it. A pro and a con I suppose.

Burning Crusade: The last time the game (for me) had a real sense of community. Raid nights were one of the highlights of my week, all the time. Logging on to Vent and pwning some stuff while talking to people and having a laugh was excellent. Also, Demonic Sarcrifice. Oh I miss that nublish spec. </3 Karazhan, major pro. Not seeing any content beyond Gruuls - con.

Wrath: Very easily accesible content with the correct gear, really fun questing experiences (at times) and Ulduar. Cons: ToC, Gearscore and never getting a damn proto drake because I couldn't be arsed with the grindy achievement ones and the others were far too luck based. Also making DK dps dual weild after Naxx 2.0, ruined the spec for me in WoTLK.

Cata: Everything was new again (basically), some excellent questing at lower levels (Eastern Plaguelands a personal favourite) and giving DKs a dedicated tanking tree, there was just too much switching with it during WoTLK.

Cons: Raiding has been a lot more difficult to access since Catacylsm launched as I have been working and wasn't able to dedicate quite so much time to it, so I've fallen way behind and now it seems pretty pointless to try and catch up. Archaeology, had so much promise and in my opinion didn't deliver. Not getting Path of the Titans, despite not having a shitload of information on it, it too had promise. Many other things which I can't be bothered to mention.

Overall I don't think Cataclysm is a bad expansion, it's obvious it's the expansion that's had the most work put into it, it's just not my cup of tea.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo