Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Anime] Have you ever watched an anime that....

Have you ever watched an anime that just left you wondering so much? Recently I finished Death Note and I have been wonder SpoilerWhat it would have been like if Kira had won. In a sense I was rooting for him and wanted him to win but in another I knew he was crazy and needed to be stopped. I can't decide if I loved or hated it.

Another is Code Geass SpoilerI truly wonder what would have happened if Nunnally had not survived and Lelouch had maintained his control over the Britannia. Again like the other it could have gone both ways I felt for him for his loss of his mother but I also felt that he was going a bit to far. I still think they could have done an R3 with him surviving and living a life with C.C in secrecy that only Nunnally and a few others new. I really wanted to see the exploits of the "NEW" Zero.

Please use spoilers if you are going to spoil anything
    . I am really curious as to what other shows might have had this effect on you.
    Last edited by Zaerick; 2011-09-27 at 06:24 PM.

When I watch series while they are airing I wonder the whole week until the next episode what's going to happen, especially with Steins;Gate and Madoka.

Madoka was a killer since the last 2 episodes were on hold for awhile due to the Tsunami Japan had while the show was airing.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    When I watch series while they are airing I wonder the whole week until the next episode what's going to happen, especially with Steins;Gate and Madoka.

Madoka was a killer since the last 2 episodes were on hold for awhile due to the Tsunami Japan had while the show was airing.
    I am watching Madoka next I have heard it is very dark. I know you were trying to deceive me. I mainly meant a show after it was over that left you wondering what if. I have yet to see Madoka so I have no idea but I will be starting the first episode later tonight.

I wonder about Code Geass, ALL THE TIME. There are tons of plot points left unresolved, and some things that could have played out just a little bit differently. I could just sit and think about Code Geass for hours. Gief real season 3 NAO!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I wonder about Code Geass, ALL THE TIME. There are tons of plot points left unresolved, and some things that could have played out just a little bit differently. I could just sit and think about Code Geass for hours. Gief real season 3 NAO!
    Is it sad that during class I think of stories of what could have happened in Code Geass lol? Is it also sad that I would think that to be the perfect world to live in? I think I am a little sadistic in the head honestly but it is all good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shigurui: Death Frenzy

All twelve episodes were amazing, the first ep starts out with two mutilated men standing before one another, ready to fight to the death. The next 11 episodes tell their stories leading up to that point... Just to that point. It ends the same way it began, panning around those two men, who you never actually see do battle.

I Mad Bro.

EDIT:
    Had name wrong.
    Last edited by Phatsamurai; 2011-09-27 at 04:54 PM.
    "Yeah man, I'll help you with whate- Oh, you have a spider problem? Yeah.... Fuck that."

Soul Eater: I was left wondering wtf just happened.
    ****Spoiler**** She wins the final confrontation by using "courage"
    Also was disappointed with Shaman kings ending. So far from the manga its not even funny.

I wouldn't say I just get this from anime actually indeed anime hardly ever does this for me. Occasionally this might happen but I mostly get this feeling after watching something like Twilight Zone which are just big what if's.

What if you feel in love with a robot? Could you fall in love with a robot?
    Could you really believe someone if they told you they were keeping the devil in prison when that person looked and pleaded to you like a regular person?
    What if a kid ruled the world?
    If you could be beautiful would you even if you disliked the people that were?

All kinds of stuff from Twilight Zone which surprisingly is still relevant today. I think the last anime that really got me thinking what if was maybe Escaflowne. The prophecy in the anime is that every one's wish comes true. Which got me thinking how could this be possible? How can someone wish for world peace be possibly compatible with someone's wish for world domination? After thinking about it the ending actually made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    What if you feel in love with a robot? Could you fall in love with a robot?
    Watch Chobits great anime it will answer that question!

After watching Evangelion I wonder if I can ever be optimistic about the world as a whole again... lol

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's only natural to wonder about how far is too far to do percieved justice when watching/reading stuff like Akumetsu/Code Geass/Death Note, so of course I thought a bit finishing those.
    After finishing Irresponsible Captain Tylor I couldn't wrap my head around whether Tylor was a genius or a complete idiot, I still sometimes get lost in thought sometimes weighing the evidence.
    But about things that generally has left me wondering about more philosophical questions, Ghost in the Shell and Kino no Tabi comes to mind. The former about the whole 'where does the thing we call soul come from?', and the latter about the human nature in general.
    Last edited by Erihs; 2011-09-27 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Soul Eater: I was left wondering wtf just happened.
    With you there. Loved that series, but that ending... >.<

Anyway, I just hate cliffhangers, especially when the series is probably never going to be continued.
    Rozen Maiden (especially the manga) really left me wondering. Both the Anime and the manga ended with nothing but questions. :/ I still love the series though.
    "What kind of operating system does it use?"
    "It's...uh...Vista!"
    "WE'RE GOING TO DIE!"

Code Geass / Death Note moved me man....

The first angel beats ending where they all reincarnate and when angel and Yuzuru meet each other in thier new lives

Quote Originally Posted by etubrutei View Post
    The first angel beats ending where they all reincarnate and when angel and Yuzuru meet each other in thier new lives
    Yes I forgot about that, such a bitter sweet ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Yes I forgot about that, such a bitter sweet ending.
    indeed i felt happy and sad the part where Yuzuru breaks down after angel leaves is crazy sad

10+ Year Old Account
    Death note is the strongest anime ive finished that just put me in a depressed/confused state. First time i watched it when ifinished it, the main thing that continued to biggle my mind was how the note books were swapped lol that took me a while to figure out -.^ But then the second time i was just left thinking of all the possibilities of the world if he was never caught, would he continue to be pursued? Would his army of Kira lovers be to strong to have him ever stop? did he have the will power to stop when and if he really did rid the world of his conception of "evil" would it really end up being a utopia where people did die for the greater good. If he did finish up everyone and ran the world how would he act? considering he is at heart a good person who did only want "evil" people to die. And when he did eventually die on his own terms then what?? ARGHH alternate ending with more seasons pleaseeeeeeeeeeee. (if only =( )

10+ Year Old Account
    death note, soul eater, code geass.

yea kanade and yuzuru part was sad.

couldn't ponder over steins;gate as i started watching it when the last episode aired.

about blood-c i was thinking every week, are they going too up the action? hopefully it isn't going to be a bad episode again, hopefully it is...

Highschool of the dead, not counting OVA, What happened after the ending? (putting it in spoiler incase: What happened to them after they drove the highway up (last 3minutes of last episode)

Highschool of the dead OVA included: what happened after the ending? (ye same question; spoiler: What happened when the OVA ended at the cave, did they go in? or did they stay on the island?

can give more anime that left me thinking about some stuff but i'll stfu for now
    Last edited by Millhi; 2011-09-27 at 05:56 PM.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

15+ Year Old Account
    First Season of Highschool of the Dead left we wondering what's going to happen between (cant remember names) Main dude, Main girl and Samurai girl (who's getting screwed with after she's proven she's unstable..)

10+ Year Old Account
    takashi as the boy ye but if you mean with the main girl the one you see with him at the first episode thats Rei and the samurai girl is Saeko wich is the coolest of the female leads imo
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni