Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    2x darkmoon card: greatness for 100g each in patch 3.0.8. The guy who was selling them was obviously on something...

Pity I had to use that trinket for the entire damn expansion, stupid togc.

Dirge's Kickin' Chops recipe for 10g. Took a few months but I got 25k for it.

Sniping the neutral ah is pretty lame btw. If you had any skill, talent or brains you could make bank legitimately and not have to essentially steal it. No, I never got sniped (I know people like you exist so I don't even try to transfer). It's just the principle of it that bugs me.

Even if all you did was fly around mining and/or herbing you'd make more than you make sitting at the neutral AH refreshing it every 5 seconds. But for people like you I guess the thrill is in screwing other people. You're what prevents our species from progressing. You must be proud.

I've sniped many epics at max level on neutral AH, got a ton of plate stuff for 1c that I resold for 50k total. I snipe a lot, and I get a ton of messages from the people who lost their shit since I'm standing at the AH when they log in to get it on their alt. Favorite was one with so many expletives and it was a macro they made so they sent me like 4 consecutive whispers at once. My response, "LOLUMADBRO /ignore" funniest shit ever

Deleted
    sniping neutral ah isnt lame, I've earned over 100k in a week there.

Quote Originally Posted by baelon View Post
    Dirge's Kickin' Chops recipe for 10g. Took a few months but I got 25k for it.

Sniping the neutral ah is pretty lame btw. If you had any skill, talent or brains you could make bank legitimately and not have to essentially steal it. No, I never got sniped (I know people like you exist so I don't even try to transfer). It's just the principle of it that bugs me.

Even if all you did was fly around mining and/or herbing you'd make more than you make sitting at the neutral AH refreshing it every 5 seconds. But for people like you I guess the thrill is in screwing other people. You're what prevents our species from progressing. You must be proud.
    Top rant there

10+ Year Old Account
    bought one of the argentum tournament pets on the neutral for 1g
    I think it was meant for someone else, someone slow...

Deleted
    yes I think its safe to say that brother is mad.

Deleted
    My most recent awesome snag moment was an Obsidian Cleaver for 16k. Sold nicely for 36k.

However my best snag has to be finding a Lava Bolt Crossbow for 22g. Ended up selling it for 20k.
    What makes it even sweeter is trade was going crazy about how some DK had ninjad a crossbow from a hunter in a trash run. Turns out this DK paid the raid leader 2,500g to receive the bow over the hunter. The crossbow I found was being sold by this ninja.
    The DK ends up 2,478g down, and I'm 20k up. I felt much better knowing I had bought it from a ninja and making him lose out.

EDIT: These finds were both on the Alliance AH. NOT the neutral AH.
    Last edited by mmocf34666f852; 2011-10-01 at 07:05 PM.

I won the boe Plate boots off beth the other day in a alt run. Posted them on the ah for 27k, sold in minutes. Logged on scanned AH see them for 16k.

Lets see if i can sell them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    New sig!
    OT: Managed to get a Volcano card for about 500g
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post

*muffled reading.......*
    THATS IT!!
    *moves to BB ah*

...i'll be rich, soon™...
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    The sceptic in me thinks it's very possible the guy in the SS posted the tiger himself, then bought it out again fast, although he would have to have balls of steel...
    afaik you can't buy your own auctions.

As for me, A month or two after ICC release I snagged the mp5 cloth belt for ~2k. Ahh, the days when Paladins could wear cloth

*ahem*

Thou enraged, brother? If you're ballsy enough to try and cross-faction transfer with neutral AH, then you should know the risk. You're putting it on the AH, you're taking the risk of someone else buying it. It's like leaving $20 on a downtown sidewalk and expecting it to still be there in 2 minutes when you come back.
    Last edited by Vook; 2011-10-01 at 08:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

So buying something off the AH for 1s and flipping it for a few thousand gold is bad, but buying a recipe for 10g and flipping it for 25k is okay? I guess what's good for the goose is ~not~ good for the gander after all.

And FYI, sniping brings in far more money than farming, hands down. One second of buying something on the AH is a potential net profit of tens of thousands of gold. I'd like to see you mine or herb something in one second that gives you a better return. You can't even come close to making the claim that it doesn't if you've never tried it yourself. We're not talking murder here, we're talking buying someone else's pixels of the virtual auction house, so stop trying to compare us to mass murderers or rapists.
    Last edited by halmotors; 2011-10-01 at 08:14 PM.

i get quite a few where people miss 0's off their ammounts.
    got the BoE mail boots for 1.7k a few days ago.
    in 4.1 i got the agility world epic kneck for 2k, the world drop cloak for 2.5k, and gilnean ring for 3.8k. i had a very happy feral kitty
    With regards to neutral AH sniping, i use the Ah to send shit to my ally chars and rarely see anyone sniping it (tbh the alliance side is dead so youd be there for days to get an item xD) i have no problems if someone sniped me (and they have out of a few tournament pets) its fair game if your stupid enough to risk selling an item for 1c be prepared that someone else might buy it before you.

Well mine wasn't a bargain but kinda is.

I got tired of WOW. Not the content but their gameplay style so decided to quit for good by selling EVERYTHING in AH and ended up got 100,000 gold from it.

What did I do with 100,000 golds? I actually purchased Coalwalker Sandals and the boot of the black flame and then spam the trade that I have one in procession and willing to do good trade with it. I wait until the first person to PST me and asked him to meet me and I basically just hand it over to him.

His name is Skittle but with special lettering with it and he is a warlock.

He was SUPER THRILLED and couldn't believe it that I gave it to him for free.

Gave the boot of the black flame to a mage and of course he was shocked and beg me to give him my first name so he can remember it to his heart. Funny tho.

this, the best ending of WOW for me in a long long time
    Last edited by Frostx; 2011-10-01 at 08:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haunted memeno for 3 gold... yeah.

I bought two of the ToC pets over the neutral ah when they first came out (a few thousand gold or something like that) for 2c. I got a pretty angry message but didn't give them back; I probably would have if he hadn't been so mean!

Oh well, you're taking a risk when you use the neutral ah; you should always assume the worst!

Deleted
    reigns of poseidus for 250g. sold it the same day for 99k

i got a wooly white rhino from some kid that was high or drunk , idk but he randomly traded and said "50g" i thought it was a troll but i still put it , turns out he accepted o.O next day he msged me saying if i can give it back he was in another "world" lolol , too bad i used it right away

restore mana prime pattern for 25g, shield block for 500g